Fic Talk > Writer's Circle

WTF, Google Docs?

<< < (2/12) > >>

nicksgal:
I used five. We're obviously comma champions, but too many of them look silly together.

Ooh, icen. I love that. I almost tried to make a word up in the chapter I posted last week, because I still hated how my sentence structure changed for that one sentence compared to the others, then I swapped words around and it was much better. I think I did that mainly because "benevolenters" just didn't sound very good, lol.

RokofAges75:

--- Quote from: nicksgal on May 22, 2021, 04:46:03 PM ---I used five. We're obviously comma champions, but too many of them look silly together.

Ooh, icen. I love that. I almost tried to make a word up in the chapter I posted last week, because I still hated how my sentence structure changed for that one sentence compared to the others, then I swapped words around and it was much better. I think I did that mainly because "benevolenters" just didn't sound very good, lol.

--- End quote ---

"Benevolenters" is a mouthful! LOL  It took me a couple of tries just to be able to say that one out loud.

nicksgal:
I said it didn't sound very good! lol! Though I appreciate you saying my made up word out loud to test it.

RokofAges75:
I wrote that Nick "felt around" for his phone after waking up in a dark hotel room, and Google suggested I changed "felt" to "looked."  No, Google... if you were actually reading my writing closely, you would have read that it's dark.  He can't see well enough to look for it; he hasn't turned on the light yet!

nicksgal:
LMAO! You'd think with the amount of surveillance Google does, it would be perfectly equipped to analyze long portions of writing together.

My only weird one is similar. I have this line: “You would believe that he means demons and not demon.” Which is all well and good, except Google wants me to change "demon" to "demons" and... how does that make any sense? "He means demons and not demons"? Oh Google...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version