Absolute Chaos Discussion Boards

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Spammers will be banned. Repeat spammers will be fed to angry penguins.

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: A little story convo  (Read 6988 times)

kevmylove

• Minion of Mayhem
A little story convo
« on: February 09, 2012, 12:50:57 PM »

Hey there everyone. I thought I would try and make some convo on here. Maybe it's me but it seems to be kinda dead...

Name three stories that really caught your attention last year and why.

Did you finish or start any new projects this year?

What are you reading lately?

Recommend a story or two you think someone might enjoy! (one can be your own)

Just random things to get convo going!! I hope you guys don't mind.  ;)

Carter-Orange

• Chief of Disorder
Re: A little story convo
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2012, 01:37:07 PM »

Great idea Erika!  I will be back when I've thought of my replies.

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2012, 02:59:34 PM »

Nice thread Erika. It has been dead here lately. I know feb is a busy month for me.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2012, 04:17:39 PM by mare »
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

Carter-Orange

• Chief of Disorder
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2012, 03:33:14 PM »

Whatever The Night May Bring by Mare
Chronos Project by Lore
Just One Kiss by Erika

Why?  Because they are all different kinds of stories but all so brilliantly told.

I started a new story called Maybe Tomorow not so long ago, and have also just started my first collab with Lore called Unwinding Truth

At the moment I'm reading Whatever The Night May Bring, Chronos Breach, The Other Side of Nick Carter, Fight Me, Underneath Your Clothes.  I'm waiting for updates on Song For The Undead and Guilty Roads :)

I recommend any of the above.  I hate advertising myself but Save A Prayer might be enjoyable to some.

Purpura Lipstick

• General Pandemonium
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2012, 05:03:01 PM »

Mine are not all new stories because I've been a bad fanfic reader... bad ...

Sinister Devotion - Kevmylove (Erika) - a lot of people said they enjoyed it from the reading challenge so I thought I'd give it a try.  From reading this I have found a new fave author and friend in Erika. :)

Save a Prayer Carter-Orange (Steph)- I know I'd started, or told myself I was going to read one of Steph's stories before (Rewind I believe) and just never got around to it.  This one looked good from the get go and I was pleasantly surprised at the adventure I was taken on. Another new fave author, friend and collab partner! :)

The Other Side of Nick Carter Ritz - From the thread where she first discussed her idea for this story I was hooked! Nick and ghosts! why didn't I think of that!!!  From there Ritz has just kept me wanting to know about the ghosts and Nick and how they interact and what will happen.  I look forward to more stories from Ritz in the future and she has become a friend as well.

This year I want to finish a couple of my unfinished stories, I don’t like having those unfinished things sitting there.

I also started a new Sci-Fi story Severed Identities and of course Steph and I have Unwinding Truth that we are both uber excited to be writing together.  She and I are having a blast talking about it, planning it and writing it.

I did finish writing Chronos Breach just recently but it’s too early in the year to have too many things completed yet. 

I am reading: The Other Side of Nick Carter, Bound By Honor, Underneath Your Clothes, Fight Me, Maybe Tomorrow, Whatever the Night May Bring (which I think I started this year which is why I didn’t list it above), What Lurks Around the Corner, From This Moment, Deadline: Valentine’s Day, uh a couple others by Tri that I can’t remember the names of them.  I went from hardly reading to trying to find new stories to keep me reading. 

Well OF COURSE I am going to tell you to read Chronos Project and I’m gonna break the rule and say Unwinding Truth too.  BUT, any of the stories I’m reading, or anything by any of the authors I’m reading will be a good read.  
« Last Edit: February 09, 2012, 11:32:53 PM by Purpura Lipstick »
- Purpura -
   -Lore-

FrickingKaos

• General Pandemonium
  • writing fanfic by moonlight....
    • twitter
« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2012, 08:51:09 PM »

Great idea for a thread, its been so dead around here. I can't think of any stories to answer the questions right now though.

Alexsgirl_ritz

• Major Disruption
« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2012, 11:52:57 AM »

~Just three? I've got so many... :) well, July 2011 was the time came back to the fanfic world. I remember it was when I saw Tracy's twitter post about her update and asked her where she was posting her fanfics. When she answered AC, I was like I used to be there all the time and had one story there, so I checked the site again and got hooked to 'What to expect when you're not expecting'. And from there the addiction started. I checked a lot of Mare's stories (which she didn't know because I didn't leave a review even when I told myself I should... lol). Erika's stories - because I'm not into AU and I always try to stay away from it but she managed to make me interested enough to check them. Chronos Project - I had to read this a couple of times to understand the story because I can't easily follow the sequence because of the time travel scenes and being it written in english, but it is worth spending time. Save a prayer - I'm not into Action/adventure as well but Steph got me hooked. Her excellent writing skills made me enjoy the stories. And Curtain Call by Julie - I am a sucker for Drama/Romance. and Julie's writing style is just amazing.

~ still working on The Other Side of NC, trying to finish it before it gets feautured.

~ Hmmm there's a lot and I've decided not to bore you with a long answer. lol

Recommend a story or two you think someone might enjoy! (one can be your own) Tri's Deadline : Feb 14th, it's awesome... Chronos Project, Maybe tomorrow. If you browse Most recent page, all the stories are great, there's just a story for everyone. It sucks I don't have much time to read now compared to last year.

;)
A world without Alex is a wasted space.

FrickingKaos

• General Pandemonium
    • twitter
« Reply #7 on: February 10, 2012, 02:46:05 PM »

Three stories that have caught my attention this year.....well I have read a lot of Mare's stuff. So probably What Lurks Around The Corner from her. Remember Me This Way by Rose was another favorite of mine. And The Ghost Of You and Me by Evergreenwrite r83. I have read a lot of amazing stuff recently, its hard to pick. Lore caught my attention lately as well, her stories are good too.

I finished a few stories, mostly small ones. I haven't been writing much I'm afraid :/

I like to read action and science fiction, drama and angsty type stories...and comedy. I rarely read in the genre I write in, which is romance...but I do visit the site My Confession quite a bit.

Carter-Orange

• Chief of Disorder
« Reply #8 on: February 10, 2012, 03:03:32 PM »

How could I forget Remember Me This Way and Curtain Call!!!  Those two stories had me in tears quite a lot last year, but so worth it :)

FrickingKaos

• General Pandemonium
    • twitter
« Reply #9 on: February 10, 2012, 05:09:26 PM »

Curtain Call was so good. I've read so many good fanfics lately I can't name them all.

Forgot to mention I did finish Still The one and am currently writing Not The Other Guy, and From This Moment On. I haven't had much inspiration though lately.

Rose

• Supreme Time Waster
  • Uh oh! We lost Nick again...
    • Double Rainbow Fiction
« Reply #10 on: February 11, 2012, 06:49:51 AM »

Awwww thank you Tracy and Steph for mentioning RMTW.

I need to reply to this, but it's early and my mind's so not focusing this morning lol.
Double Rainbow Fiction - So Bright and So Vivid...

"Don't annoy the writer. They may put you in a book and kill you." —Anonymous

“I don’t believe in being serious about anything. I think life is too serious to be taken seriously.” —Ray Bradbury

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #11 on: February 11, 2012, 04:09:55 PM »

I wanted to participate in this even though admittedly, I am not really a big fanfic reader, especially during the school year. I tend to read a little more during the summer when I have more time to sit back and enjoy without feeling like I should be doing something else besides sitting at the computer reading fan fiction lol

Anyway, I shall try my best to answer these questions. :)

It's hard to think back to last year, but I think Save a Prayer by Steph, The Other Side of Nick Carter by Ritz and the one Rose has been writing about the Angel and Nick? I can't remember the name which means she hasn't updated it in forever lol

I started working on my last fanfic, Whatever the Night May Bring which I am hoping will be complete by the end of this month if I can get my butt motivated enough to finish it off! lol

The only one i'm actively keeping up with is The Other Side of Nick Carter and i'm falling behind, sadly. I would also include Rose's if she ever updated it and I gave up on Guilty Roads and History Repeating until they're complete. lol

Really, all the ones i've recommended before. I tend to read action and suspense and shy away from all else so i'd have to go with Steph's Save a Prayer and anything by Mersey. Let's not forget her, shall we? Of course the oldies are always goodies.

Ground Zero
Seven Days
etc...

As far as mine? Eh... lol people tend to like my "W" stories most. Why I'd Do it all Again, What Lurks and Whatever the Night although I would recommend Protect and Serve for Kevin people out there!

Thanks for the mentiones guys. I am always happy to know that people are reading these stories and enjoying them! I'm looking forward to reading a bit more suspense and action fics this summer!
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

Carter-Orange

• Chief of Disorder
« Reply #12 on: February 12, 2012, 06:09:48 AM »

Thanks for the Save A Prayer mentions :)

Rose

• Supreme Time Waster
  • Uh oh! We lost Nick again...
    • Double Rainbow Fiction
« Reply #13 on: February 12, 2012, 09:41:14 AM »

Awww thanks Mare! I swear I'm gonna update Divine Intervention soon, it just took a bit for my writing mojo to return and I gotta churn out an Undead chapter first. (Once I'm home later today anyway lol. I'm still at Julie's right now :P)
Double Rainbow Fiction - So Bright and So Vivid...

"Don't annoy the writer. They may put you in a book and kill you." —Anonymous

“I don’t believe in being serious about anything. I think life is too serious to be taken seriously.” —Ray Bradbury

Alexsgirl_ritz

• Major Disruption
« Reply #14 on: February 12, 2012, 02:16:15 PM »

Awww Mare, Thank you very much!  ;) Honestly, you are one of the inspiration why the other side of NC is still rolling....  ;D

and just a question what do you mean by 'last fanfic'? You didn't mean you wouldn't write fanfics anymore, did you?  :(
A world without Alex is a wasted space.
Pages: [1] 2