- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Finally an update enjoy. I still have a few more chapters to go... :)
“I really can’t guys,” I tried to give AJ and Nick the best sick face I could. They were trying to convince to go out with them in London. But I had already been told by Jared we had a conference call with Howie… apparently he was not very happy by a surprised call he had received by none other than Leigh.

I was man enough though to man to what I had done and I was going to explain myself to him I was why lie. Leigh is hot and she had kissed me first, but it will never happen again I was going swear on my life it wasn’t.

“Ok well you’re the party pooper,” AJ said as he and Nick left my suite. Jared appeared as soon as those two were gone.

“Ready?” asked as he came in cell phone in hand. He was already dialing a the number, I was surprised to hear Howie answer so quick.

“Hello Jared?” he said in a very calm voice too calm for my liking.

“Yeah and Marco.” Jared said sitting beside me.

“Oh good we can get right to business… let’s start with the call I received from Leigh.” He said suddenly not sounding calm.

“Well she showed up and couldn’t stay away…” Jared began as he looked at me. I sighed and made him stop.

“Yeah I didn’t know about Leigh by the way. Any who she knocked on my door and well things just went down after that she kissed me.” I said all at once and at first I thought the call had disconnected because the other side of the phone was silent not even a breath was heard.

“Howie?” Jared asked after a few seconds.

“I’m here,” he finally said exhaling a long breath, “I guess I should let you know that I sort of implied that you like or feel something more for your sister in law.”

I began to cough as I heard the last part of his sentence. “You what? I don’t even really talk to her!”

“Well it was an accident and in a very odd moment.” He was explaining to me but I still felt anger and I didn’t know why. “Hey we are airing out our laundry here, you kissed my girlfriend and I am not freaking out! So call it even!”

He was right and I hadn’t told him about the second kiss I had given Leigh. I took a few good breaths, “I know but you don’t understand my relationship with Flor is not the best since my wife’s death.”

“I know,” he said in matter of fact. “I think it’s wrong that you shunned her from your life for so long time and then you barely talk to her when she takes great care of the girls.” Was he lecturing me? He who is single and afraid to admit to the world that he actually does have a girlfriend?

“You don’t know anything about me and my life!” I said angrily because I knew he was right but I was in pain and anguish. I thought I had lost everything the day my wife had died. “As a matter fact I quit this right now as soon as I arrive to the U.S. I want out you understand and you can keep your money and just leave my family alone. You have no right in going in to it and try to mend what you don’t understand!”

“I’m sorry.” Howie told me and then he sighed. “Your right I didn’t but just like I’ve done changes in your life Marco you have done in mine. Had you not kissed Leigh twice!” he paused after emphasizing that he knew I had kissed her twice, “I wouldn’t have realized that I am in love with her. I love Leigh and I really miss her.”

I felt tears come to my eyes, I was mess and I missed my kids. I wanted out; I knew this would not end well. “I just want to go home and end this.” I stood up and left the room. I needed to breathe.

*********

It was a closing of eyes when I was on a plane back to Seattle as Marcos Flores. Howie made it happen so fast, he showed up in London just as we were heading to the airport to head to New York. Jared found a way to switch us.

“I was in heading for the elevators still thinking on big of a mistake this had been when I saw Howie and he pulled into stairway there was Jared. No wonder I had seen him. “So I understand you and your right this was a mistake.” Howie had said handing me my credentials.

“What do you mean?” I had asked I was still a little confused.

“Your right this was a mistake.” Howie repeated as he gave me a smile. “I shouldn’t have made you do this… I’m sorry and I wish you the best Marco. You have two wonderful daughters that love you I must add. Look just wait for us to leave than you can catch a cab to the airport for your flight home. I am still keeping my word about our deal.” He patted my shoulder. “Everyone thinks I went to claim my tickets to Disney world.”

He then handed me a envelope telling to open till I was back in Seattle. So here I am on my way back to my girls and gripping this letter which I am anxious to read. Also very nervous with the new Flor situation. Even if I have to admit Howie was right on what he had told me the night before.

In a way it was a good thing he had open the communication barrier between her and me. I felt relieved to be going back yet now I also felt sad knowing I would never see the Backstreet Boys the same… they were not just some boy band that was stealing teenage girls hearts they were normal guys just trying to live their life. It was a little more hectic than a normal ordinary life but they still bled the same as we did. They had money but it had a price…

My heart is pounding after hearing that we about to land. I can’t wait to see my family…