- Text Size +

November 25th, 1972

“Happy anniversary baby.”

Debra jumped upon hearing a soft, deep voice whisper in her ear. She turned slightly to see her husband standing behind her, a bouquet of roses and a box of chocolate in hand.

“Gosh Will, scare the crap outta me why don’t you.” She said softly as she looked down at her son, whom she was bottle feeding, but he was slowly drifting off to sleep.

“Sorry babe… you didn’t think I forgot, did you?”

“Me? Of course not. Happy anniversary sweetie.” she said as she pecked him on the lips.

Will looked down at his son, who was sporting a fuller crop of black hair and had green eyes behind his falling eyelids. “Good, sport’s going to bed soon, which means that I can have you all to myself…” he whispered as he nibbled on her ear.

Debra laughed as she shied away from him, “What’s gotten into you Will?”

“Nothing much,” he said as he began walking into the kitchen. “Just want to spend some quality time with my lovely wife on our special day.”

Debra smiled as she shook her head. She slowly got up and had placed their now-sleeping son into the bassinet. She leaned down and had gently placed a kiss on his forehead, “Goodnight baby boy… love you.”

When she looked up, she saw her husband standing in front of her, holding two flutes that were filled with champagne. “Shall we take this upstairs?”

Debra smiled as she slowly and seductively made her way over towards her husband. He held out a glass to her, to which she graciously accepted. They gently tapped their glasses together, staring at each other through the dim light. “Lead the way.” she said with a smile, then took a sip of her champagne.

Will only stared and watched as she took a sip, his grin growing bigger as he took a sip of his own champagne. All of a sudden, Debra felt extremely lightheaded, and felt as if everything, all her energy was quickly being sucked out of her.

“Will?” she managed to gasp out before everything turned black.

Both of their flutes fell to the ground, shattering upon impact. Will quickly held his arms out and caught his falling wife, who was now unconscious. “I’m sorry baby.” he whispered as he lifted his wife up into his arms. He started to carry her upstairs, not even stopping to address their son, who was now wailing at the top of his lungs.

~*~*~*~

“Will?” Debra said softly as she slowly walked into her husband’s office. She saw him sitting at his desk, writing something and stopping every once in a while to glance at what she assumed were her notes.

“Will?” she called out louder this time, causing him to stop what he was doing and look up at her.

“Hey baby, what are you doing up and about?” He asked as he placed his pen down. The past couple days Debra wasn’t feeling so well, and she didn’t know why, but Will sure did but played it off like he didn’t know. “Oh, I promised you that I’d be up there with a bowl of chicken soup, didn’t I?”

“I’m not here for that… lets just say, that I think I know why I’ve been feeling yucky and acting moody lately…”

“Well… why?” he asked, trying to look as if he didn’t already know.

She whipped out a pregnancy test stick from behind her back and held it up to him. “I’m pregnant.”

“Again?” he tried to act shock. “Oh my god, I can’t believe it… we’re gonna have another kid!”

Debra smiled excitedly as she began to rub her flat stomach. “Kevin’s gonna have a little baby sibling…”