Absolute Chaos Discussion Boards

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Spammers will be banned. Repeat spammers will be fed to angry penguins.

Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: FS for May 2012: Remember Me This Way  (Read 8225 times)

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
FS for May 2012: Remember Me This Way
« on: May 01, 2012, 06:35:14 AM »

Hello and happy May!

This month we are featuring Remember Me This Way by Rose. For those of you that haven't read it yet, it's a tearjerker so have those tissues ready!

If you would like to read along this month let's start with chapters 1 - 10.

Here's the link to the story: http://absolutechaos.net/viewstory.php?sid=10108

Please post your comments and questions right here & I'm sure Rose will be happy to answer them for you.

Happy reading!! :)
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

Carter-Orange

• Chief of Disorder
Re: FS for May 2012: Remember Me This Way
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2012, 11:10:36 AM »

Absolutely love this story Rose, as you already know.

What inspired you to write this topic?
Do you need to do a lot of research?

Rose

• Supreme Time Waster
  • Uh oh! We lost Nick again...
    • Double Rainbow Fiction
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2012, 12:33:23 PM »

Thanks Steph!

It came to me in a statistics course I had to takea couple of semesters ago. I'm majoring in Psychology as most people know lol, and I was kinda spacing in class. And literally it was... "hmm, what if this happened to Nick?" and it spiraled from there.

OMG I still have so many links om the topic. I have case studies from textbooks (that came in handy haha), videos from youtube linked, a documentary I found on I think HBO's website, all sorts of stuff saved. I definitely looked up a lot of information so that way I could have this come off as accurately as possible.
Double Rainbow Fiction - So Bright and So Vivid...

"Don't annoy the writer. They may put you in a book and kill you." —Anonymous

“I don’t believe in being serious about anything. I think life is too serious to be taken seriously.” —Ray Bradbury

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2012, 05:31:29 PM »

Yay Rose!  I love this story!  All the angst of a medical drama, but something we haven't seen done to Nick in fanfic before.

I'll come back when I think of a question to ask! LOL
~Julie

"Sometimes writers and sociopaths are hard to tell apart." -J.K. Rowling

Rose

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Double Rainbow Fiction
« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2012, 07:27:47 PM »

Thanks ZDR! LOL I have to say, you helped a lot when I wasn't sure about something. :)

“I don’t believe in being serious about anything. I think life is too serious to be taken seriously.” —Ray Bradbury

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2012, 10:11:04 PM »

Glad to help!  You know I love me some angst! :)
~Julie

"Sometimes writers and sociopaths are hard to tell apart." -J.K. Rowling

Alexsgirl_ritz

• Major Disruption
« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2012, 04:09:26 AM »

I love this story! this made me cry.... Im just not sure though if I left any reviews. If I didn't I will when I have time.  :)
A world without Alex is a wasted space.

FrickingKaos

• General Pandemonium
  • writing fanfic by moonlight....
    • twitter
« Reply #7 on: May 02, 2012, 08:47:56 AM »

As I told Rose several times in reviews, this story reminded me of what I had gone through with my grandmother years ago who had Alzheimer's Disease. It wasn't like how Nick had it, but still was difficult for me and my family to see her deteriorate mentally. It is a very difficult process to see a loved one slowly forgetting everything, including you. In a way this story gave me closure and helped me cope. It also made me cry several times. Thank you for writing this story, Rose. It really touched me in a positive way.

Rose

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Double Rainbow Fiction
« Reply #8 on: May 02, 2012, 12:44:43 PM »

Thanks Ritz! I didn't know you read this lol.

And aww thank you Tracy. It's weird, how the disease affects people in different ways. I'm so touched the story affected you in that way. :)

rebellious_one

• Commander of Confusion
  • I have no idea what I'm getting myself into
« Reply #9 on: May 03, 2012, 05:22:54 AM »

AHHHH, IT'S THE STORY THAT MADE ME CRY!!!!  :'(

Where is that bitch?!  >:( *wanders off, searching for Rose, still angry at her for making me go through a freaking box of Kleenex.*
"Stories are often the lives we wish we could live."
~Me

Rose

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Double Rainbow Fiction
« Reply #10 on: May 03, 2012, 05:36:11 AM »

LMFAO thanks Reb!

My favorite thing to hear about this story is when people tell me it made them cry. I was going for tears but when I see that with some I got them, it's probably the biggest compliment ever. Especially since this was my first major tearjerker story.

FrickingKaos

• General Pandemonium
  • writing fanfic by moonlight....
    • twitter
« Reply #11 on: May 03, 2012, 05:43:52 AM »

Lots of things made me bawl honestly. The ending had me in a puddle lol

Rose

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Double Rainbow Fiction
« Reply #12 on: May 03, 2012, 05:48:57 AM »

LOL awwww.

The ending I knew from the prologue. Like almost line for line. It's weird, I almost never know the ending that well, just a general idea. But with this one, I knew exactly how I wanted to write the epilogue. If it helps, I teared up as I wrote certain points of the story LOL.

rebellious_one

• Commander of Confusion
  • I have no idea what I'm getting myself into
« Reply #13 on: May 03, 2012, 02:17:20 PM »

As I've told you before, it felt sooo damn real, like I wanted to tweet Nick and be like, "Are you okay bro?" Lol.

Okay, my question... not sure if it was asked yet, cause I'm on my phone, lol, but you could've easily struck any of the members with this sad and unfortunate ailment. Out of all of them, Kevin probably would have been the easiest, given you could have ran with his age, but I felt there was a deeper reason why you chose Nick, besides it being really rare for someone his age to be struck with this ailment. So, why Nick? Who else would you have wrote this storyline for if you didn't choose Nick?
"Stories are often the lives we wish we could live."
~Me

Rose

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Double Rainbow Fiction
« Reply #14 on: May 03, 2012, 03:23:27 PM »

Part of the reason I went with Nick was because of how he is right now. He's so happy, so vibrant and so full of life, I felt the tragedy would've been bigger, to cut it down. I liked the idea of using Nick to really take away things he's never done yet (marriage, kids). Not to mention as the youngest, it tapped into the "older brother" feelings of the others. This time they couldn't protect him, this time they couldn't fix it. He had to stand alone while the others supported him and watched.

If it had to be someone other than Nick, I probably would've used Kevin. So that I could take away the one who'd always been there for them. But it was too easy a choice, given his age. I wouldn't have used AJ, it just didn't fit, same with Howie. There's Brian I guess, but with his faith so steadfast I feel like the difficulty wouldn't have been as high.

The other thing is, though this is very much centered on Nick's relationships as everyone, I did use this to focus in on the Frick and Frack relationship. Brian's at the center of all of it. I test that friendship to the end. I've always been such a Nick/Brian girl and so putting that through the ringer was another reason I wanted it specifically to be Nick.

Pages: [1] 2 3