Absolute Chaos Discussion Boards

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Remember, site banner rules apply here too!

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: FS for September: Run by emily_ michele  (Read 7678 times)

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
Re: FS for September: Run by emily_ michele
« Reply #15 on: September 07, 2013, 07:36:33 AM »

I don't really want to say anything because I'm afraid I'll spoil it for people, but I'm curious to see what you're thinking lol
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

emilo

• Captain of Commotion
« Reply #16 on: September 07, 2013, 08:20:34 AM »

Well I'm glad you're curious. Another little twist in the next chapter.

kevmylove

• Minion of Mayhem
« Reply #17 on: September 08, 2013, 01:02:36 AM »

Congrats Emily! I will read as soon as I have some free time!
I loved "Falling In Love Again"

emilo

• Captain of Commotion
« Reply #18 on: September 08, 2013, 09:26:50 AM »

Thanks, Erika! I'm interested to know what you think of this one!

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #19 on: September 15, 2013, 09:32:26 AM »

So, how are you enjoying writing suspense? How different is it from writing romance? Are you finding it easier or more difficult?

Are there any other genres you want to tackle?
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

emilo

• Captain of Commotion
« Reply #20 on: September 16, 2013, 07:35:09 AM »

Honestly, I'm having a hard time with it!  I know the plot, and I think it's good, but I'm having a hard time with transitioning from point A to point B, if that makes sense?  I feel like maybe it's not "suspenseful" enough, yet?  Romance definitely seemed easier, and "Falling in Love Again" is kind of "my baby," so I'm worried this one isn't going to live up to that one.  Of course, it was a Nick romance, so I'm already expecting that the response to that one will be bigger than this one.  I'd like to try other genres, though, if nothing else than to just stretch my writing chops a little.  I'm still feeling a little rusty.

emilo

• Captain of Commotion
« Reply #21 on: September 19, 2013, 05:29:09 PM »

I just posted chapter 15.  I've been sitting on this particular chapter for a while, writing then re-working it.  Something about it just didn't feel quite "right."  It was an attempt at some more "bromance," which I was excited to write, then kept feeling like I was coming up short.  I think maybe I've finally gotten what I was attempting to do, so I'm interested in your feedback.  Switching gears a bit in chapter 16, coming up in a few days.

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #22 on: September 19, 2013, 08:10:22 PM »

I'm sorry I've fallen behind. I've been leaving my house for school before 7 am and getting home at 9 at night. By the time I get here all I want to do is shut my brain off and watch TV. I'm going to read on Saturday morning, then I'll let you know my thoughts at least. lol

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #23 on: September 21, 2013, 05:40:43 AM »

I finally caught up, yay! I think you did a great job with the bromance in the last chapter. I loved the tender Kevin and Nick moment and that he confided in Kevin because Brian had his head up Leighanne's Ass. Maybe one day he'll take that thing out of there! LOL in the meantime, I do have some more questions for you:

If you could do this all over again, would you have still chosen to make this a sequel or do you wish you had just created brand new characters to draw from?

In your head did you always know you were going to create Frank or did he just pop up while you were writing this?

Now that Frank has taken his revenge and it seems like he has achieved his goal, is this story going to still go suspense or are you now going to focus on the after affects of what happened?

You had him staying in Pennsylvania, is he coming to kill me next?  ??? LOL

« Last Edit: September 21, 2013, 05:44:12 AM by mare »

emilo

• Captain of Commotion
« Reply #24 on: September 22, 2013, 07:21:42 PM »

Mare, you ask hard questions!  I'm going to do my best here... :)

If you could do this all over again, would you have still chosen to make this a sequel or do you wish you had just created brand new characters to draw from?

-For this particular story, I still think I'd write it as a sequel because there are aspects (both things you've read and things you haven't) that really incorporate a lot of the backstory from the last one.  The idea came to me as an Annie and Nick story, and if I'd made new characters, it wouldn't have been the story I was aiming to write.

In your head did you always know you were going to create Frank or did he just pop up while you were writing this?

-Honestly, Frank is a subplot.  Without giving too much away,  he's relevant, but he's not the whole story.  He's a character I came up with while trying to bridge some of gaps I was finding in my original plotline.

Now that Frank has taken his revenge and it seems like he has achieved his goal, is this story going to still go suspense or are you now going to focus on the after affects of what happened?

-We're still going suspense.  The story definitely isn't over.

You had him staying in Pennsylvania, is he coming to kill me next?  Huh? LOL ...
-Maybe I'll plead the fifth on that one? LOL

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #25 on: September 24, 2013, 08:07:56 PM »

So, what scenes have you enjoyed writing the most in this one?

Have your reader's enjoyed the transformation to suspense for the sequel? did many of your readers from the first story hop on board for the second one?

emilo

• Captain of Commotion
« Reply #26 on: September 26, 2013, 07:07:34 PM »

So, what scenes have you enjoyed writing the most in this one?

Have your reader's enjoyed the transformation to suspense for the sequel? did many of your readers from the first story hop on board for the second one?
My favorite scenes to write have been the one with Nick and Howie when Nick finds out about Annie's parents, and the chapter after, when Nick meets Annie at the police station, and-- the proposal.  I'm still a romance fan :)

The majority of my readers have actually stayed on board for the sequel.  I did lose few and pick up a couple, so it sort of evens out, I guess.  I feel like most have enjoyed the transition, but I do think I might be losing some who were expecting a different kind of story. 

I am glad I decided to go this route with the sequel.  I think a typical continuation of the original story would be one of those unsuccessful sequels that made me think "Why did I write that?"  Maybe I have some readers thinking that about this one, but I'm excited to write something in a different genre, and I'm still excited about this one and where it's going-- just having a hard time finding the time to sit down and write it!  Hopefully, I can get another chapter out before September is over while it's still the featured story.  I was hoping to get more accomplished with it this month, but I ended up being a lot busier than I anticipated!

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #27 on: September 27, 2013, 09:59:04 PM »

I love your Howie and Nick scenes. I generally enjoy your version of Howie, period.

Real life getting in the way of fanfic writing does suck, doesn't it?

Are you working on any other stories? Anything new in the works?

emilo

• Captain of Commotion
« Reply #28 on: September 28, 2013, 07:52:53 AM »

I can't write anything new!  I have three that are unfinished!  That being said, yeah, something new will probably pop up right when I don't need it to-- sort of like this one did.  I am not writing on anything other than this one at the moment, because I want to try to keep the momentum going for Run, but I am definitely thinking about "Forever" and "Sisterhood of the Ugly Red Sweatpants," and have plans for those as well.
Pages: 1 [2]