Absolute Chaos Discussion Boards

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Remember, site banner rules apply here too!

Poll

Which Stephen King book should we discuss?

Salem's Lot
- 0 (0%)
Salem's Lot
- 0 (0%)
Cell
- 6 (75%)
The Girl Who Loved Tom Gordon
- 1 (12.5%)
The Eyes of the Dragon
- 0 (0%)
The Stand
- 1 (12.5%)

Total Members Voted: 8

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6

Author Topic: The Cell discussion thread  (Read 5877 times)

Rose

• Supreme Time Waster
  • Uh oh! We lost Nick again...
    • Double Rainbow Fiction
Re: The Cell discussion thread
« Reply #45 on: April 08, 2009, 04:57:15 PM »

My fave from Stephen King as I said a million times is his Dark Tower series.

But as for Cell, I loved how intense it was. I seriously could not put it down. And since a lot of his stories involve a ton of buildup, and this one had essentially none, I really liked the change. Also, the idea of having the end of the world come through cell phones creeped me the heck out lol, especially since I adore mine lol.

I'm rereading this along with his other fic Bag of Bones. I'm on such a SK kick right now.
Double Rainbow Fiction - So Bright and So Vivid...

"Don't annoy the writer. They may put you in a book and kill you." —Anonymous

“I don’t believe in being serious about anything. I think life is too serious to be taken seriously.” —Ray Bradbury

honey

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Being Jamie Baker Website
« Reply #46 on: April 08, 2009, 04:59:14 PM »

lol well I guess it's good that I started with this one, because they can only get better. Josh said this one was just a random quick one he wrote on a spur of the moment just to kind of pay homage to his favorite zombie movie guys... I guess he read some interview somewhere where he said it was just kind of supposed to be a fun quick read... I'll have to check out some of his other work too. I love his dramas too. (At least the movies, anyway. lol.)  Josh says for me he'd recommend the Dark Tower series. And I know a lot of you guys have said you like that one too. So maybe I'll eventually start that monstrosity.
If Ryan looked at me the wrong way, I lost it. If Ryan looked at me the right way, I lost it. And whenever he tried to kiss me, something usually blew up. Someone ought to teach him a little control.

Rose

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Double Rainbow Fiction
« Reply #47 on: April 08, 2009, 05:03:13 PM »

lol well I guess it's good that I started with this one, because they can only get better. Josh said this one was just a random quick one he wrote on a spur of the moment just to kind of pay homage to his favorite zombie movie guys... I guess he read some interview somewhere where he said it was just kind of supposed to be a fun quick read... I'll have to check out some of his other work too. I love his dramas too. (At least the movies, anyway. lol.)  Josh says for me he'd recommend the Dark Tower series. And I know a lot of you guys have said you like that one too. So maybe I'll eventually start that monstrosity.

He's absolutely right, that series is so freaking awesome. It's so insanely creative. Just remember it's 7 books long lol and the books are huge. But awesome. The first one is good, but the weakest of the series (in my opinion) so don't judge it by "The Gunslinger". It's good, don't get me wrong, but it gets way better.

“I don’t believe in being serious about anything. I think life is too serious to be taken seriously.” —Ray Bradbury

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #48 on: April 08, 2009, 05:15:38 PM »

I agree about the Dark Tower Series. I'll have to read those over eventually. I hardly remember the first one.

How sick is SK's mind when he thinks this story is a quick, fun read? lol
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #49 on: April 08, 2009, 05:18:26 PM »

LMAO pretty sick!  But I can see his point... it's not very long, compared to a lot of his other books, and it does move pretty quick, whereas you can tell a lot more development of plot and characters and setting went into the other books of his that I've read.  But it's definitely an entertaining read!
~Julie

"Sometimes writers and sociopaths are hard to tell apart." -J.K. Rowling

Rose

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Double Rainbow Fiction
« Reply #50 on: April 08, 2009, 05:23:10 PM »

I agree about the Dark Tower Series. I'll have to read those over eventually. I hardly remember the first one.

How sick is SK's mind when he thinks this story is a quick, fun read? lol

Pretty sick, and I love that about him lol.

honey

• Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #51 on: April 13, 2009, 08:04:43 PM »

I feee-nished! And I loved it and I will definitely check out more SK in the future. So, when everyone catches up to me, let me know!
If Ryan looked at me the wrong way, I lost it. If Ryan looked at me the right way, I lost it. And whenever he tried to kiss me, something usually blew up. Someone ought to teach him a little control.

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #52 on: April 14, 2009, 01:44:38 PM »

Time to start reading the next part of Cell. Try to read all of Gaiten Academy this week and then don't forget to post your thoughts about it as you read.

I only have about 15 more pages to go before I hit the end of that part and it's been the most intense part of the book so far, for me anyway.

Also, now that we are about halfway through this month, it's time to start thinking about next month. Does anyone want to host next month? Or if not anybody have any good idead about a theme or do we just want to throw rnadom book titles out there and pick in a poll? Suggestions would rock.

Personally, I like the idea of a theme or one author with many different books to choose from by that person.
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

honey

• Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #53 on: April 14, 2009, 02:05:03 PM »

I had an idea for a theme, and a couple of books I'd like to suggest. I wouldn't mind doing next month, but then I've already done it once, so if someone else wants to do it instead, by all means, speak up!

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #54 on: April 14, 2009, 02:15:26 PM »

^ you haven't really done it though lol I think it's safe to say your month wasn't really your month.

honey

• Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #55 on: April 14, 2009, 02:41:32 PM »

Oh, that's right. That was the month I got real sick. Well then, I'll just claim next month if that's alright. I have a theme and a couple of suggestions, but I'll compile more of a list, and post something soon.

Rose

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Double Rainbow Fiction
« Reply #56 on: April 14, 2009, 07:48:31 PM »

Can we do an Anne Rice month? Pleeeeeeeeeeee eeease.

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #57 on: April 14, 2009, 07:56:15 PM »

We can do an Anne  Rice month at some point, sure. Do you want to be in charge of it?

Rose

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Double Rainbow Fiction
« Reply #58 on: April 14, 2009, 07:59:01 PM »

If I am, it'll have to be a summer month then LOL.

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #59 on: April 14, 2009, 08:03:20 PM »

We can do that lol I mean, it doesn't matter to me. I don't mind hosting it, but i'd rather it be from the person who is the die hard fan. LOL
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6