Fic Talk > Featured Story of the Month

FS for September: Run by emily_ michele

<< < (6/6)

mare:
So, what scenes have you enjoyed writing the most in this one?

Have your reader's enjoyed the transformation to suspense for the sequel? did many of your readers from the first story hop on board for the second one?

emilo:

--- Quote from: mare on September 24, 2013, 08:07:56 PM ---So, what scenes have you enjoyed writing the most in this one?

Have your reader's enjoyed the transformation to suspense for the sequel? did many of your readers from the first story hop on board for the second one?

--- End quote ---
My favorite scenes to write have been the one with Nick and Howie when Nick finds out about Annie's parents, and the chapter after, when Nick meets Annie at the police station, and-- the proposal.  I'm still a romance fan :)

The majority of my readers have actually stayed on board for the sequel.  I did lose few and pick up a couple, so it sort of evens out, I guess.  I feel like most have enjoyed the transition, but I do think I might be losing some who were expecting a different kind of story. 

I am glad I decided to go this route with the sequel.  I think a typical continuation of the original story would be one of those unsuccessful sequels that made me think "Why did I write that?"  Maybe I have some readers thinking that about this one, but I'm excited to write something in a different genre, and I'm still excited about this one and where it's going-- just having a hard time finding the time to sit down and write it!  Hopefully, I can get another chapter out before September is over while it's still the featured story.  I was hoping to get more accomplished with it this month, but I ended up being a lot busier than I anticipated!

mare:
I love your Howie and Nick scenes. I generally enjoy your version of Howie, period.

Real life getting in the way of fanfic writing does suck, doesn't it?

Are you working on any other stories? Anything new in the works?

emilo:
I can't write anything new!  I have three that are unfinished!  That being said, yeah, something new will probably pop up right when I don't need it to-- sort of like this one did.  I am not writing on anything other than this one at the moment, because I want to try to keep the momentum going for Run, but I am definitely thinking about "Forever" and "Sisterhood of the Ugly Red Sweatpants," and have plans for those as well.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version