- Text Size +
Chapter 4

He stepped from side to side, not bothering to hide his excitement at seeing of one of his favorite cousins. He checked the board, making sure the flight was still on time. He took a drink of his bottled water, seeing the plane land and than taxi to the gate. He waited a few more minutes, finally seeing his cousin and smiling.

“Brian!” The younger man ran over and him a huge hug. “Wait, where’s Shelly?”

“She actually came this morning, had a rather important meeting.”

“Oh, so we’ll see her tonight?”

“Of course. So, tell me, what’s being going on man? What has you looking so rough?” Kevin glanced around, seeing all the people and shook his head.

“Let’s go grab a drink and I’ll explain things.” Brian’s held onto Kevin’s arm and stopped him.

“You two aren’t splitting, are you?” Kevin just glanced at Brian and shook his head.

“It’s not that bad yet man, but let’s go.”

-----
Kevin pulled the label off his long neck bottle before turning to Brian. He was even more grateful to his cousin for not pushing the matter even more.

“It’s….my marriage.” Brian sat his chair back down with a loud thud and than carefully sat his own beer down.

“What’s wrong? I thought you two were so in love?”

“We are man. That’s not the problem. It…may sound…strange but our sex life has gone…stale.”

“As in you guys don’t make love anymore?”

“As in it’s just not the same passion filled experience that we used to have. Man, Resa and I, we had no problem finding a little corner, having sex three, sometimes four times a day. Now, I bet we have sex three or four times every two weeks, maybe less. And we have tried everything. Toys, clothes, role plays. It’s not that I don’t love making love to her…”

“But like you’re burnt out?” Kevin thought it over and slowly nodded.

“Yeah. Is that possible?”

“I’m not sure. But you can ask Shelly later.”

“Man, I am not asking your fiancé anything.”

“Why not? She makes good money for offering her advice.” Kevin just looked at Brian, his eyebrow raised.

“What kind of therapist is Shelly?”

“A sex therapist. And…you want no other woman right?”

“Nah man. When I put that ring on Resa’s finger that was it. I love her, mind, body and soul. Maybe we just need a recharge?”

“I told you, Shelly is great. You’d be surprised by the things that come up.” This time it was Kevin’s turn to lean back and regard his cousin carefully.

“Okay man, how is that a boys college basketball coach gets hooked up with a sex therapist?” Brian gave Kevin a huge grin.

“Not like you think dude! She was at a game and I was throwing a couple shots, but one totally air balled and it hit her head. Poor girl was seeing stars for five minutes. Actually, I didn’t know what she did until about a month into our relationship. It took me for a surprise but I wouldn’t have traded her. And, it’s not like she compares or anything.”

“And you trust her?”

“Who is she going to tell? Me? It’s not like I don’t know. And she won’t tell the family.”

“No, but she would know and than I’ll have to see her at family gatherings.”

“Man, she ain’t like that. Just wait and talk to her at dinner and you’ll see. I promise.”

“Fine. I’ll think about it.”

-----
I cringed as I drove up to the house, knowing I had only half an hour to get ready. Which, by Kevin’s standards, was not enough time. Not when it took me well over an hour to look amazing for him. I flew into the house, hearing him yelling from upstairs.

“I know I’m late. I had some things come up.” I threw my purse on the bed and turned to look at him in dress black slacks and a emerald green shirt that brought out those amazing eyes even more, my breath catching.

“Lately, everything seems to be coming up.” I glared at him and started unbuttoning my blouse, heading into the bathroom.

“I’ll be ready to go by the time we need to be.” He rolled his eyes and left me alone. I glanced at my watch, groaning.

Twenty minutes later, I pulled my hair up into a French twist, slipping on the gold strappy stilettos and smoothed the dress over my thighs before heading downstairs. I took a deep breath, not quite understanding my need to impress my husband. “Let’s go.” He flicked off the TV, barely glancing up and taking my hand before leading me out the car.

“I’m glad you got ready in time.” I bit my lip as I climbed in, keeping my gaze out the window, for some odd reason, hurt beyond words.

“I told you that I would be. I can get dressed in a hurry.” He frowned, grabbing my hand and interlacing our fingers.

“I know. I guess I’m just nervous.”

“Why?”

“Because Brian really loves and adores Shelly. And I want to make a good impression on her.”

“I thought Shelly was flying in with Bri?”

“No, she had a very important meeting and was already here.”

“Oh. So, did you talk to Brian?” He just shot me a look, pulling into the parking lot and helping me out. “Is that a yes?” I pulled my skirt down a little more, holding onto his arm as we entered the restaurant, spotting Brian right away. Kevin grinned and tugged me over, making me almost trip on the heels. He gave Brian a hug before stopping in his tracks as he stared at the woman by Brian. I watched as he licked his lips, his eyes traveling over every inch of this amber eyed, black hair, 5’5, big breasted woman.; hating to admit that I did not like his look at all. And from within, I wanted to hate her, for she was stunning, and damn, did I not compare to her. Okay, perhaps I did doubt my husband a little, since his passion was fizzling out.

“Shelly, you look…stunning.” That raked over my already raw nerves, making me dig my nails into my hands to keep from turning tail and running.

“Thank you Kevin. Brian didn’t mention you were a charmer too.”

“He didn’t mention he had a beautiful bride to be either.” She smiled at him before turning to me.

“Why, Kevin, how can you call me beautiful when your own wife outshines me?”

“Please Shelly,” I said, really trying to hate her, even as she gave me a small squeeze.

“No, Shelly is right, Resa. I don’t think I’ve seen such an amazing color on you since your wedding dress. Red suits you. And you look radiant.” He kissed my cheek, smiling all the more.

“Brian! Stop flirting!” I chuckled, flinching slightly as Kevin grabbed my waist and ushered me into a chair. I looked over at Kevin, who kept his attention on the menu.

-----
I rested my elbows on the table, giving half an ear to the conversation that had been going on for the last twenty minutes. Kevin was doing his best to embarrass Brian in front of Shelly, and a lot of the stories I had heard before. I gazed around Vaelntino’s, spotting a couple of men sitting in a corner, and smiled as one kept staring at me, but really paying no mind to him. I jumped slightly as someone touched my arm, bringing my attention back to the table.

“I’m sorry, what?”

“I was asking if you want anything else sweetheart.”

“Oh, no, I’m fine Kevin, thank you.” He nodded his head, turned slightly than gave me a sharp look, but I was far from caring. Actually, had been all day. I sighed, and stood up, noticing the conversation stopped once more.

“Excuse me, ladies room.” Shelly jumped up too and wove her arm through mine.

“I’m going too. You two behave please.” She beamed at Brian before we turned and walked away. “Things seemed tense between you and Kevin, is everything alright?”

“Lovers spat, nothing new.” I headed into the room, once more, trying not to like her, but she seemed so nice, so down to earth, especially for someone who was so gorgeous.

“Resa, can I confide in you?”

“Uh, yeah, sure.”

“You have no reason to be jealous of me. Or to hate me. Kevin my have stared for a few moments, but believe me, his eyes see only you. And I love Brian with all my heart. No way could I want another man.”

“It’s not that I don’t trust you…”

“You’re just worried that some woman is going to catch your husband’s fancy?”

“I guess so.”

“Why don’t you call me later? I maybe able to help some.” I gave her a smile.

“I will.” She smiled in return and headed back out, leaving me alone for a few more moments. I took a deep breath and walked out, smacking right into that guy.

“Well, what is a beautiful creature like you doing all alone?”

“Excuse me sir, I need to return to my husband.”

“That man that’s ignored you all night?” His eyes raked over me and even though I had clothes on, I felt very naked.

“He has not.”

“Yes he has. And that is a horrible shame. Name is Christopher. I’m a reporter.”

“Thank you. Now, if you’ll excuse me…”

“Wait a moment, I just want a name.”

“She said excuse me, let her pass.” I glanced over his shoulder and saw Kevin standing there. I swallowed and ran over to his side, his arm encircling my waist, for once grateful for his show of protectiveness’.

“Sorry, didn’t know she was spoken for.” Kevin’s eyebrow shot up and he took a step forward, but I braced my hand on his chest.

“She has a sparkling diamond on her left hand. A blind man could see it.”

“Next time, show a little more interest in your wife and not the other females at the table and you won’t have men hitting on her.”