- Text Size +
“Ok you can take off your blindfold,” Leighanne said as she let go of Mattie’s hand.

Mattie quickly took off her blindfold and gasped as she saw SS Matilda lit and adorned very nicely. “Wow, how did you get Alex to lend it to you? Without getting suspicious about it?”

“I didn’t Brian did all the work for me, now ladies today is Mattie’s day. I did get some champagne and drinks for you all. I will be the designated driver when we get back if you had too much to drink because well I can’t drink right now.” She said excitedly as her hand landed on her not noticeable bump yet.

“Alright let’s get this party started…” Heather said as she appeared from nowhere with something in hand. She walked straight to Mattie and put on her head it was a veil.

Mattie rolled her eyes as she followed the crowd of girls mostly made up of sister’s and a few friends. She smiled a little she knew she was going to have fun. Yet curiosity got to her as she wondered what Brian had planned for the guys.

********

Alex began to laugh as he saw where they were. “No we are not Brian.” He said as he was handed a flashlight.

They were standing in the parking lot of the one and only Clewiston High School. “Why not we used to do it back in the day… remember when we snuck in and put itching powder in Max’s gym clothes and football helmet?” Brian said laughing.

“Yeah that son of bitch had it coming from me… but what are we doing here?” Alex asked curiously as he eyed Nick and then the rest of guys with them.

“Ok so as you know I am good friends with the janitor so I got access earlier today to hide something’s around that we will need for the real party so I made these,” he handed everyone a paper with a list. “We are splitting up in two groups and the first to find everything will find the car with the directions to where the party will take place. The loosing group will then ride bikes to the place where there is a big surprise for you…” he told Alex.

“Wait didn’t they say that this High School is haunted?” Sean said as he eyed the school.

“Please don’t tell me you are afraid?” Nick said grinning as he saw the list. “We need to find handcuffs? For what?”

“Ok enough we have a hunt to start since I am the best man I will pair up with Alex, Nick, and Sean.” Brian said as he gave them each a white shirt and the other four a black one.

“Wait so are the doors open for us to just walk in?” someone asked as they began to walk toward the school.

“Nope you have to find a way in, good luck guys.” Brian said as he took the flashlight from Alex’s hand and began to run to the side of the building.

“Wait for us,” Alex said as he followed his friend. “I can’t believe this is my bachelor party. I was expecting a party at the bar a stripper or two. Not having to squeeze my ass through this window.” He said as he saw Brian finally managing to open the window.

“Oh come on you’ll have fun…” Brian grinned as he pointed to the window. “Grooms first.”

*********

“Ok your home,” Leighanne said as she helped Mattie out of her car. “Easy there your pretty wasted.”

Mattie giggled as she held to Leighanne, “I’m getting married…” she told her.

“Yep you are,” Leighanne said as she helped her open the door. “I don’t think Alex is here yet do you want me to stay with you till then?”

“Yesss,” Mattie said a she walked into her house. “Maybe it’s too early for us to be back.” She said as she read the clock on the wall. “It’s only twelve forty five.”

“Yeah and you are wasted,” Leighanne said laughing at her friend. “Now come on lets get you out of those clothes and into something more comfortable.

“No I got a better idea lets go look for the guys… lets see what they are up to.” She said mischievously as she grabbed on to the couch so she wouldn’t fall.

Leighanne groaned, “See I told Anna the tequila shot game was not a good idea… you got ten of fifteen questions about your future husband wrong. Now here you are wasted and wanting to go spy on your fiancé’s bachelor party.”

“For your information… I did know the answers but what can I say I like tequila.” Mattie giggled again “So are you coming or I will go on my own.”

“Wait,” Leighanne said as she answered her phone. “Brian?”

“Ask him where they are at.” Mattie asked giggling.

“I’m on my way… err with a very drunk Mattie. Is my husband ok?” she asked Alex as she took Mattie’s hand.

********

“I’m sorry Alex we ended up ruining your party.” Brian said as he lay in the bed.

“It’s ok I had fun and I’m glad it was only your foot.” Alex said smiling. “But only you think your fifteen.”

“I wanted to feel like back in high school how was I supposed to know I would end up breaking my fibula. I won’t try that again though. I want a blue cast do you think the doctor will let me?” he asked with a smile even though he was in pain.

Alex only laughed and shook his head. “Leighanne is on the way with my fiancée…”

“Oh good my wife is coming so she can take care of me.” Brian said.

“Do you think you can still stand by me at the wedding?” Alex asked as he took a seat.

“Yes I am not going to miss this for the world. You finally tying the not and with your high school sweetheart its epic.”

“How is he?” Leighanne asked as she walked in with a worried face.

“Honey… I broke my fibula trying to do a slam dunk.” He said as he reached for her with his hands.

“You played basketball for your party?” Leighanne asked she walked toward him.

“Oh that sounds boring,” said a giggling Mattie as she walked in.

“Oooh she is drunk.” Brian said as he saw Mattie. “No it was part of a contest I had going on till I broke my fibula… I like that word or is terminology?”

“Mattie here let me take you home.” Alex said as he helped Mattie sit. “Will you be ok if I go?” he asked both Brian and Leighanne.

“Yeah go ahead… sorry this didn’t turn out the way I had planned it.” Brian said.

“It’s ok I still had fun.”