- Text Size +
Alex smiled as he put the paper on the pillow for Mattie to find and read. He smiled as he saw Evelyn cuddled with Mattie. It turned out that no matter how much assurance he had given Evelyn about Big Foot not being under her bed she opted to sleep with Mattie.

Meaning he was left to the couch, his back was killing him. Yet wouldn’t have changed anything ok maybe he would have had a little more alone time with Mattie. But he had something plan for that later… he walked out and into his car on thing in his mind.

He already had everything planned in his head and he knew where he needed to go. three place, one his house and make sure everything that belonged Sharon be sent to her; two see Leighanne about wedding plans because knowing Mattie she was not going to decide so he had to do… he wasn’t going to loose her this time and finally the biggest of them all see his future mother in law he was old fashioned and he there was a chance he would get told off. But he was going to try either way… he wanted Mrs. Bensons approval to take Mattie’s hand in marriage.

******

Mattie woke up with Evelyn cuddled next to her and a smile spread on her face as she remembered the events from the night before. Alex had behaved so well with Evelyn and the monster she swore she saw under her bed.

She also remembered the face he made when he realized that Evelyn was not going to stay her room but in hers instead. He had stayed with them till Evelyn went to sleep and then he got up and took the couch.

She felt a little worried he seemed to be in his thoughts for to long and he was not eating right well she really shouldn’t worry about that yet because only yesterday had he found out the child he thought he was going to have was no longer his. It made her happy the news but also sad to see the way he had taken the news.

She had by then seen the note and smiled… he had gone to his house to get his stuff moved to her house. They had talked about that yesterday… he didn’t want that house anymore and she had laughed at his other explanation, “Besides your about to be married to me so why not just start practicing the married life.”

Marriage, yep that was the scary part for Mattie. Maybe just maybe that’s why she had run away the first time from here, because she knew where her relationship with Alex was heading. But no she wanted this right? It was obvious she loved him and he was a great catch yet why was this whole marriage thing still bugging.

“Aunt Mattie,” Evelyn spoke as she waved her good hand in front of her.

“Yes sweets?” Mattie said coming back from her thoughts.

“Where’s Alex?” she asked her with a curious look.

“He went to do some errands but he will be back later…” Mattie said as she got up and went straight to her bathroom, “go brush your teeth so we can start breakfast,” she told Evelyn before she began to brush her own.

“Yay because I am hungry!” Evelyn said as he ran off to her room Rocky following her.

*******
“I don’t know Alex,” Leighanne said as she took a seat on the chair. “maybe you should let her tell me.”

“I am going to tell her but I want you to take care of it all… invitations and what not. I don’t want nothing big… Just something small and personal a few people, close friends and family. I am just going to give her the ring and the date… all she has to do is find a dress if not fine I’ll marry in jeans.” Alex said as he took a seat in front of her eyeing the menu.

“Ok tell you what, I will do it after you call me from telling her. I just want you to tell her first that’s all… I like the whole planning thing.” She told him smiling as she saw Brian walking up to them.

“What are you doing holding up my employee like that!” Brian said with his hands on his hips.

Alex rolled his eyes and stood up to hug his friend. “Hey sorry for running out on you and Leigh like I did that day at the hospital. I just had to run….” He said giving him a smile.

“I already told you we understood Alex…” Leighanne said patting Alex on the shoulder.

“Are you ok though?” Brian asked eyeing his friend worriedly.

“Better than fine, I was just here to hire Leighanne as my wedding planner. I have just closed the deal with her, and I must go.” he said as he looked at his watch.

“I didn’t say yes!” Leighanne said laughing.

“You will after I call you…” Alex said winking at her before he began to walk out of the restaurant.

“Ok when’s the wedding and is it to Mattie?” Brian asked still feeling left out on the whole conversation.

“Leigh can fill you in,” He yelled as he walked out and into his car. As he closed the door and the ignition was on he sighed. Now it the hard part Mattie’s mother and he knew somehow Ricky too.

Without really thinking he was already there, he couldn’t help but smile the freaking house looked the same since he remembered it. He eyed the window he would climb in to see Mattie almost every night and then every Saturday night when he came home from Palm Beach where he attended college. He wiped his hands on his pants and sighed as he realized that this conversation was really over due… eleven years or so if it would have been for to have decided.

He did a quick prayer and stepped out the car as he walked up the path to the door he felt like bolting but he knew better. He took a deep breath and was startled when he saw Josie sitting on the porch it was apparent she was due any day.

“What brings you here Alex? Mattie is not staying here you know,” Josie said as she took a sip of her lemonade.

“Hi Josie nice to see you too…” Alex said as he got a better view of her and it only brought back the memory of Sharon being pregnant. He sighed and swallowed as he pushed that memory away. “I know Mattie is not here,” Alex said after he smiled.

“Oh so then who are you looking for?” Josie said as she tried to stand up. He signaled for her not to stand.

“I want to talk to your mother actually,” he said finally saying it.

“About what could you possible want to talk to me about?” Louise said coming out of the house.

“Mrs. Benson,” Alex said as he smiled. “Well I was wondering if I could speak with you in private.”

“What for Josie will find out anyway,” Louise said bluntly.

“Fine,” Alex said sighing, “ma’am I’ve known you all my life and I always thought we got along fine.” He suddenly began to feel hot.

“Well I don’t know about that, you knocking up some girl and cheating on her with my daughter really doesn’t come up high on my list of friends. You mother she was a nice lady… I think she spoiled you though a little to much.” She said with a very pompous tone.

Alex only smiled nervously, “I beg your pardon Mrs. Benson but you can’t believe everything you here, Sharon was my girlfriend and we had broken up before Mattie showed up. Now just so you know the kid she had isn’t even mine, but that is not the reason why I am here. I am here because I love your daughter Mattie, I have always loved her.”

“Well Alex I am glad you find her attractive because she is one conniving woman, I bet she was with Emmy when she made that stupid will.” She said turning to look at Josie.

“You know what Mrs. Benson,” Alex said finally his voice firmer. “I can’t believe you can express yourself like that about you daughter your flesh and blood. By god that is the most horrendous thing I have ever witnessed… how can you love some of your kids more than the others? The Mrs. Benson I remember was not bitter and despiteful as you are now! Mattie just as all your other kids have different qualities and I know that Mattie would do anything for you… I still can’t understand you sudden change toward her. She is not to blame for what happened to your husband Mrs. Benson. Yeah she told me about it,” he said now infuriated by her. “I wanted to come here to tell you that I wanted your consent in me taking Mattie as my wife. I wanted to be the one to tell you that she was ready to settle and that we would love for you to be there… but you know what now I can see why Mattie wouldn’t want this. I should’ve thought it through more… but one thing I do have to say. I love your daughter very much and I am going to marry her. Isn’t that one of the reasons you don’t like her? well now you can erase that one off your list on reasons to despise her. I am leaving but not before I say how much I regret coming… You say Mattie is fucked up but maybe you should reanalyze everything maybe she is not the only that is Fucked up.” Alex said finally breathing as he walked away leaving a baffled Josie and Louise on the porch.

“Real fucking bad idea,” Alex said as he sped away.

*******

“Evelyn?” Mattie smiled as she found her on the couch fast asleep with Rocky right beside her.

It was almost four in the afternoon and she knew according to the note Alex had left that he would soon arrive. So she picked Evelyn up and took her to her room, after tucking her in she walked out just as Heather was up.

“Hey how was your sleep.” Mattie asked as she eyed Heather she was already dress and was getting her purse ready.

“Great, I just realized I am a night person… I am a night owl. I have to go I told Nick I would meet him in town for a late lunch before heading to work.” Heather said as she kissed Mattie on her way out.

Mattie sighed as she watched Heather walk out and then she walked to the kitchen where the two frozen pizzas were. It had been Evelyn’s choice today and she wanted pizza. She put the two Pepperoni pizza’s in the oven putting the timer on it so they would not burn.

She had just taken a seat on the couch when the door opened and she saw Alex with some luggage on his hands. “Hi honey I’m home!” he said with a big cheesy smile on his face. “I always wanted to say that.”

Mattie rolled her eyes as she went up to him. “Welcome home,” she said before she crushed her lips on his.

Alex soon forgot about his luggage as he dropped on the foyer so his hands could go on her waist instead. “I believe we have something finish.” he told her as he closed the door to the house and carrying her in his arms to the couch.

He laid her down and began to kiss her when he remembered Evelyn. “Crap let me not get carried away.” he said stopping and looking at Mattie with a weak smile.

“She’s asleep,” Mattie said pulling on him again taking his mouth again a light moan escaping his mouth.

They were barely getting at it when Evelyn voice was heard. “Rocky get back here!” she yelled from the hall making Alex jump and readjust his pants and shirt.

“Aunt Mattie Rocky has my ring in his mouth!” Evelyn yelled as she made to the living room totally forgetting about Rocky when she saw Alex. “Alex your back and in time we are having pizza today!”

Alex smiled and picked her up in an embrace. “Yay I love pizza, so what does Rocky have that’s yours?” he asked as Mattie turned a shade of red from almost getting caught.

“Oh right my ring…” Evelyn said sliding off his arms and to the couch where Rocky now sat… “Rocky where is my ring?” Evelyn asked as she moved him and checked all around.

“Uhoh I thing Rocky ate it Evleyn.” Mattie said with a smirk on her face… “What ring was it?” she asked.

“My Selena Gomez ring!” she said with annoyance.

“Don’t worry sweetie we’ll get it back we just have to watch Rocky very carefully for the next few days.” Alex said patting her shoulder.

“Why you think hid it?” Evelyn asked curiously.

“Well not technically but lets just say what goes in always comes out.” Alex said chuckling.

“What does that mean?” Evelyn asked rolling her eyes.

“That Rocky will poop it out Evelyn eventually.” Mattie said laughing too.

“Ewww I don’t want it back like that you can have it Rocky!” Evelyn said making a face.

“Don’t worry will get you a new one?” Alex said just as the timer on the oven went off.

“OH the pizza is ready!” Mattie said as she ran to the kitchen smiling when she saw Alex Evelyn behind her. Rocky was also running behind them.
Chapter End Notes:
Ok here is another chapter...hope you like. I would love your feedback! :)