- Text Size +
“I am nervous,” Valerie said as she exhaled the smoke.

“Look don’t worry about it, I am sure he will listen to you and everything will be back to normal. He just needed time to think about it, besides when he sees how hot you look in your maid of honor dress he will forget about it all.” Stacy said as she finished her smoke.

“I really wish you could go with me I need a wing man.” She told her pouting.

“I can’t and you will have you sister there and Howie.” Stacy said hugging her friend.

“I know but it won’t be the same. What if he hates me and never speaks to me again?”

“Oh that won’t happen. You know you sound like your in love, madly in love.” Stacy said eyeing her friend.

“I think I am,” Valerie said giving her a sad smile, “these past few days I have been a wreck and I have texted him nonstop. Without one answer from him, so I stopped only two days ago. I honestly think I have lost him.”

*******

Valerie smiled as she saw her soon to be brother in law waiting for her. “Hey welcome home.” Javier said as he wrapped his arms around her. “Man Valerie you look hot, wow.”

“Oh please Javier quit trying to make me blush it won’t work.” She told him as she hugged him back. “So any wedding jitters yet?”

“Nope you’re sister is stuck with me unless she runs.” He froze as he said it and looked panicked for a second. “No she loves me she wouldn’t run would she?”

Valerie arched her eyebrow and laughed, “I’m not telling she is my sister I am on her side.” She patted his shoulder. “Nothing to worry about Javy she is smitten over you.”

“I am smitten over her too.” He said as he helped her with her luggage. “So since I know you won’t want to stay with your parents Sandy got you a room at the Hilton.”

“Ok thanks,” Valerie said as she followed Javier to his car. “What time do I have to be at the rehearsal at the church?”

“At six, you have plenty of time to rest and I will have my sister Julie pick you up.” Javier said and then after turning on the ignition he sighed. “So I know you really don’t want to hear this right now but I should let you know. That I know about Alex and I am so sorry about your break up… Sandy told me.”

“I knew she would she’s horrible at keeping secrets.” Valerie said as she lit a cigarette.
“So maybe I should tell you that he called Sandy earlier this week and asked for an extra seat. He’s bringing someone.” Javier said biting his lip.

Amber sucked in her air and fought back the tears forming in her eyes. “I am glad he has been able to move on.” She told him and then she quickly turned on the radio as loud as possible.

Javier didn’t say anything else after that he knew she didn’t want to talk about it.

*******

“Josh,” Valerie yelled as she opened the door to her room.

“My god Val you look wow,” Josh said hugging her. “You always look good but wow impressive what you have accomplished. So you called me told me to get here as soon as possible because you had an emergency. Spill.”

“You are so feisty no wonder your gay.” She told him biting her lip. “I need you to find me a hot date that neither my sister nor any of my family members and friends will recognize.”

“Ok I can do that but why am I doing this for you again?” Josh said as he began to look through his phone. “Does this have to do with the whole backstreet boy thing?”

“My god everyone knows about?” she asked.

“Duh he is a famous person and it was all over TMZ did you really go back with Raul?” he asked.

“No and I will tell you everything but another time I have to get ready for the rehearsal and I need my new date for it so hurry.” She told him as she went to her closet to take out the turquoise dress she had chosen for the rehearsal of course it did have black.

“Fine on it,” Josh said as he looked through his phone. “See what you put me through.”

*******

“Are you Valerie?”

Valerie smiled as she saw the guy, “Yes are you Saul?” she asked smiling at Josh’s choice.

“Yes Saul Perez,” he said extending his hand. “Now my question is why would you need a fake date to your own sister’s wedding when I am sure you are capable of finding one.”

“It’s a long story and I might share it on the way to the church,” Valerie said as she took his arm and began to walk out of the lobby. “So are you really gay?”

“Well more like bi,” he told her as he escorted her to his car.

“How in the world did Josh meet you?” she asked him as he opened the door for her. “Well we met in Coco Beach and then I just moved to Orlando not long ago. We are just friend though.”

“Oh,” Valerie said sighing. “Well thanks for agreeing to do this.”

“Hey Josh told me it would be free food and to flaunt to have met this gorgeous girl that I am smitten for. It will help with my acting skills too…” he said as he drove. “So who are we making jealous?”

“No one,” Valerie said as she pictured AJ in her head. “It’s just my family will start trying to hook me up so I prefer to have a pretend boyfriend or date so they won’t do that.” She told him.

“Ok sure, I can totally get that.” He said as he sped down Orlando city toward the church.

“You do know your not suppose to know Josh though right?”

“Yes he made sure to specify that to me more than once.” He said smiling at her.

*******

“Ok spill it why did you bring that guy?” Sandy asked Valerie in the girls restroom after the rehearsal.

“I met him in the lobby of the hotel, it just sort of happened.” Valerie said shrugging. “Isn’t he cute?”

“Valerie this has nothing to do with my future hubby spilling out AJ’s last minute request right?”

“Of course not he has the right to do what he wants, we didn’t work out. Now have more reasons to hate him more, Saul will be good I promise.” Valerie gave Sandy a sad puppy face.

“Fine but please this is my wedding behave.” Sandy said hugging her.

“Now let’s go we still have the rehearsal dinner to get to.”

“Will the guys be here for the rehearsal dinner?” Valerie asked nonchalantly.

“No all of them, I think only Howie and Leigh will be there.” Sandy said eyeing her sister.

“What I was just asking. I should go I bet Saul is scared to shit with our family asking questions.” She raised her eyebrows with mock horror.

Sandy laughed and nodded, “Yeah you better go save him.”
Chapter End Notes:
So here is the next chapter... can you smell the drama? lol... I would love some feed back!