- Text Size +
January 2, 2011
Time: 11:00am
Location: My room…(watching Alex sleep.)
Emotion: curious and worried.

So early this morning I wake up to my phone vibrating like crazy, I answer it because I saw it was Alex. He was outside my house wanting for me to let him in. I got a little worried by this so of course I went to let him in, I would have done anyway. From that point on all I can remember correctly is the passionate kiss that woke me up. I didn’t understand why though, I tried to get him to tell me why he was here and why he was crying. Alex was crying and it made my heart drop.

I have been super patient and haven’t woke him up; I am sure he needs the rest and I have been tempted in calling Brian. I’ve seen his phone and he has several missed calls from Brian and a few from his mother. I know something really bad must have happened. I just don’t want to wake him for that, he will tell me said he would. He’s been asleep for quite sometime… I have managed to feed Evelyn and after telling Heather what I knew so far she volunteered to take Evelyn to the Zoo, of course that meant Nick and his nephew were going.

I really appreciate Heather and what she’s done today for me. Now it’s just me and Rocky sitting on this nice couch watching Alex sleep. I am worried at this point I am and if he doesn’t wake up soon, I am going to have to call Brian. Wait he’s stirring, I have to go but I tell you later.

Mattie.

*********
Alex stretched and his hand searched for Mattie but her side of the bed was empty. He sat up and looked around quickly he spotted her sitting on the couch she had in her room. She had on a small smile on her face, “How long have you been up?” he asked as he rubbed the sleep from his eyes.

“Well since Evelyn came knocking on my door oh I don’t three hours ago.” She said smiling as she stood up and walked up to him. “You needed the rest…so how about you take a shower while I fix you something to eat. I have an extra tooth brush in there you can use.” She leaned in and kissed his forehead.

“A shower sounds nice, but I didn’t bring any clothes.” Alex said as he stood up stretching.

Mattie gave him a sly grin as she grabbed the elastic of his boxes and pulled them down. “Don’t worry I’ll put these to wash with you pants and shirt… for now you can you my robe.” She said standing back up checking out her naked boyfriend who was only smiling back at her.

“What about Evelyn she will see me in your robe,” Alex said taking the robe from her hand.

“Evelyn is at the zoo with Heather no worries,” she told him giving him a playful push toward the bathroom. “I will be in the kitchen when you’re done ok?” she told him as she picked up his clothes from the floor.

“Ok, you sure you don’t want to join me?” he asked from the door way.

Mattie eyed him and smirked, “Tempting but not right now…” she said as she walked out of her room Rocky right behind her.

********

Mattie was busy preparing Alex some lunch. She had not noticed that Alex was watching her with a small smile on his face. “It smells really nice.” He commented as he walked up to her his arm going around her waist. “Hi,” he said kissing her cheek.

“Hi, you look better… squeaky clean. You smell nice…ooh all you need now is a razor.” She told him as she turned to face him.

“I’ll clean up my beard soon enough.” He told her taking her by surprise when he kissed her.

Mattie got caught up in the kiss she almost forgot about her pork chops. “Hungry?” she asked as he pulled away so she could turn them around.

“Very…” he said eyeing what she was cooking. “I guess it’s too late for breakfast huh?” he said as he walked to her coffee maker pouring himself some coffee.

“Yeah… I am hungry too so that’s why I am cooking.” She told him as she continued to busy herself with the food on the stove. “Oh by the way your wallet and stuff is in the counter over there. You have quite a few missed calls… if you want to take care of them while I finish up here.” She said when what she really wanted was to ask him to talk.

“Oh, thanks.” Alex said eyeing his things from where he stood. “I’ll take care of that later. Need any help?”

“Nope almost done, just could you hand me two plates from there?” she pointed toward the direction and watched Alex get her the plates. “Do you feel refreshed?” she asked him as she took the plates from him.

“Yeah… I really haven’t been sleeping well and then with yesterdays shit well it took a toll on me.” he said his face turning serious. “I’m glad I have you though,” he said turning to smile at her.

“Yeah? I will be here always babe,” she told him as she began to serve the plates.

“Sharon lied to me… the baby isn’t mine.” He said bluntly as he finished his coffee. “The worse part she didn’t even tell me there was a possibility that someone else could be the dad. So when I went to see my “son” it turns out that he wasn’t mine. He’s half black…”

Mattie’s mouth was open as she heard him… “Oh, babe I am so sorry.” She told him as she set the plates on the table and went up to him hugging him.

“She tried to make me feel guilty by saying she honestly thought it was mine since we had sex often… and that she only met this guy once at a bar when we were still dating. I don’t give a fuck about her but I actually thought he was mine.” Alex continued as he stood there in Mattie’s embrace.

“I know how much you cared for that baby…I am so sorry Alex.” Mattie said kissing his chin and then his lips.

“I feel even worse though because I really wanted to be that baby’s father even if it wasn’t you who was pregnant… I had already come to sort of accept it. Yet at the same time I feel relieved… because now I can go on with my real intentions. To marry you.” he said seriously as he cupped her face. “I’m evil aren’t I?”

Mattie shook her head, “No your not how were you suppose to know this was going to happen. I can certainly understand how you feel about it…but we’ll get through I am here for you.”

“I want to set a date for our wedding.” He said seriously making her look at him. “Soon… I know that it will help with the custody battle.”

Mattie smiled at him, “Ok I will think about a date but for right now let’s eat.”

“Just because I am hungry am I going to let you get away without more on this conversation, but Mattie you are marrying me so you better set a date or I will kidnap you and take you to Vegas; where will get hitched through a drive through!” he told her smacking her behind as he followed her to the table.

*******

“Ok I won’t mention a thing!” Evelyn said as she changed into her pajamas. She had come back from the zoo and was surprised to find Alex there. She had heard about him having a baby.

“Hey aunt Mattie?” Evelyn said as she sat still so Mattie could brush her hair.

“Yes sweets,” Mattie said as she brushed her hair.

“So since Sharon is no longer in the picture does that mean you and Alex are boyfriend a girlfriend again?”

Mattie laughed and poked Evelyn’s side, “That is none of your business young lady. But if you must know… yes.”

“Good because I was getting sick and tired of trying to be nice to Sharon she was mean.” Evelyn said making a face. “So can he go with us when they take my cast off?”

“I’ll ask him see if he wants to remember he is sad still so be nice to him ok?” Mattie said as she finished with her hair.

“I will,” Evelyn said as she walked out of her room and into the living room where Alex sat watching the news. “Alex I just wanted to say good night.” she told him as she got near him and climbed on his lap.

“Oh ok good night, but you have to tell me how the zoo was tomorrow ok?” Alex said as he gave her a smile.

“I can tell you now, my favorite were the flamingos they are so pretty… we also so a huge crocodile. It was fun we have to go together sometime. Hey Alex?” Evelyn said as she hugged him.

“Yeah?” Alex asked as he hugged her back.

“I am happy you are back and can I tell you a secret?” she asked him in a whisper.

“Ok,” he said eyeing her curiously.

“I like you, you make my aunt Mattie happy. Are you going to marry her?”

Alex laughed at her and then cleared his throat, “I am going to marry her and you are going to be our flower girl.”

“Again a flower girl… man that is hard work but I would do it again for you and Mattie.” She gave him a grin and put her finger to her mouth when she heard Mattie coming.

“Ok Evelyn time for bed…” Mattie said eyeing Alex and Evelyn suspiciously. “What are you too hiding?”

“Nothing,” Evelyn said quickly as she kissed Alex on the cheek and jumped of his lap. “I am ready for you to tuck me in Aunt Mattie. Could you also leave Justin Beiber playing on my iPod…? I can sleep faster like that.” she gave her a grin.

“We’ll see,” Mattie said as she took her hand. “I’ll be right back ok?”

Alex nodded with a grin as he watched them both disappear. He sighed as he realized he had been given another chance to live his life. He had spoken to his mother and had told her everything including his reunion with Mattie. She was thrilled to hear about them being together again and was even happier to learn that Landon wasn’t his. Denise had always made it clear that she did not like Sharon.

Now all he wanted to ask Mattie if he could move in here with her. He just couldn’t be at his house and he definitely liked it here with Mattie. He was happy right? But why did he still keep seeing the baby’s face when he closed his eyes. It wasn’t his son… yet he felt sorry for him? He only wondered how Sharon was going to do it… raise him and what was she going to tell him when he asked about his father. He shook his head again and tried not to think about it anymore…

******

After another hour of watching the TV with Alex beside her Mattie decided it was best to go bed. “Shall we head to bed?” she asked Alex who was dosing off either way.

“Yeah,” he managed to say as he stretched and stood up taking her hand. “What about Heather does she have her own key?” he asked as he eyed the lock door.

“Yeah she will be fine if she doesn’t end up at Nicks house, see I told you I would hook them up.” She said as she followed him to her room.

“Yeah you did say that,” Alex said as he pulled into her room shutting the door and in the process pinning her to it. “Now…” he said as he nuzzled her neck with is chin. “I have some plans for us tonight.”

Mattie only smiled and moaned when she felt his hand under her shirt. “We have to be a little quiet though remember Evelyn is only down the hall.” She said in a whisper as she felt the cool air as her shirt was tossed to the floor.

“Oh I will be very quiet…” told her as he began to unzip her pants. “I love you Mattie.”

“I love you too,” She told him as she also began to undress him. She was pushing him toward the bed, she was loosing any sense of control as she felt his kisses his touch.

“Aunt Mattie?”

Alex sighed in disappointment as Mattie’s eyes snapped opened when she heard Evelyn and the knock on her door. She cleared her throat and began to put her shirt back on in the process throwing Alex his clothes. “Yes sweets?” she asked as both she and Alex hurried to put there clothes back on.

“I can’t sleep I am scared and Rocky is too,” Evelyn said as Mattie opened the door.

“Oh sweetie why not? Do you want me to check the under the bed for you?” Mattie asked as she patted Evelyn’s head.

“No you’ll get scared too… Can Alex check for me…I think I saw big foots leg under my bed.” she said as she hugged Rocky.

“Well…” Mattie said eyeing Alex who was smiling.

“Yeah let’s go investigate,” Alex said walking to the door he pinched Mattie’s butt and quickly whispered into her ear… “I owe you but we will finish this later.” he winked at her as he followed Evelyn.

Mattie giggled and followed them to Evelyn’s room.
Chapter End Notes:
Ok here is the next chapter hope you like. I would love your feedback... enjoy!