Absolute Chaos Discussion Boards

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Remember, site banner rules apply here too!

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Honey's New Update Thread...  (Read 6047 times)

honey

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Being Jamie Baker Website
Re: Honey's New Update Thread...
« Reply #15 on: April 09, 2009, 03:12:34 PM »

It is lovely! See my AVI? That's my son in the picture from the other day! It was beautiful out. It hasn't been quite as warm since, but next week is supposed to be gorgeous. If only I had a laptop, I could sit on the beach and write at the same time! And then I wouldn't be distracted by the internet the way I am at home lol.  But sigh, as much as I'm not looking forward to Arizona heat, I'm still really excited about the move for lots of reasons.

Anyway... the actual point of this thread... I'm excited that in the last couple days I've actually started opening my word again. I even sat down and wrote an entire chapter of one of my stories!

Chapter six of Love Potion No. 9 is posted!

Yay! I hadn't posted any of that since like December, and even then I hadn't written a new chapter for like months before that. Now... I need to finish the Chapter of fan friction that I'm half done with and I'll officially be on a roll! It feels good to be writing again. Writing anything.
If Ryan looked at me the wrong way, I lost it. If Ryan looked at me the right way, I lost it. And whenever he tried to kiss me, something usually blew up. Someone ought to teach him a little control.

honey

• Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #16 on: April 29, 2009, 10:08:38 AM »

Woot for writing since it so rarely happens these days...   Just experimenting in a new fandom. (I blame Ash.) 

I wrote a short Castle fic called "Pieces to the Puzzle"   http://www.absolutechaos.net/viewstory.php?sid=9699
If Ryan looked at me the wrong way, I lost it. If Ryan looked at me the right way, I lost it. And whenever he tried to kiss me, something usually blew up. Someone ought to teach him a little control.

Chaos

• Villiage Idiot
  • Almighty Ruler
  • Minion of Mayhem
  • Defy Reality
    • Absolute Chaos
« Reply #17 on: April 29, 2009, 03:00:49 PM »

Oh sure. Blame me.

I'd be quite happy to take the credit  ;D

(Excellent Castle fic!!! Looking forward to more!)

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #18 on: April 29, 2009, 07:03:13 PM »

I love that you're writing a Castle fic!  I'll have to check it out when I have more time; I just got home, and Lie to Me is starting.
~Julie

"Sometimes writers and sociopaths are hard to tell apart." -J.K. Rowling

honey

• Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #19 on: February 21, 2010, 09:36:14 PM »

Wow! According to this, it's been almost a year since I posted anything... I suck.  And right now I'm here just answering a question. Still no update to report. Sorry.

You're publishing a book?  That's great!!  Do you know when this year?  And what is the book about?

Yeah, I'm being published. Yay! It's a story called Being Jamie Baker. It's about a girl with super powers. A few people on this site have read it because I posted it here as I wrote it. (well, the crapy first draft anyway. It's practically a new book by now.) It won a few Felix awards last round, and a SKOW award as well. That was pretty cool.

Anyway, it's not the most ideal book deal. It's through a tiny publisher, will be paperback only, and only available on Amazon.com. It's one of those print-on-demand things. So I don't have a distributor and won't be in any book stores, but I will be officially published. So I'm looking at this as a stepping stone and am hoping that I can sell enough copies to find a good agent for whatever comes next. Someday I hope to be a "real" author.

I don't have a specific release date yet, but they are shooting for June/July of this year. We got held up with editing. We were going to go with someone and then decided not to, and found a new one but had to wait like 5 months for her to take on the project... She's awesome though, and I'm soooo happy we changed. The web sight is www.beingjamie baker.com and it makes me giggle to look at it. I have just a homepage up right now, but pretty soon we will be adding more too it. Plus I'm slowly getting fans on facebook. Which also makes me giggle. We're also in the process of making a short book trailer which is going to be animated and kind of "comic book" style to go along with the story. That is going to be rad. 

Lol I'm a little excited. Can you tell?  Anyway, I'll shut up now.

Carter-Orange

• Chief of Disorder
« Reply #20 on: February 22, 2010, 03:45:18 AM »

That's fab news Kelly!  I'll look out for it on Amazon in the near future :)

FricksBabyGurl

• Captain of Commotion
« Reply #21 on: April 28, 2010, 10:18:20 PM »

Hey what ever happened to Genesis? I liked that story a bunch. The thought of Backstreet in space was freaking awesome.
School uniforms- $2,500.
School supplies and fees- $1,000.
"From this day forward, you are an LSU Tiger." -Priceless.

November 10, 2009- Greatest day of my life, the day I read those words. ^^

honey

• Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #22 on: April 29, 2010, 09:21:35 AM »

hahaha thank you. I agree, I liked the idea of them in space too. Not enought BSB sci-fi. To answer the question, Um... well... whatever happened to any of my writing? I haven't written anything for ages. Moving, buying my first house, publishing a book, having a baby, all with my husband gone 90% of the time... Life caught up with me I suppose. I'm hoping that someday I'll pick my fan fic back up, but I hardly have any time to write my original stuff anymore either, and I enjoy that more, so we'll have to see.

I'm sorry I'm kind of like letting people down, I guess, just letting all my stories go. I never wanted to do that. But it means a lot that you'd ask me about it it. Thanks for the thought, and wish me luck!
« Last Edit: April 29, 2010, 09:23:26 AM by honey »

FricksBabyGurl

• Captain of Commotion
« Reply #23 on: May 01, 2010, 11:26:34 PM »

I get why you haven't been writing if you have a kid. But I went to reread what you had posted already and it was no longer there.  :(  Sorry I made you feel like you let people down, that so wasn't my intention.
School uniforms- $2,500.

honey

• Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #24 on: May 03, 2010, 05:22:39 PM »

Oh, no! I didn't mean you lol, I just have been naturally feeling like that lately. It wasn't you, don't feel bad. (I just hate abandoning stories.)  I forgot I'd taken Genesis down. I took a couple of my stories down a little while back.

FricksBabyGurl

• Captain of Commotion
« Reply #25 on: May 03, 2010, 07:59:32 PM »

At least you've finished one before. I'm still working towards finishing ONE!
School uniforms- $2,500.

honey

• Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #26 on: May 03, 2010, 11:29:26 PM »

lol, aww. The first one is the hardest. After that it gets easier and easier. (Unless of course, you get pregnant and spend four months vomiting nonstop...)

FricksBabyGurl

• Captain of Commotion
« Reply #27 on: May 04, 2010, 03:34:42 PM »

Lol it would be easier if I didn't have high school to worry about. We had a week off and I wrote so much but now we're back and I've lost all inspiration :(
School uniforms- $2,500.

honey

• Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #28 on: May 04, 2010, 07:00:24 PM »

ah, but summer break is just around the corner. Maybe the free time will inspire you.

FricksBabyGurl

• Captain of Commotion
« Reply #29 on: May 08, 2010, 01:39:41 PM »

Yeah it sure will. Five more days and I'll be finished with high school forever! ;D I'm already jotting down ideas I want to work on over the summer.
School uniforms- $2,500.

Pages: 1 [2]