- Text Size +
Raul obliged for that time and left her but not before surprising her with a kiss. A forceful kiss that caught her by surprise. She pushed him away wiping her mouth, “Get out,” she told him angrily.

After he left she went to get ready and after washing her mouth a few times she waited patiently for AJ or at least she tried to feel at ease. It seemed like an eternity when she heard the knock this time though she made sure to look through the peephole. “Hello,” she said putting on her best smile as she leaned in to kiss him on the lips, only to feel retched as she remembered the earlier events.

“Hey,” he wrapped his arms around her waist as he deepened the kiss.

Valerie had for an instant completely forgotten about everything but that moment as AJ assaulted her tongue. Finally realizing that his mother must be near or waiting on them she pulled away blushing, “Your mother is waiting…” she told him caressing his cheek as he pouted.

AJ sheepishly smiled and then cleared his throat, “She sends her sincere apology but she just could not turn down Leigh and her invitation to some well deserved shopping with the company of little James.”

“Oh,” Valerie said a little baffled did Denise not like her? Why had she canceled?

“But she does expect us to join her at Howie’s house later for dinner.” He finished looking at her curiously. “She really was looking forward to going out with us but she also wanted to enjoy time with little James since I apparently haven’t given her a grandson to look after.” He felt the need to explain that to her.

“So what now?” She asked him pushing away her thoughts.

“Well…” AJ said guiding her to the couch. “I have a few ideas in mind but they all take place here.” He told her grinning.

*********

“Do I really look ok?” Valerie asked AJ one more time as she pulled her shirt down. “I feel like sack of potatoes in this shirt.”

AJ looked at her serious, “You look good babe,” he said pulling her toward him. “I would prefer you in nothing but then that might cause trouble.”

Valerie laughed and hugged him leaning her head on him. “So after we meet with Nick at this place for a while then we’ll head to Howie’s right?”

“That’s the plan,” he said kissing her hair. “Are you going to dance with me?”

“What?” she said pulling away to look at him. “What do you mean dance, are we going to a club?”

“Yes and I expect for you to dance with me…” he said giving her a grin.

“Then maybe I should change,” she said looking down at the shirt she was wearing.

AJ sighed and then took her face in his hands making her look at him, “No I like that shirt it fits you perfectly… and you look very sexy in it.” He then kissed her to prevent her rebuttal.

********

“Babe,” AJ said as he saw the flashing cameras and the crowd in front the new club. “Are you going to be ok with this?” he asked as he stopped there walk.

“I will never know until I try…” she told him with a nervous smile. She wanted to tell him no and run the opposite way but if she wanted this to work she had to try. It was apparent that his fans already knew something; she remembered the print out Raśl had showed her earlier.

“Let me do all the talking ok? We will try to go in quick,” AJ reassured her taking her hand in his.

“I’m glad I decided to change,” she told him laughing nervously. This dress made her look a little slim.

AJ rolled his eyes at her comment, “You look good in anything Val,” he said as they began to walk again.

Valerie held to AJ’s hand tight as they got closer to the entrance. She had learned that Nick’s friend was the owner and wanted him to be here on the opening night. So of course Nick had made some calls as well that included AJ and whoever else he knew. Now here they were with a paparazzi infested entrance, “Kevin?” she heard AJ say as they made there way into the club.

“Alex,” Kevin said smiling as he walked toward him and whoever he had with him. “Nice to see you… so Nick called you too?”

“Yeah of course,” AJ said hugging his friend and his wife. “You remember Valerie right?” he said when he saw the curious look on Kevin’s face.

“Oh wow Valerie how are you? Brian had told me you were in Cali; you got an internship didn’t you?” Kevin said hugging her catching her by surprise.

“Hey Kev,” Valerie said shyly, it had been a while since she had seen Kevin. “Kristen how are you?” she asked his wife also hugging her. She did remember her from back in the days when Kevin would just talk about her.

“I’m good, how about you? You look good…” Kristen said looking at her.

“Yeah you look great actually,” Kevin said remember the robust little girl from Florida. “If I recall well you and Alex never got along…” he said eyeing them curiously especially since there hands were intertwined.

“Well….” AJ was about to answer but before he could flashes from cameras and questions from many different people bombarded them.

“I think we should head in,” Kevin said as he smiled at the cameras and waved with a small smile on his face.

“AJ so when is your solo album coming out?”

AJ smiled and then turned to answer the question, “Soon first I’m working with the guys in our upcoming album and then I will finish mine. I am planning for it to come out soon after Backstreet’s comes out.” He then waved and smiled to the camera. He began to guide Valerie inside when someone else interrupted.

“So rumors amongst your fans are your no longer single is that true?”

AJ looked at Val who had been quiet all long, “I’m not single and very happy. I hope my fans are happy to know that I have found happiness.” He did not wait for more questions and entered the club where he right away spotted Nick already hugging Kevin.

“AJ, Val glad you two made it.” Nick said hugging them. “This is so cool,” he said as they all sat in the VIP area.

Valerie leaned into AJ’s shoulder and whispered, “Thank you,” she told him kissing him on his cheek.

AJ did not need more explanation he knew why she was thanking him, “I am happy with you,” he whispered back at her.

The rest of the night she got to see how much Nick, AJ, and Kevin got along. It seemed that there really was no hard feelings after Kevin’s departure. Kristen was very excited in showing her a picture of Mason, he was adorable. It really was a nice night and she had completely forgotten anything else. It wasn’t till she felt AJ tap her, “We have to go…” he told her.

She obliged and stood up saying there good byes, “It was really nice seeing you again Kev,” Valerie told Kevin.

“Yeah same here hopefully you and AJ can visit us sometime.”

“We’ll make plans,” AJ said hugging him.

After saying good bye to Nick and his friend they left and even though there were still paparazzi outside AJ ignored them all just smiling and waving. “Sorry I’m kind of in hurry,” was all he commented as he walked away with Valerie by his side.

Valerie smiled to herself maybe it would be ok to be dating someone famous. She cleared her throat and spoke, “So what are we eating at Howie’s?”

“I have no idea…” AJ said laughing as they made it to his car.