- Text Size +
Story Notes:
This another one I am re posting hope you like it I am still working on it.
I am an ordinary man with dreams but, there is one problem I am known worldwide making me yearn for anonymity. What would you think if I told that I got the opportunity to do exactly that be normal in every way possible. Would you believe me? It cost me a fortune but at that moment I needed it… I Howard Dwaine Dorough got a chance to experience normal and I took it.

Let me start from the beginning though, this happened during a very stressing moment in my career…I felt like a robot not getting any chance to be me it was all about work work work, tours all over the place. I had just gotten a day off in the lovely city of Seattle and to my pleasure I went out shopping for some stuff when I bumped into the man I would trust my whole career too…. Marcos Flores.

I was shocked when I saw him; I actually thought it was me! Except his hair was short and he had a nice well groomed beard. I had just apologized to him and then had continued on with my walking in the mall with Jared my body guard close by. It wasn’t till I was almost mobbed by some fans that realized that I wanted a break a totally disappearance from this world I was in. “What I would pay for a normal day,” I had told my body guard as he escorted me away from the crowd that was screaming my name.

It was then that I saw that man again walking to his car and a smile spread on my face. “I think I may have found a solution,” I told Jared. “What?” he asked as he followed my gaze. Jared had agreed with me that that man look freakishly a lot like me.

First I had to swear Jared to secrecy so in case my plan worked, then it took a few minutes for my car to block this mans exit Jared walked up to the man and after what seemed like a long conversation he came with Jared. He climbed into the van with a curious look in his face; I introduced myself and shook his hand. “I’m Howie,” I told him with a confident smile.

“Marcos,” he told me shaking my hand, we drove to god knows where...Jared was driving while I laid out my plan to Marcos. I was basically asking him to take my job to become me for a while. “I will pay you extremely well and I will personally train you…”

“What about me and my job?” he asked me as I realized he was actually considering my offer. That’s when I explained that I would take over his life as well, “I will be Marcos Flores,” I told him. He looked at me in a funny way… “I don’t think you could Mr. Dorough,” I had to arch my brow at his comment, “why not,” I asked him.

“I am a father of two little girls and a job at a warehouse that allows me to live on a day by day basis. You are used to the lifestyle of the rich and famous.” He was right I really never worked a normal job but I yearned for the chance. “Two daughters you say?” I asked him.

“Yes twins Isabella and Graciela my babies. I am there father and mother since my wife passed away during there birth. My mother helps me with them,” I listened to this man and I realized that this offer was even a better one he needed money and I need a new life for a while at least. “I will learn everything I need to make them believe I am you just like you will do for me… it will only be for six months tops.” I was desperate for him to say yes to my offer. “I will make it worth your while and I will personally pay for your daughter’s college when they are old enough to go of course. Please think about you will get paid extremely well and think of all the traveling you will get to do. A rest from your hectic normal life.”

I saw him hesitate and then without another rebuttal he said yes. “I am doing this for my daughter’s and for six months the most,” he said as he looked down to his feet. I had a triumphant smile as I thanked him. I need you to ask for a few weeks off at your job, don’t worry I will pay you, tell your family whatever you want as an excuse. I will make sure you get the rest of the instructions delivered to you by Jared,” I pointed to my body guard. “One thing though Mr. Flores no one must know about this ever…”

********

So after we finished our U.S leg of the tour we got a well deserved few weeks off. I was anxious to continue with my plan so after agreeing with my fellow band member’s to meet back in LA in exactly a week I boarded a plane to Seattle to meet my new me. I made sure to hug my friends before I left because I knew it wouldn’t be me coming back in a few weeks but they would not know that because Marcos would be me and I was going to make sure he did a hell of a good job.

I was glad to see Marcos with his suitcase already in the suite I had rented under an alias. “I’m glad you did come,” I told him as I gave him a sincere smile.

I started by telling him my life story he needed to know as much as he could about me and I was happy that he was actually a great listener. He learned most of it and then it was my turn to listen to his life story and I have to say I was moved by this man. Maybe I was actually doing something good for someone.

The next thing was seeing how his voice sounded to my surprise he wasn’t that bad and everyday we practiced till I knew it would fine I did make him promise me he would continue to practice. Of course I would have Jared make sure of it.

The weeks felt short to me actually but I was proud with both our transformations. That fact that I hadn't shaved and my hair was shorter did feel a little weird but I had to look like Marcos. I had to also learn a lot more Spanish I was glad when Marcos told me that most of the time he did speak in English

I can say our transformation was incredible and I was proud. On the day of his departure as me I wished him luck and gave him his only bank account card he could use which I had transferred money to for him. I had also opened an account for me under his Name for my use even though I had made a promise not use it, that I would try to live like a normal hardworking middle class man. I thanked Jared again for his loyalty and with that he headed to LA and I headed to a suburb just outside the city of the Seattle. To see my two daughters and mother….