- Text Size +
November 25, 2010
Time: 11:00pm
Location: my room
Emotion: forlorn

I have kept my word I have not spoken to Alex or Nick. Well technically to Nick I have but it has all been work related. Ok maybe I did speak to him once when he came by a few days ago.

He apologized and I almost forgave him till he vent out his true feelings for my acts. He thinks I am being dragged down a dirty path and for some absurd reason he believes Alex is just using me. BULLSHIT, that’s how he described it. What he doesn’t understand is that I love Alex and Alex loves me… we just had to sort of be apart for now. Alex needs to be there for his son who is due in a few months and I well I was going to get custody of my niece Evelyn but for now I have to agree to joint custody. I forgot to mention that I guess that my court day for this month got moved till March!

I do have my lawyer looking for a way to maybe move it to an earlier date. I am hoping for the best… I miss Alex. You see this I was talking about one thing and I am back to Alex. I do feel bad though I haven’t answered not one of his calls and have hung up on him a few times when he tries to call from the bar with Heather’s help.

I feel bad for Nick but I was honest with him when he tried to kiss me. He thinks I am going to change my mind if he continues to play his best friend role, but I guess he doesn’t understand that what I feel for Alex is just too strong. I can admit and say I am in love and have always loved Alex in my subconscious. It all came back when I saw him again… I don’t know how much longer I can pretend to be mad… when really I was flattered that he felt threaten by Nick because of me.

I guess I can admit and say I was madder at the fact that only gave Heather the conclusions needed for her to know well that I was definitely seeing Alex. Infidelity that’s what I should call it… I am or was the other woman. I know Alex says it doesn’t count because she is not his wife and he is not with her like that. But I still seem to think so, I know so and I feel like a mistress but yet I miss it? I miss Alex and I know sooner more than later I am going to call him and make plans to see him. I need him more than ever; I have Evelyn constantly asking for him.

My Evelyn she is doing well her cast if so freaking awesome with Nicks art work on it. She has come up to me now and has warned me that as soon as she can be old enough she will get tattoos on her because she thinks there freaking cool. I almost choked on my orange juice when she told me this, I only smiled thinking about the face Emmy would have made had she heard her daughter. Her stitches will come off tomorrow just in time for thanksgiving which I will be having at moms. I am not looking forward to it but I promised them I would be there or Evelyn’s sake.

Damn someone is knocking? Please don’t tell me Heather forgot her key? And why is she out so early from the bar? Ok I’m coming…oops I meant to say that. I’ll be back later.

Mattie.

*******

Alex extended the rose toward Mattie as she opened the door. “I’m sorry babe please let me talk,” he said in a desperate manner. “I have to see you and I truly am sorry.”

Mattie sighed and tried to show no emotion when she realized who was at her door at that time. She took the rose bringing it to her nose inhaling the very subtle rose smell. She moved to the side as she allowed Alex in. after closing the door she finally spoke, “Why are you here? Don’t you have work?”

“I am the boss remember,” Alex said giving her a shy smile with his hands in his pockets. “You haven’t answered my calls and you hang up on me so I had to come and see you here, or do you prefer for me to go looking for you at your job?” he asked as he got near her.

Mattie stepped back and began to walk to her living room the rose still in hand, “Ok well what do want to talk about?”

“About how sorry I am that I acted so stupid at the hospital and letting our secret out like that. But you have to admit that Nick was being a little show off being all touchy feely with you knowing that you are mine.” He said as he knelt beside where she had taken a seat. “And you didn’t do anything to stop him… I thought you had said he knew the real story about us and why we weren’t so public about our relationship.”

Mattie sighed and looked straight into Alex’s eyes. “Alex I trust you… you have to trust me. I get just as fucking jealous when Sharon is all over you the few times I have seen you with her…. like that day at the hospital. But I didn’t blow up and beat the crap out of her…”

“Point taken,” Alex said as he gave her a smirk. “That would have been one hell of a fight if she weren’t pregnant I mean.”

“Alex I’m serious here,” Mattie said smiling at his comment. “I punched Ricky that day it hurt my hand like a bitch but he got the worst part of it.” Mattie said as she moved the hand that had punched Ricky that day… it wasn’t purple anymore and the pain was gone.

“Good he deserves it,” Alex said taking her hand and softly kissing it all over with soft kisses.

Mattie closed her eyes as Alex kissed her hand, “I’ve missed you,” she admitted in a whisper as she continued to enjoy Alex’s lips on her hand.

“I have missed you to,” Alex said as he stood up pulling her to him and crashing his lips on hers.

Mattie only returned the fiery kiss with in her own passionate way. “Alex just promise me you will trust me…”

“I will try baby,” Alex said as he stopped kissing her his eyes penetrating hers. “But just tell me I want to hear you say it… your mine.”

Mattie felt butterflies in her stomach as he asked her to say those words, the truth was she was his heart and soul but yet the way he said did scare her a little but as she felt his lips on her neck nibbling away she only could agree in a whimper she said it… “I’m yours.”

*******

Alex put his keys on the key hanger by the door as he made back to his house. He was exhausted and even if nothing happened between him and Mattie aside from talking and making out he felt better.

He froze when he saw a very mad Sharon sitting on the sofa. “What are you doing up?” he asked as he realized she was dressed pretty sensual.

“It’s five in the morning Alex,” Sharon said standing up and walking up to him. “Your bar closes at one, where the hell have you been? I had taken my time fixing your room into a very romantic scene candles and all. But you never showed up!” she said raising her voice.

“I had to stay late… I did inventory and shit! Besides I never told you to wait up for me.” Alex said defensively as he walked away.

“I am your wife Alex!” Sharon yelled as she walked behind him.

Alex froze in his walk and turned to face her… “You’re not my wife you are simply the mother of my child and I thought I made that clear…”

“Is that so? Then why have we been together then… I thought we are making an effort here?” Sharon said anger apparent in her voice.

“No you keep seducing me your whole hormones and how the baby kicks… I don’t want it to happen again Sharon… Just lets wait till the baby is born and then we can talk about a relationship. Right now I just want to be here for the baby. He walked away leaving her standing there.

It hadn’t taken Alex more than five minutes to be in his dream world when a scream woke him up, he cursed as he lost the dream of him and Mattie having a nice time on the beach. “Sharon?” He asked as he stood up and walked toward her room.

“Alex!” Sharon said as he screamed again she was in bed holding onto her stomach. “I think Landon is coming.” She managed to say as she again screamed.

Alex looked at her confused and was wide awake, “You can’t your not even seven months yet.” He said panicking.

“Just get me to a hospital,” Sharon said smiling a little at the sudden care and attention Alex was giving her.

*******
Chapter End Notes:
Ok here is another chapter... please review its a little short but the next will be worth it promise. enjoy