- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

Thanks for all your wonderful reviews! Keep 'em coming! :)

 

March 04, 2002 Tampa, Florida

If there was a singular thing that had afflicted Nick his entire life it was his ability to be distracted. No matter how serious things got it was easy to run him off topic and get his attention focused elsewhere. His parents had used his short attention span to make him do things in the past, and shortly after puberty he’d found that his own body often betrayed him, using sexual arousal as a distraction. Often times it was Tina that used that to her advantage, especially during fights, but every now and then it was Nick’s subconscious that used it as a tool to avoid what he should really be putting his attention on.

The whole time he’d been upstairs getting Zoey dressed, feeding her the last bit of formula for the day, and getting her into bed he couldn’t take his mind off the bottle of pills in his pocket. He went over in his head all the different ways he could approach the situation. After all, he didn’t even know for certain that the bottle belonged to Tina. There were people in and out of their house all the time. He needed to ask the question though because he didn’t know if the contents were dangerous or not.

While plotting out variations of speeches he’d also speculated about the pills. His mind running rampant he’d convinced himself that the real reason that Tina didn’t want to breast feed was because she didn’t want to pass anything on to Zoey, not because of the inconvenience of it all. His logical side told him that wasn’t possible because she would have had to be doing drugs while she was pregnant and clearly that wasn’t the case, but he knew there had to be something more to these pills. He thought perhaps it explained why she was always so irrational, and quick to judge him, and why she was always starting fights and blaming it on him. Again, his logical side came back and reminded him about his temper, and his own ability to be irrational.

By the time he got downstairs, grabbed a soda from the fridge, set up the baby monitor on the table, and got comfortable on the couch though, he was officially distracted. The movie on the television was something he had wanted to see for a while. He’d wanted to see it enough that it had prompted them to put the kids to bed early so he could watch it. The visual stimulus was enough to take his mind off the bottle for a little while.

The movie had turned out to be not as good as Nick wanted it to be. It was a thriller about a group of people staying at a hotel getting murdered one by one. He thought the premise sounded good, like his kind of movie, but the plot twist sucked. As a result the movie had turned into a heated make out session on the couch, another distraction to add to the list.

Making out was something Nick was really good at, and he enjoyed just laying on the couch or in bed kissing. He wasn’t going to be pretentious and claim that it didn’t need to lead to anything because that was just not the case; he wanted it to lead to something. Making out was a precursor to sex, he just happened to be one of the rare men who enjoyed foreplay. He liked his kisses wet, and sloppy, with lots of tongue and he had gotten lucky with Tina since she never complained.

They were stretched along the length of the black leather couch with her underneath him. Her foot was dragging the leg of his jeans up the back of his calf while her hands had pushed the waistband down over his ass. He had the tank top she wore to bed pushed up enough to give him access to her breasts and as soon as he felt himself instinctively thrusting against the inside of her bare thigh he knew it was time to move things to the bedroom.

“Baby...” he breathed against the side of her neck, “We should go upstairs.”

“Here,” was all Tina said in response, pushing against him to roll them over on the couch. His head was now resting against the arm and she was straddling him, leaning forward to keep the contact with his lips.

Nick’s hands went to her hips and he pulled her firmly against him so she could feel his erection.

“Ow!” she suddenly exclaimed, lifting up onto her knees for a second, “What is that?”

“Baby I know I’m a bit bigger than average,” Nick boasted, “But seriously you don’t need to act like my dick is so big it hurt you through my pants.”

She blinked a few times, shaking her head at him, “You’re ridiculous, and that’s not what I meant. What’s in your pocket? There’s something poking me.”

Suddenly he realized how distracted he’d been all night. The pill bottle was still in his pocket, and was now digging into the inside of Tina’s thigh just below the tiny shorts she was wearing.

“That’s all me,” he deflected, leaning up to kiss her again but she pulled away.

“You keep your dick in your pocket now?” she questioned, pushing against his shoulder, “Seriously what’s in your pocket. Why are you being so secretive?”

His brain didn’t want him to have the conversation just then; his brain wanted him to have physical stimulation, so he tried to avoid the truth, “It’s my wallet.”

“Nick, you’re lying,” Tina accused, moving off of his lap, “Show me what’s in your pocket.”

“Baby,” Nick whined reaching out for her now that he was lying alone on the couch, “Forget about my pocket and get back over here. It doesn’t matter.”

“You’re probably right. It was silly of me, I’m sorry,” she smiled and moved back onto the couch again, leaning down to kiss him, pressing her lips against his passionately.

“No worries,” he mumbled as she grabbed the hem of the tank top he was wearing and slid it up his chest, only breaking their connection long enough to pull it over his head.

He let himself get distracted again as her nails skimmed over his stomach and he moaned as she continued to move lower. She unbuttoned his jeans, pressing firmly against his erection as she peeled the pants down his legs.

Nick’s head was tipped back and he lifted his hips to help her get his pants off. His chest was heaving as he waited for her to return but he soon realized that Tina had been by his feet for an awfully long time. He sat up slightly, seeing that she was holding his jeans in her hands, ready to reach into his pocket.

“Hey!” he exclaimed, reaching out and pulling the pants from her grasp, “What was that? Did you just trick me so you could get my pants? Seriously?”

Tina shrugged, biting her lip slightly as she tried to look innocent, “I knew it would work. Now show me what’s in your pocket.”

“You think I’m going to show you anything, now? Not likely!” he jumped up from the couch dressed in only a pair of black boxer briefs and socks, holding his jeans to his chest tightly. It had gone beyond just wanting to get laid; now he didn’t want to talk to her about the pills because she was playing downright dirty.

“Show me,” she stressed and Nick recognized the expression on her face as being playful, and not angry.

“Fine,” he let out an overdramatic sigh and extended the pants out to her only to pull them away as soon as they were within her reach, “If you can catch me first!”

Nick took off into a sprint out of the living room and Tina gasped, “Jerk!” she exclaimed, jumping up off the couch to follow in the pursuit.

They played a game of cat and mouse around the house, but Nick had managed to evade her for the most part. He was breathing heavily as he made his way as quietly as he could down the hallway towards the kitchen. He had taken a quick second to dump the pill bottle in the guest bathroom and replaced it with a bottle of over the counter allergy pills but continued to hold his jeans so Tina wouldn’t know the difference. He was having too much fun to ruin it with a serious conversation.

He listened eagerly for any unusual sounds before walking through the door into the dark kitchen. Suddenly the room illuminated and before he could react he was hit with a wave of water. His feet suddenly went out from under him and he fell against the tile floor with a thud. Finally getting his bearings he saw Tina standing above him with a now empty bucket and an evil grin on her face.

“Thank you,” she said with false sweetness, nabbing the jeans from him.

Not one to give up a fight Nick growled and grabbed her around the waist as she went to walk away, bringing her down onto the floor with him. They wrestled for the denim, Nick finally pinning her face down on the floor in victory.

“I’ve got you this time,” he cackled, on his hands and knees above her.

“What the hell is going on in here!?” Lynn suddenly exploded into the room and both of them looked up in shock.

“Mom!” Tina said in surprise, trying to get up only to realize that Nick was still looming over her, “It’s not what it looks like,” she tried to explain and Nick raised an eyebrow.

“What does it look like?” he wondered curiously, not knowing what anyone would be able to make of the situation since it was so random.

Lynn was standing in a pair of pink linen pyjamas, hands firmly on her hips, “Well it kind of looks like you’re mounting my daughter on the kitchen floor, Nick.”

They each turned red with embarrassment and scrambled to their feet, both scantily clad.

“We could see you chasing each other through the window, so you know,” Lynn informed them, pointing out the kitchen windows towards their house, “We weren’t sure if you were just acting like idiots or if there was something serious going on.”

“Idiots,” Nick clarified and Tina nodded in agreement, “We were just having some fun.”

Lynn’s expression softened and she moved her hands from her hips, crossing them over her chest. She was trying to look stern but they could see a slight smile hiding in the corner of her mouth, “Well,” she said, looking them both over, “It’s nice to see you having fun together for a change then. Just don’t forget that there are kids asleep upstairs and if you’re going to get it on in common rooms your father and I would appreciate it if you kept it to the front of the house, away from the windows,” the older woman then turned on her heels and left, shutting the kitchen door firmly behind her.

Nick and Tina took one look at each other and burst into fits of uncontrollable giggles. Wordlessly they started to clean up the mess in the kitchen, laughing each time they remembered the look on Lynn’s face, or her use of the word ‘mounting’.

I’ll talk to her about it tomorrow, he thought, not wanting to ruin the fun.