- Text Size +
“Good morning,” Mattie said smiling at Heather who had just come out of her room yawning.

“Please don’t scream,” Heather asked rubbing her temples. “I feel like shit,” she said as she took a seat on the table.

“I would think you would feel refreshed…” Mattie said as she poured coffee into a cup. “Black with no sugar great for hangovers” she said as she placed in front of Heather.

“Ugh, no sugar…” Heather moaned as she took a big gulp. “I hate this… no more mixed liquor drinks for me…”

“Oh no don’t tell you did your famous “Caught in the act” drink!” Mattie said chuckling. “Did you give it to Nick too?”

“Ugh… crap Nick!” Heather said forcing herself to take another gulp of the coffee. “He’s still knocked out… but he kept asking for one after another.”

“So what happened?” Mattie asked with curiosity.

“Well you don’t know what your missing,” Heather said raising her eyebrows. Heather was about to spill her guts out when they were interrupted by someone clearing his throat.

“Man my head is killing me,” Nick said as he took a seat next to Heather.

Heather sighed heavily and pushed her cup of coffee toward Nick, “This helps a little,” she told him as she saw Nick sniff the cup. “Black coffee no sugar,” she told him.

Mattie rolled her eyes and went into the kitchen coming back with a bottle of Tylenol… “Here this will help more,” she told them chuckling.

*******

November came and went; Mattie and Alex continued to see each other. It was not a secret affair to the people they were close to… It was Wednesday and Mattie had just left Evelyn with her mother… she was going to meet Alex at the boat there favorite place for reunion.

She was walking down the dock when she spotted Alex he was standing on the boat a cigarette in hand, “Hey there handsome,” she told him with a sly grin on her face.

“Hey,” he answered as he helped her onto the boat. He didn’t wait long to crash his lips on hers. “I’ve missed you…” he said as he began to pull her into the boat and down to the room it had.

“We just saw each other yesterday,” she chuckled as she allowed him to remove her blazer. He sat on the couch and pulled her on top of him. Soon they were cuddled and just simply enjoying being in the arms of one another… “I don’t know if I should get Evelyn a puppy… she told me she wanted one but I don’t know…” she said as she put her hand in his pocket pulling out the packet of cigarettes.

“Hmm… I thought you had quit,” he asked with a small grin. “A puppy would be nice, it will distract her…”

“I did… and I now smoke occasionally only. Like right now that I am with you and after great sex… with you of course.” She kissed him before she put a cigarette in her mouth and lit it. She exhaled the smoke and spoke again, “I just don’t know what kind to get her… I mean it’s obvious it’s going to be living in my house… I don’t want a huge dog and I don’t like Chihuahua’s there to weird looking.” She shivered as she pictured a Chihuahua running around in her house.

Alex looked at her pensive and then chuckled as he took the cigarette from her hand and took a drag, “I think I know just what to get… leave it to me babe. I already made arrangements for Brian to take the boat on Saturday and have a party on it for Evelyn.”

“No, Alex you don’t have to do that,” Mattie said taking her cigarette back. “I don’t think I can be here and not see you… I can just throw her a small party at home.”

“I want to do it for Evelyn,” Alex said a little serious… “I am doing it for Evelyn and I just might be there just to piss Sharon off.” He kissed her cheek.

Mattie sighed and smiled, “You’re just to much Alex…. I love you.” she finished her cigarette and reached for the ash tray to put out the cigarette butt.

“I love you… I never stopped loving you I just learnt to live without you.” he sighed and then he kissed her temple. “How I wish you were having my baby…”

Mattie looked up at him and saw the look on his face, “Alex these things happen and even after this whole ordeal I can still have more of you babies.” She gave him a smile.

“Yeah?” Alex asked a little surprised with her comment. “You would like to have a baby with me?”

Mattie nodded and straddled him, “Yes… I want kids of my own and with whom better than you…” she took his lips in hers ending the conversation.

*******

December 20, 2010
Time: 11:00pm
Location: My room
Emotion: melancholy

I have to say I have neglected you for quite a long time and today I am finally catching up with you. I just have had a lot going on. from keeping an affair and Evelyn’s fall. Oh and lets not forget Heather and Nicks relationship. Man they are like rabbits… I have walked in on them a few times…

Ok but enough about that… I am sad because my father has been on my mind since last week… he passed on 15th I remember it clearly. I went to his grave and left him flowers and I went to moms and stole a few of our family home videos which I have been watching nonstop since then. I miss my father… Christmas is soon approaching and this is year it will be even sadder than last I assume since now Emmy will not be there.

I have arranged for Evelyn and I to go see them on Christmas day leave them some flowers. I don’t want Evelyn to forget these important times and I think it will be very sweet to have her be there with them for a little bit. I did catch her crying this weekend when she stayed with me. I hugged her and asked many times what was wrong with her but nothing could make say it, but I saw it in her eyes. It was finally hitting her that her parents weren’t on a vacation and would not come back….nope they were gone and she missed them. Who wouldn’t in such times as these…? Christmas is supposed to be family holiday.

I tried my best to make her understand that eventually she would be able to go through with life and that her parents were always going to be in her heart. That’s why I know our visit to see them will help it always helps me when I go see dad. It’s hard to see her so down when on her birthday she looked so happy and she loved her puppy. A cute little Yorkie that Alex got for her but put my name on it. I told him I would pay him back but he won’t allow me to.

I have to go… I actually do need some sleep. But I will try to come back and write sooner. I guess I can admit it helps me clear my mind.

Mattie.

*********

“I won!” Evelyn said in excitement as she hit Nick with the wii control on the head.

“I let you win,” Nick said grabbing Evelyn and tickled her to the ground.

“Alright enough,” Mattie said as she put her hands on her hip. “I need you tp get ready Evelyn we promised to be at Brian’s early this time.”

“Heather?” Nick said standing up. “Is she still in the shower?” he asked grinning a little.

“Yes and don’t Nick right now the house is rated G… go make yourself useful and wash this you and Evelyn dirtied them anyway.” She handed Nick the bowl of popcorn and two cups.

“You sound like mom you know,” Nick said giving her goofy smile.

“Good so what are you waiting for?” Mattie said in a motherly voice.

An hour later they were all packed in Nick’s car and on the way to Brian’s. “Hey aunt Mattie do you have a new years restolution?” Evelyn asked as she looked out the window.

“Do you mean resolution sweets?” Mattie asked as she laughed.

“Yes that, it’s hard to say just like hippmoutomous.” Evelyn said giggling.

“Hippopotamus.” Nick said correcting Evelyn.

“So do you aunt Mattie?” Evelyn asked again ignoring Nick.

“I don’t know I guess I haven’t really thought about it,” Mattie said when in her heard she knew what her resolution was… to win Evelyn’s custody and be with Alex out in the open.

“I do,” Evelyn said turning to stare at her aunt.

“Yeah? What’s that?” Mattie asked curiously as the other two Heather and Nick also looked curious.

“Mhmm… I can’t tell you if not it won’t happen and I want it to happen.” Evelyn said with a mischievous smile.

********

It was exactly eleven pm an hour till new years. Everyone was enjoying there drinks, when Brian’s phone rang.

“Hello?” Brian said into the receiver.

“Hey sorry we couldn’t make it to the party,” Alex said as he heard the people in the background.

“Hey it’s ok I get it,” Brian said a smile on his face. “Is she feeling better?”

“I think so she is asleep, I don’t know if this time it is the Braxton Hicks symptoms. But her water hasn’t broken and she still has a month to go…” he sighed heavily into the phone.

“Well call me anything… you sure you ok?” Brian asked as he walked farther away from the party and into a secluded area in his home.

“Well no I’m not ok, I have something that has me bothered. See I kind of slept with Sharon a few times since she moved in… but it was not my doing. I just don’t know if I should tell Mattie or not. She trusts me and I have failed her…” he sighed again.

“Wow,” Brian said and took a deep breath too. “I mean how was it not your doing? Maybe you still have feelings for Sharon.”

“NO,” Alex said quickly. “I don’t she came on to me and well…” Alex said not being able to say it. “You get the picture, I just needed to get out of my system its been killing me.”

“Well Brian said rubbing his neck, if I were you I would tell Mattie myself. You know Sharon will if she gets the chance.” Brian said.

“I know but what if she breaks up with me? I can’t loose her Brian, I love her.”

“Well technically she can’t break up with you per say but then again who am I to understand your relationship with her, just tell her. I have a feeling she will understand.”

“I guess your right,” Alex said and then his eyes widened. “Shit we are about to hit a new year. I will let you go so you could go celebrate. Happy new year man.”

“Same and remember I am here.” Brian said.

*******

Alex was out in the patio watching the fire works signaling a new year. He was also thinking about what Brian said. He lit a cigarette and exhaled when he heard Sharon call his name.

“Alex,” Sharon said as she felt a sharp pain. “Fuck I don’t think this is false labor!” she said as her water broke.

“Shit did your water just break?” Alex asked as he stomped on the cigarette and ran to her side.

“YES!” Sharon said with a scream as she held to him. “Landon is coming,” she managed to say as Alex guided her back into the house.

“Ok lets get you to the hospital.” Alex said as he ran and got the necessary things. As he drove to the hospital he dialed Brian’s number.

He hung up after his voice mail answered. “We are almost there,” he told Sharon who was actually pretty calm she would scream but not so bad.

“OK just hurry,” she said from the back seat.

Alex nodded and answered his phone when he saw Brian was returning the call. “Landon is coming,” he managed to say as he saw the emergency entry to the hospital.

“Oh wow ok well I’m on the way… don’t panic,” Brian said smiling as he hung up. He turned to look at the rest of the group that was still celebrating with them.

“Alex is having the baby!” he gave Leighanne a smile.

“Oh wow,” Leighanne said standing up. “We should go.”

“Yeah we should I don’t know if any of you want to come.” He knew the answer but he still felt like he needed to ask. He saw the look on Mattie's face she was in turmoil.

*******

Alex was busy making the call to Sharon’s mother and just going crazy on his own as Sharon was taken in. He was scared shitless… but yet something in his chest grew and he smiled in between all the chaos. His son was coming…. He also needed to call his mother who he had not even mentioned about a child.

Even if that sound of that scared because he knew he would get the lecture of his life nothing really mattered. The happiness of knowing his son was coming made it all better.
Chapter End Notes:
ooh, Landon is coming... and with him a big surprise... hehe well in the next chapter. Hope you like it and please review!