Welcome > Introductions

Well, hey there.

(1/4) > >>

Ellebeth:
I've now posted two completed stories on AC, but I've never used the forums, so does this still count as an opportunity to introduce myself?

There isn't much to tell. I live in Missouri, I have a master's degree & work in marketing, I'm just shy of 30. I came back to fanfic in 2009, then in earnest this summer, with "The Boys on the Bus." I was reeeeeeeally into fanfiction in about 1999, running a site called KTBSPA Fiction & writing a couple of perfectly awful stories that I was pretty proud of at the time. (Of course, I also wrote Daria fanfiction then, and it was also pretty bad, so...) Though my love affair with fanfiction has been an on-again, off-again sort of thing, I've been a BSB fan pretty consistently since about 1998 (which may be saying a lot because I'm told I listen to a lot of hipster music).

I also love Doctor Who! And tomatoes.

mare:
Welcome to the forum Ellebeth! I love tomatoes and am just getting into Dr. Who. I'm on the third season of the latest BBC one. Not liking it as much as the first two seasons but I'm trying to get used to Martha lol

Dreamalittlebigger:
Welcome Ellebeth! I absolutely love love LOVE the Boys on the Bus and so glad you're on the forums!
Tomatoes are the best, especially in salads, and my fave Doctor is 10. :)

Can't wait to read more of your other stories (and I'm sure your old fanfic is fantastic and not as awful as you say they are :) )

RokofAges75:
Welcome, Ellebeth!  I hate tomatoes and have never watched Doctor Who, but I did like Daria back in the day!  I've also been into fanfic since 1999 and a fan since 98.  It's always nice to see people come back to the fandom after a break!

Ellebeth:
Mare, it's so hard to get used to Martha after Rose, especially given the end Rose meets. But I love 10. I harbor an equally strong love for 11, though, mostly because I started watching the show with him.

dreamalittlebi gger, I posted something on the challenge board that should tell you how justifiably low my opinion of my old fanfic is. :)

RokofAges, I have a fanfic writer in her 40s to thank for getting me back into it, and she has no idea because she wrote her one & only story 10 years before I got back into fanfic. I don't remember how I found it, but it was the most awesome study break (I was in grad school at the time), and it totally inspired me to get going again -- which was nice, because I hadn't done any creative writing period in over a year. Fanfiction is still most of what I do, but I'm not complaining!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version