- Text Size +
It was past midnight when they arrived back to Clewiston. Mattie had a smile on her face as she looked at Alex beside her and her niece in the back fast asleep. “We should just take Evelyn with us its pretty late,” she said as she muffled a yawn.

“I had already decided on that,” Alex told her giving her small smile. “I had a blast, didn’t you?”

“Yeah Sean is my favorite brother,” Mattie said as she had a flashback of there visit to Orlando. “Orlando is a beautiful place.”

“Yeah,” Alex said as they passed Clewiston city limits and were nearing Bell Glade. “My mother is coming…she is actually arriving at Palm Beach this Wednesday.”

“Your mother?” Mattie said trying to picture her in her head. She had not seen Denise in a very long time but what she did remember was that she was a very nice lady. Denise had liked her when she was dating Alex back in the day. “Is she going to be staying with us?”

“Well since my house hasn’t sold yet I was going to have her stay there, but if you want we can have her stay with us if its ok with you I mean. My mom loves you always had… when I called her and told her about our wedding she sighed; then she said that it was about time.” Alex said eyeing his fiancée suspiciously she didn’t look to happy about it not that he didn’t understand her.

“I’ve always liked your mom she was a very nice lady. I just haven’t seen her in a very long time.” Mattie said smiling nervously and she wanted to tell Alex not to do this to her but the truth was she should try to warm up to her again. “I can fix Heather’s room for her since Heather is going to be moving in with Nick.”

Alex began to laugh and his eyes widen in surprise, “Really when did this happen? Heather moving in with Nick I mean.”

********

Alex came back from putting Evelyn in her bed and found Mattie staring at the box with her wedding dress. “Hey,” Alex said walking up behind her.

“Hey,” Mattie said jumping in surprise and grabbed the box. “You can’t see it till the wedding day.” She told him when he chuckled at her actions.

“Mattie we are definitely not a traditional couple so please don’t tell me this. But, I will respect your wish and not look or take a peak till I see it on you on February 14.” He told her as he wrapped his arms around her waist as he kissed her shoulder.

“Let me put this away,” she told him as she felt her spine shiver at his touch. She chuckled at his pout as she pulled away to put away her dress in the closet. She could not wait to show off her dress it was not a huge gown and it definitely wasn’t something a regular bride would wear but she had liked it and the colors were very her. It wasn’t white it was champagne with black and it fell to her knees. She smiled as she remembered how she had felt when she had tried it on.

“What are you smiling about?” Alex asked as she came back to him with a smile on her face.

Mattie shrugged a little and kissed him instead taking him by surprise when she found the hem of his shirt. She began to pull it up, “Nothing I’m just happy at this moment.” She finally told him as they parted just enough to take his shirt off.

“I’m happy too…and it looks like I am going to get happier.” He chuckled as his mouth made its way down her neck. “We have to be extra quiet though because Evelyn is here.” He murmured as he began to remove her shirt.

Mattie only nodded and moaned softly as she wrapped her hands around his neck. She gladly kissed him back when his lips met hers again. She felt his hands reach for the clasp of her bra and then it was gone and now lay on the floor with the shirts. “Let’s make a baby…” she told him as she began to unbutton his pants.

Alex laughed a little and stopped kissing her, “I am feeling used now,” he said as he watched her work at removing his pants.

Mattie smiled at him, “You know I love you very much and making a baby is just a bonus.” She told him as she kissed his neck and then his shoulders.

Alex only moaned and his hands found the button to her pants as well. “I love you more,” he told her as he took her in his arms and laid her back down on the bed as he removed her pants. “Wait maybe we should lock the door,” he said as he turned to look at the door knob.

Mattie began to laugh as she watched her fiancé walk away to lock the door. “A little paranoid there aren’t we?” she asked him as he came back smiling at her. She stopped laughing though when she felt his hands on her again…

*********

“Hey Alex wake up,” Evelyn said as she patted Alex on the shoulder. He looked very uncomfortable on the big couch. “You can go sleep in the room already, aunt Mattie and I are heading to school.” She told Alex who was bald up on the couch.

Alex moaned and opened one eye to see the little freckled girl staring at him with a smile. She had a tooth missing right in the front, “Ok I’m up.” He said stretching feeling the pain in his muscles from sleeping on the couch.

“Look it came off while I was brushing my teeth…” Evelyn said showing off her gap.

“I see, make sure to put it under your pillow for the tooth fairy.” Alex said patting Evelyn’s head as he stood up. He smiled as he saw is fiancée coming toward them.

“Good morning,” Mattie said smiling at him as well. “How did you sleep?”

“Eh,” Alex said shrugging as he looked over to Evelyn who was watching them. “Did you sleep good Evelyn?”

“Yep my aunt told me I sleep like a baby. Plus I didn’t see any monsters either, I think they only live in my room.” Evelyn said as she picked up Rocky from the floor.

“I’m going to go freshen up real quick don’t leave yet,” Alex told his fiancée as he patted her shoulder as he walked away disappearing into the room he was suppose to share with her only when Evelyn wasn’t there apparently he began to chuckle as he remembered the events from last night he had just locked the door. He had just busied himself with Mattie again when a knock on the door interrupted them, Evelyn was crying as she banged the door.

Mattie smiled as she saw him disappear and felt bad for him. He had to sleep on the couch because Evelyn had gotten a nightmare and did not want to sleep alone. He had been very comprehensive though and without her even telling him he had grabbed a blanket. He had kissed her good night and had walked to the living room to sleep.

“Aunt Mattie could I have bagel? I’m hungry…” Evelyn said interrupting her aunt.

“I thought we were going to stop at McDonalds.” Mattie said smiling at her.

“We will but I still want a bagel with strawberry cream cheese!” Evelyn said pulling her aunt toward the kitchen.

“Ok a bagel it is.” Mattie said as they made it to the kitchen.

Five minutes later Evelyn sat at the table eating her bagel while Mattie made one for her. She smiled when she saw Alex walk in looking a lot better, “Want one?”

“Mhmm,” Alex nodded as he walked up to her and catching her by surprise when he kissed her.

“Eww,” Evelyn said giggling.

Mattie blushed and cleared her throat, “You eat your bagel.” She told Evelyn not being able to keep a straight face. “We have to leave soon, or I will be late to work and you to school missy.”

Alex only laughed as he got himself a glass of orange juice. He stood beside Mattie and leaned into her ear. “You owe me…” he whispered into her ear as his hand wrapped around her waist.

“Later,” She whispered as she kissed him before handing him his bagel. “I have to go. Ready?” Mattie asked Evelyn.

“Yes let’s go!”

“Don’t forget about your tooth,” Alex said before taking a drink from his glass.

********

“Ok I am here,” Mattie said as she finally walked into Leighanne’s house.

“Good, how was work?” Leighanne said with a smile on her face.

“I love my job, everything is good. So what was so important I had t come right away?” Mattie asked she looked through the wedding arrangements Leighanne had laid out on her living room.

“well besides needing your approval on this, what do you think of the centerpieces?” Leighanne asked.

“They are nice… I know you will do a great job. I found my dress.” Mattie said subtly as she looked at the centerpiece.

“Ooooh really can I see it?” Leighanne’s face lit up.

“Yeah I can bring down tomorrow and maybe keep it here to make sure Alex won’t peak?”

“Yeah that’s sound fine. Now I want to share something with you…” Leighanne said biting on her lip as she took Mattie’s hand and pulled her down toward the master bedroom.

“Ok your scaring me,” Mattie said as Leighanne made her stop as she disappeared into the master bathroom and came back out smiling even more. Her hands were behind her back as she stared at her.

“I’m pregnant,” Leighanne said jumping a little as she showed off the pregnancy test to Mattie.

Mattie felt her throat dry and she felt happy she did. She cleared her throat and smiled as she hugged Leighanne. “Congratulations.” She said trying not to sound bitter but she did feel bitter Leighanne was pregnant, she wanted to be pregnant. Why was she not getting pregnant, she had been trying too. “How long have you been trying?” she asked her.

“Oh we really weren’t trying it just happened. I haven’t told Brian yet but I plan too tonight,” Leighanne gushed.

“Well I am happy for you…” Mattie said as she began to find away to leave she wasn’t happy anymore. She knew she shouldn’t feel like this toward her friend’s happiness.