Fic Talk > Brainstorms

thoughts and ramblings about your ideas etc...

(1/11) > >>

mare:
Just thought i'd start a thread for anyone who has ideas for a story and wants to run them by people on the board or are in the middle of a story and need support, inspiration or just to vent.

I have no ideas or anything to contribute here at the moment so i'm stepping away...slowly just for dramatic effect. Or is it affect? I always get those two confused! lmao  >:(

RokofAges75:
Effect is right. :)   Effect is the noun, like a special effect (or dramatic effect.)  Anything that has "an effect" on you.  Affect is a verb, like something "affects" you.

Good idea for a thread!  I'm not big on posting my ideas before I write them cause I don't wanna ruin the story, but I will say that I got a new story idea on Sunday that I couldn't get out of my head, started writing it on Monday, and have been happily working away at it ever since.

I'm on Chapter 4 already, but I'm unsure about putting it up anywhere because:
1) I JUST started Guilty Roads, and I have two collabs and another story of my own in the works too (not to mention all the stuff I have on hiatus), so I don't wanna spread myself too thin and not be able to keep everything updated.
2) The idea, even though I like it, seems so similar to another story I've already written, that I'm thinking people are going to read far enough to figure out what it's about and go, "Really?  Again?"

So for now I'm just writing it for my own entertainment, to get it out of my system and see how far I can go on it before my inspiration runs dry.  We'll see!

Rose:
Like Julie, I got inspired again recently. But I have the same problem. Two collabs, a new story going strong. I do have the problem of spreading myself thin. I vowed not to do it anymore. Which has been working. I've been steady with Undead/RMTW chapters with no true delay problems. I even have a new RMTW chapter started.

Now I haven't let myself start it yet, but I keep getting ideas for it that I end up sticking into my "outline" (if we can call it that LOL...more like word doc full of random ideas for one new story). I feel like the moment I let myself start writing it I won't be able to help myself LOL.

Purpura Lipstick:
I've had a couple of story ideas lately but the next day when I think about writing, I get disappointed in my ideas.  I don't know what's going on but my muse better get out of hiding!!!

RokofAges75:
That happens to me sometimes too, Lore.  My muse has been really ADD this summer about getting a new idea or suddenly getting really inspired for an old idea I've had sitting around forever, and I'll start writing something or go crazy planning for it and then lose inspiration on it two days later.  I don't know what to tell you... maybe you just haven't latched onto the right idea yet, or maybe you just need to really focus and try to iron out whatever kinks in the idea that are disappointing you.  I hope you can get your muse to come out and play!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version