Absolute Chaos Discussion Boards

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Remember, site banner rules apply here too!

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7

Author Topic: Does anyone ever get the feeling that their stories hate them? lol  (Read 17761 times)

nicksgal

• Supreme Time Waster
  • Fool, said my Muse, look in thy heart and write
    • Could You Do Me Right?

For some reason I feel anti-finishing feelings toward PBox. lol I get an itty-bit inspired and say that I'm going to write... Then I atare at a blank document in word for like twelve minutes. Why? :(

Has this happened to anyone else before? lol
~*Dee*~

People think it would be fun to be a bird because you could fly. But they forget the negative side, which is the preening.

From "And Now, Deep Thoughts" by Jack Handey

MonkeyAbu

Re: Does anyone ever get the feeling that their stories hate them? lol
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2008, 04:26:13 PM »

Finally someone started a topic that I couldn't decide on how to start.

I've been feeling this way often, though I refuse to just give up and not finish. I figure since I have gotten this far then I can make it towards the end. It make take a few struggles, but I will eventually get there if I stick to it.

One of my biggest problems lately is uncooperative characters. They are being stubborn and frankly they just will not do what I tell them to. For example, I planned out a scene for Chapter 20 of ITNC, but when I started writing it, it would not go the way I wanted it to and now I find myself not knowing exactly what direction the scene is going and supposed to go. And worse yet? The characters are refusing to tell me.

Heh, so yeah, on a more mentally sane note, I understand completely what you are talking about. I think we all do?

nicksgal

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Could You Do Me Right?
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2008, 04:45:49 PM »

Well.... I'm sure most of my characters hate me by now as well. lmao

I have all of three chapters left to write--that's why it's annoying. lmao I know exactly what said three chapters are each supposed to be about too.... It just hates me. lmao

Oh, Nick did that to me a long time ago. I'm happy that he did, since the story ended up better for it. :) I'd say just go with it; youe characters probably have a good feeling of their world. :)
~*Dee*~

People think it would be fun to be a bird because you could fly. But they forget the negative side, which is the preening.

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2008, 04:54:34 PM »

I feel the same way about my final two stories. It's so bad I can't even get myself to open up word. I know I don't want to leave everyone hanging by not finishing but I honestly have no desire to finish either story at all. I am going to try my hardest to get Thirteenth Step done though because i'm so close to being finished. Because I haven't written in a while I feel like I have lost that connection I have had with my characters and that's sad.
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

nicksgal

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Could You Do Me Right?
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2008, 06:16:08 PM »

I think it may be almost worse for you, Mare, than me. I think I'm only sad because this has been my baby for almost two and a half years. And it seems almost unreal to let go of one story that will be the first I've finished in a long time... If I get my motivation back up.... There's at least two others focusing on these characters for me, so... it's not so bad...

But final is a big word.... It makes it seem that much more sad... Even I feel sad for that end. And it has very little to do with me...
~*Dee*~

MonkeyAbu

« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2008, 08:11:06 PM »

Letting go is never easy...

nicksgal

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Could You Do Me Right?
« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2008, 08:20:25 PM »

That's a fact. lol
~*Dee*~

MonkeyAbu

« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2008, 08:24:14 PM »

Nobody likes change either. Especially the characters.

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #8 on: February 16, 2008, 08:28:39 PM »

aww yes, final is a big word. Maybe that's it, maybe my characters don't like change and know this is it so they are holding me hostage lol
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

MonkeyAbu

« Reply #9 on: February 16, 2008, 08:31:13 PM »

Tell them the word "final" isn't so scary, it's ok to go towards the big bright light at the end of the tunnel, and maybe they will release you?

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #10 on: February 16, 2008, 08:34:55 PM »

yes, I shall try that lol

nicksgal

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Could You Do Me Right?
« Reply #11 on: February 16, 2008, 08:59:20 PM »

ROFL! Aw, poor Mare's characters. :(
~*Dee*~

honey

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Being Jamie Baker Website
« Reply #12 on: February 16, 2008, 10:57:33 PM »

Ummmm... I know The Day I Fall hates me. lol, actually, pretty much all of my Nick stories have or do hate me.  Ok, maybe it's just Nick that hates me and not the stories.
If Ryan looked at me the wrong way, I lost it. If Ryan looked at me the right way, I lost it. And whenever he tried to kiss me, something usually blew up. Someone ought to teach him a little control.

nicksgal

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Could You Do Me Right?
« Reply #13 on: February 16, 2008, 11:34:42 PM »

It seems like Nick is a bit difficult for everyone. lmao
~*Dee*~

MonkeyAbu

« Reply #14 on: February 17, 2008, 02:08:21 AM »

I found that Nick was pretty easy to work with when I wrote him 1st POV in "Could Be Worse". Actually, he was a big hoot!
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7