Absolute Chaos Discussion Boards

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Spammers will be banned. Repeat spammers will be fed to angry penguins.

Poll

Which Stephen King book should we discuss?

Salem's Lot
- 0 (0%)
Salem's Lot
- 0 (0%)
Cell
- 6 (75%)
The Girl Who Loved Tom Gordon
- 1 (12.5%)
The Eyes of the Dragon
- 0 (0%)
The Stand
- 1 (12.5%)

Total Members Voted: 8

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6

Author Topic: The Cell discussion thread  (Read 5879 times)

Rose

• Supreme Time Waster
  • Uh oh! We lost Nick again...
    • Double Rainbow Fiction
Re: The Cell discussion thread
« Reply #60 on: April 14, 2009, 08:06:29 PM »

Yeah, I'm addicted to her Vampire Chronicles, read and reread them a million times. It's sad lol. It'd be best if I hosted, I know her books by heart. I'm just sad she's gone completely religious fiction now, cause none of that appeals to me.

Anywho, so are you still liking Cell Mare? Or is it too similar to his other end of the world fics now that it irks you? I really liked the fast paced-ness of it.
Double Rainbow Fiction - So Bright and So Vivid...

"Don't annoy the writer. They may put you in a book and kill you." —Anonymous

“I don’t believe in being serious about anything. I think life is too serious to be taken seriously.” —Ray Bradbury

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #61 on: April 14, 2009, 08:14:42 PM »

I'm still on the Gaiten Academy section, and I agree, Mare, definitely more intense!  It's eerie, because nothing bad has really happened, yet you sense that it's about to, and that makes it really suspenseful.  It's getting very interesting too, how their behavior is changing.  The story is deeper than what I expected in the beginning.
~Julie

"Sometimes writers and sociopaths are hard to tell apart." -J.K. Rowling

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #62 on: April 14, 2009, 08:15:24 PM »

I am actually enjoying it. It's not my favorite by far, but it's not bad either. I think as far as his end of world stories, The Stand is still up there for me lol

I'm curious where he's taking this one. I just can't get past the fact that he left his cat at home. LOL I literally had a really hard time with that. I know...but to me my pets are my babies. I would have figured out a way to take him with me.

The girl is annoying me, but I think maybe she's supposed to. I do enjoy the new additions of the headmaster and Jordan. I hope they stick around. It's nice having some more characters around.

I really enjoyed the Mayfair Chronicles by Anne Rice. I like the vampire chronicles too but the witches were my favorite ones.

Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #63 on: April 14, 2009, 08:16:45 PM »

I'm still on the Gaiten Academy section, and I agree, Mare, definitely more intense!  It's eerie, because nothing bad has really happened, yet you sense that it's about to, and that makes it really suspenseful.  It's getting very interesting too, how their behavior is changing.  The story is deeper than what I expected in the beginning.
Yeah, SK is so good at making things suspensful all the while nothing has even really happened yet. You keep feeling it's just around the corner. The whole cd thing is creepy weird lol
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

Rose

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Double Rainbow Fiction
« Reply #64 on: April 14, 2009, 08:18:41 PM »

I am actually enjoying it. It's not my favorite by far, but it's not bad either. I think as far as his end of world stories, The Stand is still up there for me lol

I'm curious where he's taking this one. I just can't get past the fact that he left his cat at home. LOL I literally had a really hard time with that. I know...but to me my pets are my babies. I would have figured out a way to take him with me.

The girl is annoying me, but I think maybe she's supposed to. I do enjoy the new additions of the headmaster and Jordan. I hope they stick around. It's nice having some more characters around.

I really enjoyed the Mayfair Chronicles by Anne Rice. I like the vampire chronicles too but the witches were my favorite ones.

I liked the Mayfair Chronicles too. Have you ever read Blood Canticle...I think it's called... the two series actually crossover in that one.

“I don’t believe in being serious about anything. I think life is too serious to be taken seriously.” —Ray Bradbury

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #65 on: April 14, 2009, 08:19:41 PM »

Aww, I know, the cat part made me sad too! :(

Alice doesn't really bug me, but the creepy little sneaker thing is weird LOL.  I like the addition of Jordan and the headmaster too.

And I agree... the mellow music blaring from all the boomboxes at once - and seemingly from inside them too - is totally creepy.
~Julie

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #66 on: April 14, 2009, 08:21:09 PM »

I liked the Mayfair Chronicles too. Have you ever read Blood Canticle...I think it's called... the two series actually crossover in that one.

No, I haven't read that one. Interesting. I was on an Anne Rice kick kind of like ym Jody Picoult kick now. I couldn't get enough and then I got sick of her and took a break and never went back lol

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #67 on: April 14, 2009, 08:28:22 PM »

Alice doesn't really bug me, but the creepy little sneaker thing is weird LOL.  I like the addition of Jordan and the headmaster too.

And I agree... the mellow music blaring from all the boomboxes at once - and seemingly from inside them too - is totally creepy.

I know! Super creepy lol And how he describes the stench of the place. Yuck!

Did you get to the blowing up the stadium part? All I kept thinking for that is "If they make this into a movie I am NEVER going to see it!" lmao

Rose

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Double Rainbow Fiction
« Reply #68 on: April 14, 2009, 08:29:45 PM »

The boombox bit definitely creeped me out.

I didn't get sad about the cat lmao. Maybe I would have had it been a dog instead.

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #69 on: April 14, 2009, 08:34:04 PM »

I will not let my cats know you said that! lol

Rose

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Double Rainbow Fiction
« Reply #70 on: April 14, 2009, 08:41:12 PM »

LOL sorry, I'm just not a cat person. But that's cause I'm horribly allergic to them. I adore dogs though, I have two of them. If I was in Cell, I'd bring my dogs with me lol.

honey

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Being Jamie Baker Website
« Reply #71 on: April 14, 2009, 08:41:46 PM »

lol I didn't get sad about the cat either. But I did think he would take it with him and was surprised when he didn't.

I think the time at Gatian Academy was by far the most suspenseful/intense part of the book. I'd just finished that section the night I was all creeped out and didn't want to go to sleep. lol.

If Ryan looked at me the wrong way, I lost it. If Ryan looked at me the right way, I lost it. And whenever he tried to kiss me, something usually blew up. Someone ought to teach him a little control.

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #72 on: April 20, 2009, 05:35:13 PM »

Wow, Gaiten Acedemy's part was mega intense. lol

Let's read up to Worm this week or even try to finish the book off. I know I probably won't be able to because it's a busy week for me.

Anyone else's thoughts on all the crap that happened at the Academy? lol

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #73 on: April 26, 2009, 08:43:53 PM »

Time to finish this book off!

Don't forget to come in and give your thoughts on this. Whenever we start talk of the next month's book, we always forget to come back to the one we're currently talking about lol

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #74 on: April 26, 2009, 10:10:41 PM »

I'm still reading... I'm being really slow at this one LOL.  It's bathroom and before bed reading, so I'm reading it in short spurts... I just haven't had time to really sit down during the day and read a lot of it at once.  So I'm still not done, but I am enjoying how it keeps getting deeper and creepier.
~Julie

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6