- Text Size +
February 12, 2011
Time: 1:00pm
Location: My mother’s house having a cookout.
Emotion: nervous yet happy?

I have very little time to write but I think its time I updated you on the chaos that has enveloped my family and me. It turns out that my mother got in on the wedding planning with Leighanne and my Anna Lee.

She also did this cookout slash gathering for Alex and me. It was a surprise and the food is delicious. I am happy to see that most of my siblings are warming up to Alex again. Of course Sean is the best he hasn’t stopped making comments about how if he would have bet that I would have ended up with Alex he would have won lots of money.

It makes me wonder if all my family knew that Alex was the one for me. I wonder if Emmy knew all along. Emmy… I wonder if she is watching me from wherever she is and is happy for me. I for sure know she is happy I have moved back to the sunshine state.

Anyway all in all I am very excited in exactly a day in half I will be marrying my first love… Alex. First I have to endure this bachelorette party Leighanne and Anna Lee have planned. I hope there are no strippers… I also am curious to see what Brian has planned for Alex he has been very mysterious about where he is taking him, my brothers and of course Nick.

Oh, and FYI I love my future mother in law. She is still the same warm hearted woman I remember from my younger years. Her husband is such a sweet heart too. When she arrived she surprised me with the hug she gave me. We did have our girl to girl talk it was serious and she told me about how my departure affected Alex. I bit my lip to not let her know that he was not the only one that had suffered with her naïve decision.

Crap… I have to go I hear footsteps down the hall. I bet they are looking for me…

Mattie.

********

“I figured you would be in here,” Alex said as he peaked into the room. He walked into the room that still looked the same nothing had changed. “Wow this room looks the same from when I used to sneak up here back in the days.”

“I guess this was all mom had to remind her of me, she must have not wanted to change it.” Mattie said as she put her journal away and stood up from her old bed.

“Brings back old memories…” he said wiggling his eyebrows. He chuckled as Mattie turned a shade of red. He walked up to her and pulled her toward him. “Do you think we can take a walk down memory lane…” he whispered to her as he took her face in his hands and kissed her softly.

“I think we might get caught,” she told him chuckling at his suggestions. “But it does sound very tempting.” She told him as she stepped away and began to walk toward the door only be stopped by Alex’s grip on her wrist.

“I can be very quiet,” he grinned as he pulled her toward him and then guided her toward a wall. “Besides I have gotten lot of practice on putting my pants up quickly with the sounds of Evelyn’s feet going toward our room. I will be on guard.” He chuckled as he heard her chuckle and slapped him slightly on the shoulder.

“Hmm….” She said kissing him softly on the lips. “I have a feeling that at this very moment they are wondering where we are.” She bit his bottom lip.

“I like taking risks if I recall well we took many back in the days.” He gave her smirk as his hands slid to the buttons on her pants. “Come here,” he whispered in a ragged tone as he opened the door to the closet. “No one will find us here… if we are quiet.” He said as he closed the door behind them.

Mattie smiled as she leaned in and kissed him, “why didn’t we think of this option back then?” she asked as she pulled his shirt up.

“Well there’s always a first time for everything…” Alex said before cutting all conversation as he took her mouth with his.

*********

“There you are,” Anna Lee said as she opened the door to her sister’s old room. “Oh Alex is not here with you?” she asked as she walked to find Mattie staring out the window.

“No he is but he’s in the restroom.” Mattie said pointing toward the restroom. She gave her sister a smile.

“Oh my god… eww Mattie.” Anna Lee said in a hushed tone as she looked at her sister. “You didn’t do what I think you did in here did you?”

Mattie turned a darker shade of red, “Of course not…” she lied as she began to fan herself. “My room has always been the stuffy one… why don’t we head out instead.” She said just as Alex got out of the restroom with the same grin she had on her face.

“I am not twelve anymore Mattie you can’t fool me…” was all Anna Lee said as she eyed them. She shuddered and took her sister’s hand, “Now come on mom is watching Evelyn today we are heading to our bachelorette party.” She smiled again.

“Right now?” Mattie asked as she took a hold of Alex’s arm to try and not get pulled out.

“Yes Brian is taking you away too… so come on he has to get to his party too.” Anna Lee said and smiled triumphantly when Mattie obliged.

“I’ll see you later babe,” Alex said kissing her quickly. “Don’t corrupt my fiancée,” he told Anna Lee who only rolled her eyes.

“I think you have done a good job at that already Alex.” She said as they disappeared leaving Alex standing there grinning.
Chapter End Notes:
Ok hope everyone is still reading this one...