- Text Size +
“Welcome back,” Stacy told Valerie as she hugged her.

“Thanks I am glad to be back, I want to work myself to death.” Valerie said as she followed Stacy to her car. It was a busy day at LAX and she was just glad she was home.

“So it was that bad?” Stacy asked as she helped her put her luggage in the trunk.

“YES,” Valerie said rolling her eyes. “AJ had the decency to take a date to my sister’s wedding and not only that to try and talk to me!”

“Ouch,” Stacy said.

“YEAH, not only that my mother invites them for lunch and then she tells me I should talk to him. She knew about us! So embarrassing.” Valerie said as she put her seatbelt on.

“So then it’s over definitely over?” Stacy asked as she began to drive away.

“YES,” Valerie said confidently. “Its best for both us to just be acquaintances… the only time we will see each other now will be when we both are invited to any of Howie’s events.”

“You know what I think?” Stacy said as she eyed her friend. “You’re afraid of being happy you’re so used to your crappy old relationship it creeps you out to have some actually care for you. Alex really does care for you… I mean I have seen it in the way he looks at you.”

Valerie couldn’t find anything to say to that because deep inside she knew it was true. “I don’t think I deserve it.”

********

Valerie sighed as she ran her laps around the park. She smiled as she fell back to her routine… this was comfortable. After a well deserve workout she decided it was ok to have smoothie.

After ordering herself her favorite she took a seat as she looked through the newspaper. “Val?” she looked up as she heard her name.

“Chris.” She said giving him a smile.

“Wow Alex was right you look amazing. Not that you didn’t before…” Chris said nervously. “So how are you?”

“I couldn’t be better. It’s nice to see you again,” Valerie said as she stood up not wanting to be there anymore. She had done so well not seeing anyone that would make her think or see AJ. She knew he was in town for a while before he would head out again for tour.
“Yeah same here, you have to go so fast?” Chris asked.

“Yeah I have to study for a test and then I have to go to work.” Valerie said as she began to walk not really watching where she was going. “Oh I am so sorry…” she said when she bumped into someone.

“It’s ok,” AJ said smiling as he saw her. “It’s just a little bump nothing more. Hi,”

“Hi,” Valerie said smiling nervously. “I was leaving… nice seeing you again.” She said waving at Chris and then walking away.

She sighed deeply as she began to walk back to her apartment. Till she felt the hand grip her arm. “Wait,” she heard AJ say as she turned to see who was touching her.

“Please,” Valerie managed to say before she felt his lips on hers. She wanted to push him away but instead she found herself kissing him back. She suddenly forgot everything around her and she wrapped her free hand around his neck. The kiss deepened and she couldn’t help but moan as his lips claimed hers with urgency.

Finally she realized what was happening and she pushed him away. But the grin on his face made it hard to complain. Finally she cleared her throat, “What was that?” she asked.

“Well I tried talking to you but you kept ignoring me. I thought I would try something new. Val, I really really like you a lot and…” he bit his lip. He took a deep breath and stared at her… “I am in love with you and I am not going to let anyone tell me otherwise. I am sorry that I for a second doubted my feelings for what people thought about me. It was wrong of me to take that girl with me to your sister’s wedding and I’m sorry. I didn’t even like her… all I kept seeing was you in that very nice hot pink dress. So I am not going to talk anymore… I am just going to kiss you again.” He said as he crashed his lips on hers again.

Valerie was still trying to digest what she had just heard but then she was distracted again with another mind blowing kiss. She came back to reality when she felt the cold drink spill on her and AJ. She must have let it go when she went to wrap both her hands around his neck. “Shit that’s cold,” Alex said pulling away.

Valerie chuckled as she saw her shirt stained and wet. “No shit.” She began to wipe it.

“My apartment is a couple of blocks that way…” she said blushing as she finally made eye contact with Alex who didn’t look too pissed about having red smoothie on his shirt.

“Lets go,” he said taking her hand in his. He led her to his car and after helping her in he drove. It was by far the longest drive in history to him… but he didn’t care it was worth it if it meant that Valerie had forgiven him. She had kissed him back, so he was sure that she still had feelings for him. He reached over and took her hand, he gave her a smile when she didn’t pull away. His smile widened when he realized that today would be a new mark in his relationship with Valerie.

“We’re here,” Valerie said as she waited for him to park. “Come on,” she said as she opened the door. All of a sudden Stacy’s words were making a lot of sense.
Chapter End Notes:
it's a little short but, I hope you like. I would love some feedback. :)