- Text Size +
During sound check it was obvious there was a few hangovers and Alissa was the worse of them all, sound check was going very bad, she couldn’t remember half the words and her vocals weren’t the tightest. After the second song she put the microphone back on the stand, “I’m done.”

“What?” Carly stopped drumming, looking confused. She looked over at Dan then at Ken. Both just shrugged. Carly got agitated, “That’s real fucking mature.”

“Guess sound check is over.” Dan started to take off his guitar.

“No, let’s at least work on our sound. We don’t need her. Let’s pick up where we left off.” Ken insisted.

They returned to sound check without Alissa. Ned and Matt walked into the Cotton Club and noticed Infinite on stage doing their instrumental sound check. “Let’s check their sound check out, since they watched ours yesterday.” Matt suggested to Ned.

“Cool.” Ned followed Matt to one of the tables in the middle of the main floor. Both taking a seat on the tall bar stools that sat around each table in the club.

“Aren’t they missing someone?” Matt questioned.

“Looks like it’s sound check without vocals.” Ned shrugged.

Matt creased his brow and scanned the room for Alissa, not finding her he tried to push her out of his mind and watch the rest of the band. Carly noticed the two sitting there watching the sound check, she felt a ball of butterflies in her stomach. ‘Why does he have to be watching, he’s making me nervous, last thing I need is to get distracted and end up throwing a drumstick at him.’ Carly shook her thoughts out of her head and just closed her eyes to clear her mind and pay attention to the sound of the band.

“Hey Alissa, I thought you were doing sound check.” Robert stopped her outside as she was making her way to the van.

“It’s a short sound check today. For me anyway.”

“Hangover?” He raised an eyebrow with a smirk.

“Massive Hangover.” She sighed.

“Well drink lots of water, coffee, whatever you can keep down to get your head straight. I know how you feel. I’ve had to perform a few times with a hangover, Taylor once was with the flu during the Lollapalooza tour. So we all can feel your pain.” He rubbed her back soothingly.

“Thanks.” she spoke softly.

“Well go lay down for awhile. I’ll see you later.” He walked off towards the Cotton Club.

Alissa went and climbed into the back of the van and lied down, throwing her pillow over her face to block the sun. Just as she was beginning to fall asleep a tap at the window startled her, she sat up and jumped when she saw Carrick pressing his face against the window. He laughed, she smiled as she moved to open the side door, “What are you doing?” she giggled.

“How you feeling?”

“Shitty, how about you?”

“I’m good. I was actually gonna ask you if you want to go get a bite to eat.” Carrick was smiling big.

“Ugh, um, well I can go with, but I doubt I’ll eat.” She held her stomach at the thought of eating.

“You can have some hot tea, that will help you’re stomach and head.” He looked like he really wanted her to join him.

“That’s true, alright, where we going?” she got out of the van, shutting the door behind her.

“Chinese. Is that okay?” He put his hands in his pockets, his tall slender build towered over her.

“That’s fine.” she shrugged. Placing her sunglasses over her eyes.


Matt and Ned gave applause for the end of sound check, “That’s great guys. You’re sounding tight.” Ned kept clapping.

“Great Tone.” Matt added.

The four hopped off the stage, “Thanks.”

“Where’d Alissa go? Is she alright?” Matt asked no one in particular.

“She’s a little ill from drinking way too much last night.” Ken responded.

“Oh.” Matt understood.

Carly raised an eyebrow at Matt, but shook it off and looked over at Ned, “So what you guys up to? It’s a little early for you isn’t it?”

“Nah, not for me. You want to get out of here? I could use a break from all this.” Ned asked Carly.

She was a little surprised by his invitation, “Sure.” she didn’t care where she was going with him, just the fact he asked and wants her around made her happy.


Carrick and Alissa walked into Hong Kong Dragon restaurant that was only one block over from the Cotton Club. They were seated right away and since the place just opened minutes before they arrived they had the restaurant to themselves. Both hiding behind menus, it was a little awkward. Both not knowing what to say.
Alissa placed the menu down on the table and looked anywhere but at the man across from her. Carrick placed the menu down and looked right at her, she caught his stunning blue eyes staring at her, she smiled.

“You getting anything?” he asked.

“Rice and tea.” She smiled faintly.

The waitress came over and took their orders and then they were left alone again, Carrick just stared at her for a few minutes before speaking, “So is there a guy back home waiting for you to return?”

She smiled, “No, there’s no guy.”

He smiled before taking a sip of his water, Alissa then decided to ask him a question, “Since we’re talking about significant others, do you have a girl back home?”

“Nope, I’m single. It’s not easy keeping a relationship when you’re in a band. Especially when you’re a band that goes on tour a lot. I’ve found the problem with the girls in L.A. is either they are just interested in me because I AM in a band, or they want to see who I know and can get them connected with. It’s just hard to find anyone genuine.”

“Should I break out the violin?”

He chuckled, “Sorry, you’re right I have no right to play poor me.”

“Nah, I’m sure it’s hard, but come on, you get to make music for a living. That’s the coolest shit in the world. The last thing I’m going to complain about is not being able to have a man in my life. I have music and that brings a whole lot of happiness into my life.”

“But music lacks a lot of aspects that a human being can bring into your life.” Carrick grabbed his water.

“True.” Alissa sighed.


“You up for the walk?” Ned asked Carly as they headed out of The Cotton Club.

“Where we going?”

“The park is nearby, Like a few blocks over. Thought it’d be nice to walk and just enjoy the outdoors.”

Carly smiled, “That sounds nice.”

The two walked through Downtown Atlanta while talking, keeping it light hearted conversation and finding they enjoy each others company. “You’re a cool chick Carly.”

She laughed, “Why thank you Ned. You’re a cool guy too.”

He smiled, “Seriously, I mean it. I don’t find many girls I can just hang with. Usually they’re after something and it’s not a good conversation. Not these days.”

“You mean the girls treat you like a piece a meat?” Carly chuckled.

“Well that, and the fact they just don’t take me serious. Sometimes I wonder if they even see me as a human.”

Carly frowned, “Some people tend to forget that entertainers are like everyone else. But not everyone thinks that way, ya know?”

“Yeah, I know.”

They finally reached the city park and once they got there they walked over to a bench and sat down, “You enjoying the Rooney tour?”

“Well it’s only the second day, but so far, yeah. It’s so sad that tomorrow is our last gig with you guys.” Carly watched a pigeon near by.

“Yeah, it came up pretty quick.” Ned stretched out his legs, crossing them at the ankle.


As Alissa and Carrick walked towards the Cotton Club, Matt was standing outside the door. He watched them walk towards him, once they were standing next to him he asked “Where did you guys go?”

“To get lunch.” Carrick answered.

“I thought you weren’t feeling well.” Matt asked Alissa, his tone was cold.

She looked at him questioningly, “I’m not. But he wanted company so I went.”

Matt didn’t say anything he turned to look away, Alissa creased her forehead. Wondering what Matt’s problem was, but was not in the mood to get involved. She opened the door to the club and walked inside, Carrick to follow.