- Text Size +
“I am happy for you…” Leigh told Valerie as they finished cleaning the dinning room.

“Thank you, I wasn’t sure I was going to be able to tell you all. I mean I was afraid you all would not believe me. I still think Howie is a little awkward with it?” Valerie said with a doubtful look on her face.

Leigh sighed and stopped what she was doing, “Val no offense you should not care what Howie thinks but just so you know… he is happy excited just scared for you. He does know AJ quite well you know.” Leigh finished hugging Valerie.

“That’s why I was dreading this you know, I care what Howie thinks because one he knows AJ so well and me well I am like family or I hope so. What do you think he is telling AJ?” Valerie said staring toward the studio room Howie had in his house. “They have been there for a while…”

“Relax Val,” Leigh said with a smile on her face. “I promise AJ will come out in one piece.” She winked at her as she began to take the dirty dished into the kitchen.

**********

“You have a every right to feel like that Howie,” AJ said sighing as he took a seat on one of the chairs in the small studio. “But I can assure you this is real.”

“I don’t want you to think I am against this… I just want to understand how this happened. That’s Val out there giving her heart to you… I want to make sure you are really not going to back away at the first sign of strain between you two. I know Val she is not ordinary…” Howie sighed as he stared at his friend.

AJ nodded in agreement with Howie, “yeah your right about that Val is not ordinary and I think that is part of why I want this to work too. I bonded with her in some way since she arrived and in a good way. I won’t hurt her…”

“I will make sure you won’t,” Howie said in a serious tone but then smiled… “Just make her happy. She needs happiness…”

“More than you think,” AJ sighed as he relaxed knowing Howie was done with all the interrogations toward him.

“What do mean more than I think?” Howie asked arching his brow. He stared at his friend with a curious look.

“I well I kind of know about her ex…” AJ said stuttering knowing well that was not what he was talking about. But he was not going to tell Howie about his worries about her health yet, he wanted to believe that Val would keep her promise and stop what she was doing.

“Ok well then make her happy AJ come on lets go join them I don’t want Val to think I have killed you. AJ I am happy for you two…” Howie told AJ as he patted his shoulder.

********

“You ok?” AJ asked Valerie as they drove away from Howie’s house.“He really is ok with this I just had to reassure him that I was crazy about you,” he smiled at her.

“I know but still it was a little awkward. I am glad though it’s over and now I don’t have to hide this from him or any of your other band mates. I do have a question though,” she told him eyeing him a little nervous.

“Shoot,” he said looking at her curiously.

“How do I prepare myself for your mother’s arrival?” she bit her lip as she asked him.

AJ chuckled a little and then reached for her hand, “Val you don’t need to prepare for anything my mother is not coming to judge you she is here to see me. I am the one who would love for her to meet you and I promise you she is not here to scrutinize you. I know for a fact she will love you because you are making me happy.”

“Its just it’s your mother AJ… I feel a little intimidated.” Valerie said in honesty, this woman was very important to AJ and she was afraid of not being what she would expect of her son. She was fat for one but she wasn’t going to tell him that, apparently he did not like her to be honest about herself.

“Val please this would mean a lot to me and I will gladly meet your family when you are ready for me to meet them.” He kissed her hand gently.

She couldn’t say no to him and she knew that, “Ok but I am still nervous,” she told him as they walked into Blockbuster to rent a movie.

They roamed the lanes trying to find a good one. “Would you take your sunglasses off?” she asked as she stared at him. She looked around and the place was empty no need for them.

He sighed and smiled at her as he removed them, “Better?” he asked as he quickly brushed his lips on hers.

*********

A few minutes later they were walking out of the store with the movies. “So which do you want to watch first?” he asked as he took her hand as they walked to his car.

“I don’t care she told him,” as she gladly let him take her hand this was nice she felt really special.

“Awe come babe choose,” he told her as he opened the door for her.

“Ok fine, Twilight.” She told him smiling at him.