Absolute Chaos Discussion Boards

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Spammers will be banned. Repeat spammers will be fed to angry penguins.

Author Topic: Hawk and a Handsaw... finished?  (Read 2617 times)

julilly

• Master of Havoc
  • Supreme Time Waster
Hawk and a Handsaw... finished?
« on: May 10, 2010, 06:01:18 PM »

Oh yeah. That's right. Finished.

I'm sure no one noticed but I took everything down in the fall (long story) and I told myself the only way it was going back up was if it was finished.

I didn't think about it at all until yesterday afternoon when I suddenly decided it was time. I wrote until 3:00am this morning, did some finishing touches when I got home from work this evening and it's done.

I can't say it's exactly how I wanted it to end, but I'm happy with it. I hope all of you are too. :)

http://accidentalchaos.net/viewstory.php?sid=10084
~Maple Jellybean~

What's the difference between ignorance and apathy? ... I don't know, and I don't care.

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
Re: Hawk and a Handsaw... finished?
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2010, 06:34:09 PM »

aww congrats! Yay to everyone finishing up their stories! You're making me feel bad lol
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

honey

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Being Jamie Baker Website
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2010, 07:01:27 PM »

woot woot woot!!! Yay Julilly!!!!  I'm so excited! Now I just have to get the tie to read it again. It's been so long I doubt I could remember where I left off. But this story is so fun I won't mind starting over from the beginning.

And don't feel too bad Mare, you're not the only one not finishing anything right now.

Yay again Julilly!!!
If Ryan looked at me the wrong way, I lost it. If Ryan looked at me the right way, I lost it. And whenever he tried to kiss me, something usually blew up. Someone ought to teach him a little control.

cabybakes

• Commander of Confusion
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2010, 07:33:09 PM »

Congrats!  This story has been on my list of things to read (which is pretty short these days)!  All the more reason to read now!

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2010, 10:20:13 PM »

Congrats, Julilly!  I bet it feels awesome to have it finished.  I haven't had a chance to check out the ending yet, but I'll post a review when I do.
~Julie

"Sometimes writers and sociopaths are hard to tell apart." -J.K. Rowling

julilly

• Master of Havoc
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2010, 08:56:46 PM »

It really does feel awesome to be finished, I cant even tell you how great it is. (Though Im sure you know)

I have been really worried about the reception to the ending but so far from what few reviews Ive gotten it seems as though it isnt too bad. Phew!

(PS: I apologize for my lack of apostrophe useage... my computer is stuck in french again so I just get è é à instead of punctuation.)
~Maple Jellybean~

What's the difference between ignorance and apathy? ... I don't know, and I don't care.

Carter-Orange

• Chief of Disorder
« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2010, 04:39:10 PM »

Well done on finishing.  I've just started reading it today and am really enjoying it so far.

You aren't the only one who feels bad for not finishing though.  I have a few I've not even looked at for a whole year!

julilly

• Master of Havoc
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #7 on: May 12, 2010, 05:26:31 PM »

I think I probably wrote the most within the first year, then it died lol

I always thought about it though!
~Maple Jellybean~

Chrissy

• Captain of Commotion
  • the author formerly known as filiklepto
« Reply #8 on: July 29, 2010, 03:03:38 PM »

Awesome!  I was wondering where your story went, and only today did I think to check the update thread :D  I'm definitely going to read this as soon as I get a few hours to dedicate some time to it.  Can't wait, I'm sure the ending will be brilliant.
my muse is such a lush