Fic Talk > Featured Story of the Month

FS for November Story # 94: Forever Like This by Sakabelle

<< < (2/4) > >>

Sakabelle:
Thanks Julie! Yeah, it's so weird in that fandom. Obviously there are the teenies, but I think they mostly hang out on 1DFF and write boy/girl romance fic. The majority of slash fans and posters on AO3 seem to be in their early twenties. It skewed my perception of their fanbase to the point that I was surprised to see so many young kids at their shows. Apparently I just know how to avoid them on the internet lol

julilly:
I admit that I first read this story because of who it was written by more than what it was about, but I put my preconceived ideas aside and genuinely enjoyed it. That being said, this story was (correct me if I'm wrong) the first One Direction fic ever posted on AC. The category didn't even exist then. At any point did you worry what posting this particular story might do for your reputation as a Backstreet writer? (LOL because we have reputations to uphold. Obvs.)

Rose:
Yay Steph! I enjoyed reading about the differences in writing in each fandom since they're both boyband fandoms. I'm so used to BSB canon that it's odd to think about LOL.

Sakabelle:
I think it was the first 1D fic to be posted on AC! Woohoo! lol

I was sort of nervous to post it given that I'd just started to gain a following on AC as a BSB writer with more of a catalog than just Nick romances. So to post up this story that has a large romance element to it and to have a major part of that story be a link to a fandom that has very little interest over here was kind of nerve-wracking. I thought that people would think it was a joke and stop taking me seriously. But people seemed to like it a lot, and I think it actually ended up being my most reviewed story on the site. So yay!

And thanks Rose. I'm glad you enjoyed reading the differences. It was interesting for me to actually sit down and write them out. I've thought about them before but never really documented any of them.

mare:
I'm always interested to know what it is about a group that suddenly makes someone say "Ok I think I am going to love them now" when was that moment for you concerning 1D?

I say this to my students all the time. This is why I love music so much because we could all be listening and seeing the same exact thing at the same exact time but yet one person's entire life can change in that one moment based on something they saw or heard. I love hearing from the kids what that is. There answers are usually comical. Lol I'd love to hear an adult's perspective.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version