- Text Size +
Alissa and Carrick sat in the dressing room that all three bands had to share, others in the room was Taylor Locke and Louis Stephens of Rooney. Louie was sitting in front of a television that had his personal video game system hooked up to. His attention strictly on the video game he chose to play for the afternoon. Taylor sat in the corner of the room, talking on his cell phone the person on the other end could only be his girlfriend.

Carrick and Alissa sat on the sofa up against the wall, both carrying on the conversation they’ve had going since lunch. “You know, I have to admit this now.” Alissa began.

Carrick looked at her confused, “What?”

“I’ve been a fan of yours for years. Ever since the Push Kings. But, I’m glad you are now performing in this band. I Loved the Push Kings but Everybody Else’s music is much better. Of course that’s just my opinion.” Alissa gushed.

Carrick just smiled, “So a fan for years, does that mean you know all about me, know more then I know of myself?”

“Well no, I haven’t been one of those fans that needed to know what toothpaste you use.” She chuckled.

“It’s cool.” He stared at her again, he did this a lot and it made her feel a little uncomfortable. She looked away and saw that Taylor hung up his cell phone.

“Hey Taylor, did you guys do sound check yet?” Alissa randomly asked.

“No, don’t worry you haven’t missed it.” He smiled.

Alissa chuckled, “That’s not why I was asking.”

“Your not going to be our groupie during sound check?” He asked hurt.

“I’ll be you’re personal groupie anytime baby.” Alissa playfully raised her eyebrows up and down, before laughing, “But seriously, I was just wondering cause, I know I need to try and run through a microphone check. I wasn’t feeling well earlier.”

“Oh, well, you can do it now if you want. We’re not going to step on the stage for like another hour.” Taylor got up and walked over to the couch and sat on the edge of the couch arm near Alissa.

“I think I will then,” She turned to Carrick, “See ya around?”

“Of course.” He smiled.

Alissa pushed up off the couch and headed out of the dressing room, heading straight up the stairs to the stage. She saw that the sound guy was talking to some people, so she waited until he was done. “Can I do a quick run through?”

“Just on the mic?” He asked.

“Yeah, I think the band already tested the sound for the instruments. I just would feel better if I work out the sound for my microphone.” She said as she rolled the mic back and forth in her hands.

She stood in the middle of the stage just looking at the floor as she began to sing a capella, “Sweet Dreams are made of these, who am I to disagree, I traveled the world and the seven seas. Every bodies lookin’ for something.” She walked back and forth on the stage listening to the sound from each amp that sat at the edge of the stage.
“Some of them want to use you, some of them want to get used by you.” She only sang half the song before stopping, “Can you turn it up just a little bit more?” the sound guy nodded and did what he had to do. She started to sing again, choosing a different song to make sure things sounded good whether it was a fast or slow song. She heard the music in her head as she started singing one of her own songs. As she walked to the left of the stage she noticed the room wasn’t empty, Matt was standing by the bar, watching her.

She stopped singing and gave a smile, “Hey.”

He just gave her a nod, but didn’t smile or show any warmth like he usually would with her. She creased her brow, confused of his new attitude. She sighed and looked over at the sound guy, “Can you set my in-ear monitors to have me in my right ear, and I want to hear the guitar in my left, please?” once again he just did what he needed. Alissa walked over to Infinite’s guitar rack, she grabbed her guitar that was barely ever used, a deep purple and white Fender Jazzmaster. She strapped it on her body, plugging into Dan’s amp so she’ll be able to get the feel of hearing him during the show.

She played a few chords of one of her songs, before singing a few lines. She made it short, she only needed to make sure she liked the volume in her in-ear monitor and she was happy with the setting. “Thanks, that’s all I needed.” She smiled at the sound guy as she went to put her guitar back. She pulled her in-ears out and set them in the case. She stepped off stage as Kenny and Mike walked into the club.

“How you feeling?” Kenny asked.

“Better, I still have a headache from hell. But I’ll live.”

“You felt better pretty quick after sound check, Least that’s what I hear.” Mike said annoyed.

“What?” Alissa didn’t like his tone.

“You couldn’t do sound check with the band, but you felt good enough to go out to lunch with Carrick?” Mike raised his brow in question.

“You’re mad because I went out to lunch? I didn’t even eat. Sure I went, but I was just keeping him company because he asked me to go along. I felt like shit yes, and you’re right it was wrong for me to walk out on sound check but my stomach was a mess and I needed to lay down.”

“But you didn’t lay down.” He pointed out.

“I did actually. And I’m really not appreciating your tone with me Michael.” Alissa was getting angry.

“Come on you guys let’s not do this here.” Kenny noticed Rooney was stepping onto the stage for their sound check.

“Tell him to stop acting like he’s my fucking father!” Alissa walked off.

“God! She’s a fucking Bitch sometimes. So fucking selfish!” Mike walked off. Leaving Kenny with the eyes of Rooney on him. He sighed and walked out of the club, embarrassed more then anything.

“Trouble in band paradise.” Taylor chuckled.

“Looks like.” Robert smiled.

“Come on you guys, let’s just get started.” Matt not finding the humor in the bumps Infinite has hit this afternoon.

Alissa walked out to the van and found Carly taking a nap in the back of the van, Alissa quietly grabbed her bag from the very back. Carly startled her, “I’m up. How you feeling?”

“Better, thanks.” Alissa spoke softly.

“You know you pissed everyone off right?” Carly sat up and rested her chin on the back of the backseat, watching Alissa dig through her bag.

“I ran into Mike and he was a little hostile, you feel the same?” Alissa looked up.

“Sorta, you understand why we would be upset?”

“I guess.” Alissa sighed, not being completely truthful.

“You cut out on rehearsal, when it’s important to make sure we all sound as tight as we can so every night when we are on that stage in front of an audience who hasn’t seen us before, they need to hear us at our best. Come on Alissa, we can’t slack on this band, not even an inch. It’s very important that all five of us are on the same wavelength here, you’re in this band 150% right?”

“Of course, look, I didn’t realize it was going to effect all of you if I didn’t finish sound check with you. I needed to lay down so I did.” Alissa got agitated.

“No, you went out to lunch with Carrick.” Carly through back attitude.

Alissa sighed, “He came to me and asked if I wanted to go to lunch with him, I told him I wasn’t feeling well, but I’d hang with him if he really wanted. So I just sat there and drank some tea, I barely even ate rice. Trust me I wasn’t out having a huge lunch and having all this fun without you guys.”

“It’s not about you having fun without us. Jesus, Alissa we’re mad because you decided you couldn’t do sound check but you were able to go and hangout with a guy. That shows irresponsibility and lack of respect for your fellow band mates.”

Alissa frowned, she didn’t know what to say she felt like shit, and this time it wasn’t the hangover. Carly lied back down, knowing she got her point across. Alissa grabbed the bag and shut the back van door still with a set frown she walked away.


“Good show tonight you guys.” Robert waved to Infinite as they came into the backstage area straight off the stage.

“Thanks, Rob.” Carly smiled as she grabbed a bottle of water.

“Welcome,” He smiled, “You gonna watch our show tonight?” He asked her.

“Of course, I’m catching every Rooney show I can.” She wiped the sweat off her face and neck with a fluffy white towel.

“Great.” He answered as he rubbed her back. Alissa looked at the two and raised an eyebrow at Carly. “See you out there.” He gave a little wave as he walked away.

Robert followed Louie and Taylor out of the room, it was time for Rooney to hit the stage. Alissa stood in the corner of the room, even though the show went great she felt like she was still on a few shit lists. So she kept her distance. Wiping off the sweat as much as she could she sat on the floor and downed a bottle of cold water. Carrick pushed off the couch and walked over to her, he kneeled down to be at her level, “You want to get a drink with me?”

She looked up into his eyes and gave a half smile, “Not tonight.”

“Something up?” He looked concerned.

“I just think it’d be best I call it an early night.” She moved to get up off the floor and walked away from Carrick who looked very disappointed. Carly walked pass Carrick towards the mirror, “Hey Carrick, how’s it going?”

“Good, you enjoying the tour?” he seemed distracted.

“I’m having a blast.” Carly beamed as she looked into the mirror trying to do something with her hair, the club was very warm and that made it a sauna on stage. She watched Carrick through the mirror as he walked out of the room. Carly pulled a new shirt out of the bag she brought into the club, “Hey Ken, can you do me a favor?”

He looked over from the couch, “What you need?”

“Can you hold up something in front of me so I can change my shirt?”

He got up off the couch, “Yeah. I can do that.” He pulled off his blazer and held it up to block any view of her upper half. Carly quickly changed her shirt, “Thanks Ken.”

“No prob.” He walked back over to the couch.

“Any one else going to watch the show?” Carly asked as she walked for the door.

“You’re on your own tonight.” Dan answered while sipping on the beer he grabbed.

“Party pooper’s.” Carly walked out of the room and headed for the crowd to watch the Rooney show. She was able to enjoy the whole show without anyone bothering her, but as soon as it was over the fans noticed her and wanted her attention. Wanting autographs, pictures, and to talk. She enjoyed the attention from the fans.


“Hey Alissa!” a guy hollered.

Alissa looked over as she shut the van door. She smiled when she recognized the young man. “Hey Pete! What you doing all the way up here in Atlanta?”

“I missed the Athens show, so my buddies and I hopped in the car and drove to see you guys here.”

“Wow, that’s dedication. We need more fans like you.” She smiled giving him a hug.

“Well you know.” He smiled flirtatiously.

“So where’s the gang?” Alissa looked over his shoulder.

“Inside, I saw you walk out here so I thought I’d come talk to you.”

“Stalking me Pete?” Alissa teased.

“Shh, I still have that restraining order.”

Alissa laughed, “It’s great seeing you Pete. So what you think of tonight’s show?”

“Awesome, you guys are always awesome.”

“I think you’re biased.” Alissa smiled.

“Not at all.”

“So how’s you’re site going? I’m sorry I haven’t emailed you back about some of the stuff you wanted.”

“It’s cool, just send me the interview answers when ever you have the time. The site’s doing good, it’s not as good as your official site but it’s not too bad.”

“Oh come on, it’s a great site. The band and I really get excited about everything you fans do for us. It means a lot to us that you want to take the time and energy to dedicate a site to the band.” Alissa kept her smile.

“That’s cool. So can I get some new pictures of you for my site?” he asked a little nervous.

“Sure you can.” Alissa smiled, and Pete took a picture. “You should go find the rest of the band, they’re probably roaming the club. I know they’d be happy to see you.”

“Yeah, I’m gonna do that now. Thanks for your time Alissa.”

“No thank you, I can’t believe you drove from Orlando to see us here in Atlanta. That makes my day, really.” Alissa gave him another hug and then watched him walk away. She climbed into the van and opened the back windows, since the van was underneath one of the lights in the parking lot it gave her enough light to write in her journal.
Carly came out into the parking lot two hours later and headed for the van, she climbed into the back of the van, “Hey girl, you been here all this time?”

“Yep.” Alissa said not looking up from her book.

“Why? You should go inside they’re having a good time.” Carly smiled.

“Then why you in here?” Alissa finally looked up from the book.

“I needed to get a break, and they’re drinking a bit much. I can’t do that every night.”

“And that’s exactly why I’ve been here. I think I did enough partying last night for the rest of the week.” Alissa smiled.

“So you’re not hiding from the guys?” Carly raised an eyebrow.

“Why would I hide from the guys? I know Mike was a little mad but..”

“No, not our guys. I mean.. Well you know, the other guys. Like Carrick, Matt, Robert?”

Alissa looked at Carly, “What are you talking about?”

“Girl, you are so dense sometimes. Okay how about I ask this question, What’s going on with you and Carrick?”

“I think he likes me.”

“Duh.”

Alissa rolled her eyes, “Well, I’m not interested, so now I feel bad, cause I thought he was seeing me as just a friend you know? And sure I like hanging with him and talking with him. But..”

“You’re not attracted.”

“Right.”

“So who are you attracted to? Inquiring minds want to know.” Carly smiled.

“Robert.” Alissa smiled big and slouched down in the seat, “God, he’s gorgeous. And so sweet, I get all those tingly feelings whenever he’s around.”

Carly smiled, “That’s cute.. So you’re not interested in Matt?”

“Matt? He’s a cool guy, and yeah he’s cute. But, it’s not like that with us. We’re just friends.”

“You sure about that?” Carly quizzed.

Alissa creased her brow, not sure of what Carly was getting at. Carly rolled her eyes, “Dense.”

“Why do you keep saying that?”

“Cause you are girl. You can’t just flirt with all these guys and not expect them to think that you’re not interested. Men don’t just turn on and off like that. Matt is very much interested in you and it blows my mind you don’t see that. And now you have Carrick also interested in you. Girl, you got yourself some issues to work out with the men around here.”

“Question is, is Robert interested?” Alissa bit on her lower lip.

Carly shrugged, “It’s hard to figure him out.”

“Yeah. So how are things with Ned?”

Carly sighed loudly, “I have a feeling he’s just interested in being friends.”

“Why do you say that?”

“Just the way he talked with me this afternoon. It was.. I guess like I’m one of the guys. You know like he enjoys hanging out with me but that’s it.” Carly frowned.

“Well, friends can turn into more. So don’t get bummed out yet.” Alissa reassured.

“Maybe.” Carly frowned and leaned back against the window, stretching her legs out on the other bucket seat. The two girls hung out in the van, talking and relaxing. Both enjoying the quiet surrounding while the rest of the band was in the venue.