Fic Talk > I Challenge You....

Let the 2014 Summer Reading Challenge Begin!

(1/45) > >>

mare:
Welcome to the 2014 reading challenge!

Below you will find your name and the stories you picked (complete with links) as well as things you will be asked to fill out along the way.

Just a few reminders:

- Remember to leave feedback on every chapter
- Do not be afraid to ask the authors anything about their stories
- Do not be afraid to leave constructive criticism if you think it will be helpful to the author.
- Remember to respond to your reviews
-Pace yourselves. You have the entire summer to read. Come up with some kind of plan to get your two stories done by the end of August without reading them all in one sitting or waiting until the last minute.
- DO NOT WAIT UNTIL THE LAST MINUTE!!
- DO NOT QUIT THIS CHALLENGE! or I should say  I WILL NOT LET YOU QUIT THIS CHALLENGE! I will bug you relentlessly and make you feel horrible for abandoning people who are taking the time to read YOUR stories. If I have to do it on Twitter, Facebook any public forums I will! Those of you who really know me, know I will do this! lol
- Come in here and talk about the stories you are reading or the experience you are having with this challenge. Even if you want to talk about any other stories you might be reading in addition to the challenge one.
- Feel free to read ANY of the stories that were offered up. Even if it's not your challenge story. If you find you have the time to check out another story, please do.
- Check this forum at least once a week!
and most importantly... .
- Get to know each other!!

And that's about it!! :)

-------------------------------
As of 8/30

Carterkid
Challenge Complete Hooray!!!
 :wave:

DelphinaCarter

Mare

Rose
Challenge Completed Hooray!!!

emily_michele

Julilly

Carter

Carter-Orange

Kyrie
Challenge Completed Hooray!!  

KeepThisSecret  

freedomwriter
EPIC TOTAL FAIL - BOO!
 :shrug:

Ritz

*Ritz for the short stories - you don't have to fill out a survey for every single one. You can treat them all kind of like chapters in a big story so when you are at the halfway point of reading the stories you can fill out the half way there survey. I might actually have to make a different survey to go better with short stories lol we learn as we go!  :o

*--* = started reading the story

mare:
Just in case anyone is binge reading and gets here quickly lol

Halfway there survey (Only to be completed once you have gotten at least halfway through your story)

Name of story:

1) Are you finding it easy to follow plot wise?

2) So far who is your favorite character and why?

3) Are you getting a sense of how it will end and if so, any guesses? (Sometimes authors get a kick out of seeing what a reader thinks will happen and how predictable they may or may not be)

4) Do you feel like the summary the author gave accurately describes the story you are reading? Would there be anything you would include or omit?

5) Has there been any big surprises/plot twists or just overall observations?

These are the harder questions, but don't be afraid to answer them. Remember we all signed on to this knowing and expecting to get and give constructive criticism.

6) If this wasn't a challenge story and you didn't have to continue reading, would you have stopped already? If so please explain why.

7) Has there been any glaring errors that have stuck out? (I'm not talking about the occasional missed period, typo or spelling/grammar errors but huge mistakes that need to be pointed out that the author might not be aware of)

8) Do you have any questions for the author in regard to the storyline, characters or plot?

mare:
Well it's officially June 1st for me! (Happy 30th Birthday, Julilly!)

Now the fun begins!! (I'm such a dork!) lol

Every week I'll come in with a new question for you to answer.

Here's the first one: What's going to be your approach to reading? Are you going to read both of your stories simultaneously, or first one then the other?

Carter:
I will be reading one before the other....my ADHD wont be able to keep up with both and I am worried I will start getting the two mixed up lol...and I am going to be doing a lot of reading on a plane to Washington (from St. Louis Mo...LONGGGGG flight with two kids!!) so it will keep me kinda busy as well lol.

mare:
I am going to read both stories simultaneously but also one at a time. lol I'll give five chapters to one then switch etc... that's what I did last year and it worked for me so I'm doing it again this year. 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version