- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Alright...this is it...the last chapter! I thank all of you that have been reading and also for all the feedback, I have recieved. *MUAH* You guys are the best! So...enjoy!
My eyes slowly fluttered open, as pain seared through my body. I licked my sore lips, tasting a fair amount of blood. I struggled to move, but I found my arms to be tied, behind my back. Becoming more aware, I notice my legs are also tied together. The room was dark, with only a small stream of light, from a boarded window. Feeling someone on each side, of me, I looked to my right.

“Jay?” I gasp, taking in the horrific sight, of my beaten friend. I didn’t want to know what he would look like in full light…in just the dim light, he looked barely alive. “Yo, Silver Ring…wake up man…talk to me, please.” My pleading is barely above a whisper, but I get no response.

“He’s alive.” A deep menacing voice pierced the thick air, of the room.

“Why are you doing this? We’ve done…everything that you asked.” My eyes strained, in the low light, to see the man that spoke.

“You owe me, and my family, far more, than you could ever repay, Carter.”

“What did I do, to you?!?” I screamed, anger rising in my throat. I struggled against my restraints, trying with everything in me, to break free. My wrists were rubbing raw and my head pounded with a pain far worse than I had ever experienced.

“Gian is my brother, you arrogant little prick!” The man screamed, as he lunged towards me. His hand grabbed my chin, roughly, bringing our faces close. His hot breath brushed my skin, “You’re going to pay, you fucking bastard! I should just kill you, right here, right now!”

“He’s the one who committed the MURDER!!” I screamed, spit flying from my mouth. I twisted, struggling against the restraints, again. “That’s not my fault!”

“You’re the reason he’s in prison you dick fuck!”

“Juliano,” another voice pierced through the room. “In time…in time.” The older man came, resting his hand on the other’s shoulder.

“Who are you and what the fuck are you gonna blame me for?” I scoffed, feeling my adrenaline running quick, through my veins. My anger was heated, as I continued my useless effort, to break free.

“Who I am is not important. You crossed our family and you will suffer the consequences. Your dear, precious, Jordan has pleaded continuously, for you. She’s been a real doll…a perfect gem,” the man mocked me, with a heartless laugh.

“What did you do, with her!” My voice hit a volume that even startled me. I angrily pulled at the ropes again, struggling with all my might. “You don’t hurt her! Let…her…go!”

“Tsk, tsk…it sounds, as if, you care for the poor thing.” The older man stooped before me, just slightly above my eye level. “Should I shed a little light, on the situation? Let you see the big picture?” Suddenly, a flashlight flickered on, pointing to the other side of the room. My eyes widened. Everywhere the light fell, all I could see was explosives. The light slowly moved around the room, showing me the amounts of deadly explosives, that surrounded me, AJ, and…wait who, was it that was…

“Jordan!” I gasped, at only, above a whisper. Her limp body was tied up, next to me. Tears, unwillingly, welled in my eyes. She looked worse than AJ…her chest barely moving with each breath. Guilt washed over me…it was my fault this was happening…my fault we were here…my fault that people had died…and now…now it looked as if it would take a miracle to save the three of us.

“Oh, you didn’t see her there?”

“She didn’t do anything! AJ didn’t do anything! Let them go!” Hot tears fell, against my will. I was putting all my effort into loosening the ropes that bound me…I had nothing left, to fight back tears.

“Wha…what’s…Nick? Where the fuck…?” My head snapped back, to look at AJ, who was regaining his consciousness.

“AJ! O my god…AJ!” I gasped, happy that he was alive, yet pained by the idea that he still wasn’t safe. Did Dr. Suess have a riddle for this? How could some silly children’s book author save me, now?

“What’s going on?” His voice was groggy, as he began to realize his restraints. He, too, began to struggle, against them. Both of us were squirming like stuck pigs.

“Oh AJ!” A feminine voice rang out, as a new person entered the room. “Don’t worry, my love…”

“SHARON! Get the fuck of me, you skanky ass BITCH!” AJ screamed, as she came close, to touch him. He moved his head away when she tried to caress his cheek.

“It’s almost over.” She began to giggle, wildly. “It will be all over, soon” I watched her figure rise and head back out the door.

“Game over.” The older man spoke, once again. I watched as he strolled across the room. His flashlight settled on a large object. As it began to beep, I realized what it was…a timed detonator, for the explosives.

“In eight minutes, we’ll have a fireworks show, like no one has ever seen before!” The younger man brought his face, close to mine, again. “See ya, Carter.” With that, I heard the door slam shut, followed by the clicking of a lock.

“Now what?” AJ asked, as we continued our struggle.

“Fuck if I know!” My answer was sharp and cold. “I’m the fucking moron, of the group, remember?!?” I hung my head, ashamed, of the mess I had gotten us all into.

“Don’t start that shit, Bumblebee. You’re not a moron, and you fuckin know it! You do stupid shit sometimes…but come on, I’ve done me fair share, too! We have to be productive here, and get ourselves out of this mess!”

“Yeah…you’re right…sorry.” I lowered my voice. Just as I was about to speak again, I heard movement, from my left. My head whipped around, to look at her. “Jordan? Baby? Can you hear me?”

“Nick?!?” I finally heard her sweet voice, next to me.

“Yeah, Jordy, it’s me.” A smile graced my face, if only for a moment. “I’m gonna to get you out of here, you understand? I’m gonna get you out of here.” I felt her weight slump against me, her head coming to rest, on my shoulder.

“I’ve been worried,” she whispered softly. My heart ached, feeling her so close, yet being unable to hold her. Everything, in me, wanted to wrap my arms around her.

“Jordan…”

“Yeah?”

“Here it comes,” AJ sighed.

“What? What’s wrong?” I could sense panic, rise, in her voice. I swallowed the lump, in my throat. It was now, or never, but how was I going to say it? My brain wouldn’t process the words.

“Well…there’s been something that…I’ve been hiding from you. I mean…I wanted to tell you…and I tried to hint around, about it but…” My voice left me, making my sentence trail off.

“What is it, Nick?” Her head stayed, on my shoulder. I let my head rest onto hers, as I drew in a deep breath.

“I’m not sure when it happened…hell, I’m not even sure how it happened…but, somewhere along the line…I…” Swallowing hard, I gathered my courage. “Jordan, I’m in love with you.” I blurted, quickly. I heard a sharp gasp, come from her and, to my surprise, nothing came from AJ. See? He can be respectful, when he wants to be.

“What?!?” Her voice was barely audible. She tilted her head, still on my shoulder, to look up at me. I lifted my head, so that I could look down, into her eyes. The dim light was just enough, for me, to lock eyes with her.

“I said that…I’m in love with you. I finally realized it the night that I found out you were in the CIA. Your brothers…and dad…and the guys…and my family…everyone knew, but you. I understand if it’s all business to you and you don’t feel the same way…but…I had to tell you. It’s been killing me…tearing my heart to shreds…I couldn’t take it anymore.”

“Oh, Nick…” she whispered, not breaking our eye contact. Her tongue darted out, to moisten her lips. Drawing in a deep breath, I ignored AJ’s groan and lowered my head. My lips finally pressed softly against hers. The kiss deepened for a moment, but then broke. “I love you, too, Nick.” She whispered with a smile, as our lips meet in another searing kiss.

THE END!!!!!