- Text Size +
Chapter 3
I stared out the bedroom window, the clock glowing blue in the wee early hours of the morning; currently, it was reading 2:16am. I ran my hand over my face, turning back to look at the man lying in the bed. He was smart and gorgeous, but he was funny, once you really got to know him. He could be quiet and reserved, or loud and demanding, depending on the mood he was in. And all of that was part of the charm of why I loved him. He was sexy, and at times, knew it. He was a naval officer, what officer didn’t know they were sexy? And actually, how we met was pretty interesting, than again, whenever you meet in combat, that’s always interesting. He told me constantly that it was my quick wit and my winning personality that had him falling for me.

But, of course, love didn’t always make a marriage. There has to be passion and that’s what makes me question things these days. Our sex life had become a bore. And I was plain out of ideas of how to spice it up. I’ve just about done them all, well, we have done them all. I sighed yet again, watching him turns towards the sound.

“You know a husband doesn’t like it when you leave his arms in the middle of the night.” I smiled and sat down on the bed, his hand already rubbing my back. “What has you up sweetheart?” I glanced over at him, smiling all the more as he pulled the robe off my shoulder and started placing tiny kisses there.

“I’m just thinking about us baby.” That stopped Kevin and he eyes flashed to mine.

“Baby, don’t think about us. We’ll be fine and you know it. We’ve survived seven years and you are the only one I wanna be with.”

“And I feel the same. But, do I still entice you? You can feel it just as much as I can, that something isn’t right when we make love. And I’m at a loss as to why that is.”

“Maybe we should go to a counselor? We can’t be the only ones who love each other, yet still feel out of sorts when we make love.”

“I guess. I just…I’m running out of ideas. And it’s not bad.” Kevin smirked, his left eyebrow shooting up. “There ya go, getting a big head.”

“I thought you liked that?”

“Not like that!” I squealed as he wrapped his arm around me and pulled me back down on the bed, his lips attacking my neck.

-----
I kept my eyes glued to the screen, annoyed with intense buzzing of the phone on my desk. I reached over, my eyes never leaving the screen.

“Lambe here.”

“Theresa, its Brian.” I bite my lip, trying not to let out a sigh.

“Hey there cos, how are you doing? I heard congratulations are in order here.”

“Thank you. I just hope she’s as wonderful a wife as you are.”

“Brian, does this woman know just how much of a flirt you really are?

“Nope. You aren’t going to tell her either, are you?”

“And break her heart, never. So, what do I owe the pleasure of your phone call to?”

“Actually, I’m kinda worried about you. And you and Kevin.” I pinched the bridge of my nose, pulling the hair tie out of my hair, hoping that might stop the migraine that was forming.

“Why are you worried?”

“When I talked to Kevin, it just sounded like things weren’t moving so well between you two.”

“It’s not what you think actually. In some ways, things are very fine. But there are some things that aren’t the greatest. Than again, over the phone is not the best place to have this conversation.”

“I can understand that. Don’t forget about dinner tonight.”

“I won’t. I’m even gonna call Kevin in a minute to make sure he’s getting off early to pick you two up.”

“Thanks Resa.”

“No problem. I’ll see you later.” I hung up, leaning my head back on my chair and staring at the ceiling. I knew Kevin wouldn’t keep what was bothering from Brian. Not like we could. Brian had this nature about him that picked up on people with problems. I just wasn’t comfortable talking about our sex life with our family. I got up out of the chair, saved what I was working, grabbed my purse and keys, told my secretary that was I was having lunch and left.

-----
I pulled up to his office 15 minutes later and walked in, seeing no one at the front desk. I frowned and made my way back to his office, glancing through the window and seeing his secretary leaning over Kevin’s arm, her breasts brushing over it. I opened the door and cleared my throat. They both looked up, Letty looking startled.

“Mrs. Richardson, we were…” Kevin smirked, touching her arm gently.

“Letty, go ahead and go to lunch. We’ve been staring at this for over an hour.” She glanced at him, offered me a smile and left.

“Did you enjoy it?” He leaned back, tapping his fingers and looked at me.

“Did I enjoy what?” I closed the door, locked it and threw my purse on the chair before strolling over to him, straddling him in his chair.

“The feel of her breasts on your arms.” His hands ran over my thighs, frowning as he glanced up.

“They were? Didn’t even notice. They’re too small for my taste anyways. I like the bigger ones.” His hands made quick work of my jacket, tossing it back on the desk, than quickly undoing the buttons to my blouse, pushing aside the material, his lips brushing over the skin that was showing. “Not that I am complaining, but you never visit on your lunch.”

“I was hungry.”

“Than why are you here?” I grabbed his cheeks, made him look in my eyes that were currently darker.

“I’m hungry for HIM.” He growled, his lips attacking mine.

-----
I rested against his chest, smiling to myself, enjoying the sound of his contented sigh.

“That was the best damn lunch I ever had.” I cracked up, finally lifting my head, blowing a strand of hair out of my face.

“Gotta admit, it was the best I’ve had. Now maybe I can get through the rest of the day.” I got off the chair, pulling my hair back into a bun and fixing my skirt.

“I must admit, I like the Air Force uniforms. I like that the officers have to wear skirts if they’re ladies.” I turned to him, lifting my panties off the floor and smirking.

“Don’t forget to pick up Brian from the airport.” I opened his bottom drawer, sticking the lace clad panties there and winking at him.

“How the hell am I going to work, knowing those are there and that there ain’t shit underneath your skirt?” I shrugged, swaying my hips as I walked over and picked up my purse.

“You can always return the favor at some point in time.” He stood up and walked over to me, unlocking the door and opening it.

“Thank you for the lunch date Ms. Lambe.”

“My pleasure Mr. Richardson.” He pulled me close, his mouth devouring mine. We finally pulled away as we heard the whistles.

“Brian, airport, do not be late!”

“I promise. He’s my cousin, I know.” I kissed him one more time, feeling many eyes on me. He shook his head as the man stared. “Back to work,” he growled, earning many knowing looks from the guys.