- Text Size +
[Flashback/dream]

“There,” Emmy said as she finished applying on Mattie’s make up. “Alex is going to be the envy at prom.”

“You think,” Mattie said as she looked at her dress… it was black but it was pretty girlie. “I hope he doesn’t think it’s to much…”

“You look gorgeous Mattie and like a girl for one,” Emmy said and then raised her brows when they heard the door bell. “He’s here lets go before dad starts to interrogate him.”

“Yeah,” Mattie said as she nervously put on her shoes.

“Mattie?” Emmy said extended her fisted hand to Mattie.

“What? What is it?” she asked looking at Emmy curiously.

Emmy bit her lip, “well I want you to wear these they will look great with the dress,” she said showing her the earrings.

“Really you are going to trust me with these?” Mattie said taking them and putting them on.

“I will kill you if you loose them.” Emmy said patting Mattie on the butt… you so lucky you got an ass making this dress look so good on you.

“Yeah well I have no boobs,” Mattie said hugging her sister. “Ok well I got to go.”

Mattie took a deep breath and walked down the stairs as she made it to the first floor she could hear Sean talking with Alex. “Hey…” she said nervously not trying to look at him.

Alex turned to look at his girlfriend and was in loss of words, “hey you look beautiful.”

“Thanks,” Mattie said rolling her eyes as Sean laughed.

“Mattie with a dress man we need a camera to capture this moment,” Sean said also all dressed up it was his prom as well.

“Let’s go,” Mattie said sticking her tongue out to Sean.

“You sure you don’t want to ride with us to prom on the limo Steve Morgan got?” Sean asked as Alex and Mattie headed out.

“Yeah we’re sure I borrowed my uncles Mustang.” Alex said flashing the keys.

“Alright well see you there,” Sean said.
“Mom I’m leaving,” Mattie said as they both walked to the door.

“Wait, wait I need a picture,” Louise said coming out with a camera. “Look at you Mattie all girlied up,” she said as the flash almost blinded them.

“Ok mom,” Mattie said blushing.

“Remember by midnight is the latest you can be out,” Louise said looking at Alex.

“Don’t worry Miss Benson she will be here on time.” Alex said smiling at her.

******

“Ready?” Alex asked he parked the car at his high school.

“Yeah,” Mattie said blushing. “You’re coming with me to my prom next year right?”

“Of course you’re my lady,” Alex said as he leaned in and kissed her. “Now before we go I have this to put on your wrist.” He said taking out the corsage.

“Thank you,” she said smiling at him.

Ten minutes later they were in the high school gym, the music on full blast and people dancing. “Do you want to dance?” Alex asked as he leaned into Mattie’s ear.

Mattie leaned into his shoulder whispering, “I don’t know how to dance I will only make a fool of myself.” She blushed as Alex smiled at her comment.

“Ok will dance a slow one then, do you want something to drink?” Alex asked her.

“Yeah…” Mattie nodded as Alex stood up and went to get them drinks.

*********

Mattie rested her head on Alex’s shoulder as the danced a slow song. She was having fun and couldn’t wait for her own prom. “Are you having fun?” she asked him as she gently kissed his neck.

“Very much with you right here,” he smiled at her as he pulled her even closer. “Did you see Brian? He looks like he’s having fun… I am surprised Kim accepted to come with him to prom.”

“Well Brian is a nice guy… he deserves it.” Mattie said glancing over to Alex’s best friend. “What time is it?”

“Its only ten,” Alex said just as the slow song finished. “Do you want to go?”

“No I’m fine unless you want to go…” Mattie said as he took her hand.

“Let’s go take a walk outside?” Alex said taking her hand.

“Ok,” Mattie said as she went along. “It’s a pretty night…isn’t it?”

“Nothing can beat how pretty you look tonight.” Alex said as they walked toward the football field.

“I feel weird actually.” Mattie said as she looked down at her dress. She sighed as they took a seat on the bleachers. “I can tell you this I prefer pants and a shirt better. This whole strapless thing is annoying; you have to keep making sure you don’t flash anyone.” She emphasized what she meant as she pulled on her dress.

He laughed lightly as he looked at her, “I’m going to miss walking you to class,” he confessed as he took her hand in his intertwining there fingers.

“I’m going to miss you too but it will only be during classes then we will see each other… besides you still have a whole month till you graduate.” Mattie said leaning on him.

“I got accepted,” he said smiling. “I start after summer break,” he said knowing well she knew what he was talking about.

“But you’ll come to see me right? It’s only an hour away…” she said.

“Of course my mom got me a car…” he leaned in and kissed her shoulder. “Do you want to head back?”

Mattie shook her head, “No I like it here,” she cuddled into him.

“Your cold?” Alex asked her as he wrapped his arm around her shoulders.

“I am wearing a strapless dress,” Mattie said giggling as she felt Alex’s lips on her neck. She closed her eyes shivering as she allowed him to continue. She moaned softly as Alex moved her hair away and continued to kiss her neck.

“Do you want to get out of here?” he asked her as he kissed her chin and lightly tugged on her earlobe with his teeth.

“Where are we going?” she asked him softly.

He stopped kissing her and cleared his throat, “I don’t know we can drive around…whatever you want.” He said smiling at her leaning in and kissing her mouth.

“Ok,” she said standing up.

********

“This is nice,” Mattie said as she cuddled with him in the convertible mustang looking into Lake Okeechobee.

“A very girlie thing to say,” Alex giggled knowing Mattie was rolling her eyes.

Mattie looked up to him and kissed him taking him by surprise, she didn’t know what she was doing but she knew what she wanted right then and there. She slowly began to unbutton his dress up shirt.

Alex stopped her and looked at her quizzically… “Are you sure?” he asked her looking into her eyes.

Mattie nodded and bit her lip; “unless you don’t want too…” she suddenly became very conscious of what she was doing.

“Mattie,” Alex said making her look up at him. “I just want to make sure you are ok with this…” he kissed her lips softly slipping his tongue into her mouth. “I would love for us to go to the next level but only if you want to,” he said kissing her again.

“I want to…” she whispered to him as he parted from her. “I’m ready…”

Alex smiled at her and then he kissed her… “Ok.” He turned on his car and began to reverse.

“Where are we going?” she asked him as she realized they were leaving.

“You’ll see… somewhere more comfortable.” He winked at her.

*******

“I love you,” Alex said as he kissed her again. “You ok?” he asked concerned as he wiped the small droplets of sweat from her forehead.

She nodded her head as she pulled him back to her mouth kissing him. “I love you too…” she said as she held on to him tighter.

As they lay on his bed hugging each other, “You ok?” Alex asked again as he played with her hair.

“Yes,” she said kissing his shoulder. “What time is it?” she asked him as she rested her head on his chest.

“It’s… fuck, babe it’s 12:45.” Alex said suddenly becoming alarmed. “Your parents are going to kill me…”

“Oh my god Alex I have to get home… I have to get dressed. Wait let me use your phone I know Emmy can help us,” Mattie said as she picked the phone from the side lamp table.

[End of flashback/dream]

Alex woke up as his phone rang on the lamp table beside his bed. He groaned but answered, “Hello” not checking who it was.

“Hey I want to talk to you I am on my way to your house,” Sharon said realizing she had woken up Alex.

“What time is it?” asked Alex as he turned to see the clock. “Fuck it’s ten,” Alex said sighing as he remembered the dream he had had. “I can’t talk today Sharon I am leaving out of town at twelve I have to get ready.”

“What where are you going?” Sharon asked.

“It’s a business trip Brian and I are going out of town. Just I’ll call you when I am back in town.” Alex said hanging up on her; he was tired of her choosing when she wanted to come back into his life.

********

“What do you mean take the truck that you can’t go?” Alex said as he glared at Brian.

“Well what do you want me to say… I feel horrible I am sick and I have a fever.” Brian said as he coughed profusely.

Alex made a face as he saw Brian turn red from coughing… “You do look like crap.” He took the keys from his hand… “Just how conveniently that you got sick. Well I have to go pick her up and I will see you here Monday.”

“All right be careful,” Brian said waving as he went back into his house.

Alex turned on the truck and slowly began to back out of the driveway. He was nervous now having to drive with Mattie all alone. He smiled as he remembered the dream he had, why was he letting Mattie get under his skin. “Because you never got over her Alex that’s why,” he told himself out loud.

He drove in silence to the hotel and smiled when he saw she was already outside waiting for him. “Hey hop in,” he said rolling down his window.

“Where’s Brian?” she asked as she got in sitting in the back seat.

“He has a major case of the flu with fever so he wishes us good luck,” Alex said eying her… “Hop up front with me since Brian is no longer going with us.”

“Awe I feel bad for Brian…” Mattie said as she hopped to the front.

“Yeah well we can’t cancel this now,” Alex said as he drove away. “You’re hot so I can turn the AC?”

“I’m good thanks,” Mattie said smiling. “Thanks for doing this Alex it means a lot to me.”

“I will always be here for you Mattie… friends do this kind of stuff for friends.” Alex said as he finally got to highway 27.

*******

July 24, 2010
Time: 3:00am
Location: rest stop – Tennessee.
Emotion: mixed emotions

I have to say this trip with Alex has made me realize that Alex would have been a good catch. We have talked non stop about everything that has happened since I left Florida. He even told me about his current girlfriend Sharon, he seems to have deep feelings for her yet he seems to also not like the way she comes and goes. She is not a steady girlfriend.

I am assuming that means he is ready to settle… I actually would’ve thought he was already married and with children. I still have to get the courage to tell him I would like to rent that room from him. I decided that for the moment it would be the best option. Alex is my friend and I could trust him and besides that way I could always ride with him to work.

I think I am driving from here on out its my turn so he can take a nap. We are hoping to get to Madison by tonight the latest; I have already called my friend and sometimes apartment crasher to start packing for me… I also gave her permission to take what she likes.

I think I should stop he’s coming back from the restroom; I’ll try to come back later and tell you more. But for now I have to go.

Mattie.

*******

“I’m driving you sleep for a little bit,” Mattie told Alex who only smiled and shrugged.

“I still have some more miles in me,” Alex said.

“No you rest I’ll drive then you can take the wheel after a little shut eye.” She gave him a smirk and extended her hand for the keys.

Alex took out the keys from his pocket and handed them to her, “Fine… let’s get out of here.”

********
Chapter End Notes:
Ok here is another chapter... I'm on a roll... please let me know what you think.