- Text Size +
Kenny, Carly and Alissa walked into the packed club and squeezed their way closer to the stage, only being able to get half way they stood their ground. “This is crazy.” Carly smiled big with excitement.

“Looks like Rooney has a good following here. To bad we’re not playing.” Alissa frowned.

“Girl let it go, so we didn’t get the gig. Least you are seeing the band.” Kenny showed the bright side.

“Very true.” Alissa smiled.

Built By Design was the first act, and the crowd didn’t seem too interested. They were okay but not your typical sound for Rooney fans. “Should have been us.”Carly laughed.

Alissa just nodded, the band went on for thirty minutes to long and when they finally left the stage the crowd started to chant “Rooney! Rooney!” but, unfortunately Rooney wasn’t next. Dysfunction still had to go on before Rooney, when the three heard Boos from the crowd before the band even started, they knew that there was some Infinite fans in the audience which made the three chuckle. Kenny stood on the other side of Carly with his arms crossed as he watched the stage. Carly and Alissa kept making faces at each other trying to amuse themselves while the band they couldn’t stand performed. They got a forty minute set and had a few fans in the audience, but mainly wasn’t getting any love from the crowd who just wanted to see Rooney. Alissa and Carly would clap for the band knowing they would want the same respect in return but they didn’t enjoy the show. Once Dysfunction left the stage the crowd went back to chanting, Carly and Alissa joining in, “Rooney! Rooney!” the girls would giggle from time to time especially when they tried to get Kenny to join in. “I don’t think so.” He shook his head.

“Oh my god, you guys are from the band Infinite right?” a girl asked who was walking away from the stage but ran into the three, stopping her from continuing on her journey. All three smiled and nodded. “I saw you guys at the Back Booth the other night, you guys rocked. Why aren’t you performing tonight?”

“We didn’t get picked, but we tried out. So you having fun tonight?” Alissa changed the subject.

“Not so far, the two opening acts suck.” The girl made a face of disgust.

“You a big Rooney fan?” Kenny asked.

“Hell yeah, I saw them a few months back when they played here. I was hooked immediately.”

“I know the feeling.” Alissa chuckled.

“We’re huge fans as well.” Carly smiled.

“Way cool. You performing anytime soon?” the fan asked.

“Nothing planned at the moment but check our site we post our shows as soon as we find out where we’re playing.” Carly promoted the site.

“Awesome. Well I gotta get something to drink. Nice meeting you.”

“You too.” The three responded, now all wearing smiles.

Ten minutes passed and Jose came out on stage with a big smile and mic in hand, “You ready to get this place really rockin’?!” The crowd roared, “You sure?” he chuckled as the place got just as loud. “Welcome to the stage, Rooney!!” Alissa and Carly clapped and screamed as the band walked on to the stage. The band starting the show with Carly’s favorite song ‘Simply Because’ and what a great choice, it got the crowd pumped right from the beginning. Alissa and Carly singing along with Robert while bopping their heads to the music and just having a great time. The concert went on with them playing all the songs off their debut album, with an added two songs from the up coming album. The three friends had a great time at the show, even though it got a little warm in the club along with a little too crowded. After Rooney stepped off the stage, the three decided to go get a drink and chill out while they wait for the place to calm down.

Rooney came out about fifteen minutes later and had girls surrounding them wanting autographs. Robert the lead singer with the most people wanting his attention had to go off to a corner by himself, trying to not interrupt other people in the venue. The other four in the band split in to two groups and gave autographs and pictures for the fans, while Robert was doing the same in the corner. Carly and Alissa watched from a far, not wanting to bother the band but thought it was cool how much support they had from so many people. Kenny came back to the table with another round of drinks, “You two going to meet the band?”

“Nah.” Carly didn’t hesitate.

“They have enough groupies, they don’t need two more.” Alissa chuckled.

“It got hella hot in this place.” Carly twisted up her shoulder length wavy blond hair into a claw clip.

“Yeah it’s all the people smashed into a small space.” Kenny took a sip of his beer.

“Really Sherlock? You sure that’s the reason?” Alissa got smart. In which Kenny gave her the middle finger in silence making Alissa laugh.

Two guys came up to their table as they were chuckling about something, “Um, I don’t mean to bother you, but you’re Carly and Alissa right?” The dark haired guy asked.

“Uh, yeah that’s us.” Carly smiled a little confused of what they wanted.

“I thought so, and you’re Kenny.” The blond guy smiled.

“Yeah, can we help you?” Kenny also confused.

“Not really, we just wanted to tell you that we love the album. I’ve seen you guys in concert probably fifteen times or so. I can’t even keep track anymore. Big fan of your music.” The dark haired guy rambled on in praise.

“Oh that’s awesome, thank you for your support.” Alissa beamed.

“No thank you, you’re the best Orlando based band and I’m just glad you guys perform so much around here.”

“Yeah, a few of us try to hit all your shows if we can. And every show seems like it’s the first time.” The blond joined in on the gushing.

“Very cool.” Kenny nodded his thanks.

“That’s always nice to hear, thanks. What’s your names?” Carly asked.

“I’m Kurt, and this is my friend Dave.” The dark haired young man introduced as he was obviously excited to be meeting them.

“It’s nice to meet you both.” Carly shook their hands, Alissa followed in suit. Kenny just gave a nod knowing the two guys were more interested in the girls.

“Could we get your autographs?” Dave asked shyly.

“Absolutely.” Alissa smiled pulling out a sharpie, the band was use to getting this request from their fans. They had a huge following in the Orlando area and was asked for pictures and autographs quite often when ever they were out and about. All three signed a napkin for both guys, then thanked them. The two guys walked off and a few minutes later some girls approached, they did small talk and then got a picture with the three.

“We’re popular tonight.” Carly laughed.

“Looks like.” Kenny smiled.

“I thought that one girl was going to sit in your lap.” Alissa chuckled to Kenny.

“Me too, she has a big crush on you Kenny.” Carly giggled.

Kenny rolled his eyes trying to play it off, but his blushing cheeks gave him away, making the girls laugh more. Kenny looked out across the crowd and then cleared his throat, “Play it cool girls.”

“Huh?” Carly asked but wasn’t able to be answered as Ned Brower the drummer of Rooney stood at their table, “Hey, I hear you guys are in a band.”

Alissa and Carly both with mouths open and not able to speak, Kenny chuckled reaching his hand out to take Ned’s, “Yeah we’re a local band. I’m Kenny.”

“Ned, nice to meet you.” he looked to the girls, and gave a smile.

“Nice to meet you Ned, I’m Alissa this is Carly.” Alissa knowing Carly wasn’t going to be able to speak especially since it was Ned in front of them, Carly’s favorite of the band.

“Can I sit here?” he asked pointing to the empty seat in between Kenny and Alissa.

“Sure.” Alissa smiled.

Ned took a seat before speaking, “What kind of band are you?”

“Pop rock like Rooney.” Alissa answered keeping a grin.

“Rad, so who’s what in the band?” He asked pointing around the table.

“Bass.” Kenny pointed to himself while answering.

“Drums.” Carly smiled and barely able to breath.

“Lead vocals.” Alissa gave a half smile, “We have two others but they didn’t come tonight.”

“I take it you have a good following in the area.” Ned leaned back in his seat, making two chair legs to leave the ground.

“We have a great fan base here in the Central Florida area.” Kenny responded with a smile.

“We have a good fan base pretty much in the south actually. It just seems to keep growing. But yeah it’s the strongest here in the local area.”Carly added.

“Yeah I know how that works, we had it like that when we first started in California.. L.A. was where our strongest fan base was. Actually it still holds that title.” Ned still leaning back, he nodded his head with his last comment.

“We actually have had a similar existence as Rooney so far. Just haven’t been signed yet.” Alissa smirked

“You will. Just keep working and spreading the word. Promoting your band is very important.” Ned set his chair down on the floor.

“We’re trying.” Carly smiled.

“So what’s the bands name?” Ned raised an eyebrow.

“Infinite.” Kenny smiled with the answer.

“Great name. Wait, did you guys try out for our opening act?” Ned creased his brow.

All three frowned, “Yeah we did. But apparently we didn’t get the gig.” Alissa gave a nervous chuckle.

“That sucks, you guys have a demo or something I can give a listen?”

“Yeah, out in our van we have a few. We’ve got a website too, the address is on the back of the album. I’ll go get you a copy.” Kenny got up from the table excited and walked out of the club. Leaving the girls with Ned.

“Did you enjoy the show tonight?” Ned started playing the table with his hands tapping the table top like a drum.

“Of course, you guys are always awesome.” Alissa beamed.

“I don’t know about that. But thanks.” He chuckled.

Two girls walked up to the table a little hesitant, Alissa looked over and smiled, putting them at ease, “Ned? Could we get your autograph?” they asked.

“Sure.” he took their cd cover and pulled out his sharpie from his pocket. Signing both cd covers and handing them back to the girls.

“Alissa, Carly we love Infinite, can we get your autographs too?”

Alissa and Carly a little shocked but pleased, “Of course. But do you have something for us to sign?”

Carly got up from the table and came back with a couple napkins, “This will do.” she chuckled.

“Thank you so much.” The girls smiled as they watched Carly and Alissa sign the napkins then switch to sign the other. “If you wait a second, Kenny will be back and you can meet him.” Carly informed the girls.

“Awesome, is Dan here?” one of the girls asked.

Alissa smiled, “Nope sorry sweetie. He’s at home tonight.”

“Can you tell him I think he’s amazing?”

“Sure thing.” Alissa kept her smile.

Kenny came back to the table and handed the demo cd to Ned, “Here you go. We’ve got only five tracks on that one. But you can hear more on our site.”

“Cool.” Ned nodded then looked over the cd.

“Ken, these girls wanted to meet you. I’m sorry we never got your names.” Carly stopped to look up at the girls.

“Katie, and this is my friend Natalie.”

“It’s nice to meet you two.” Kenny smiled at them, shaking their hands then sitting down.

“Can we get your autograph?” Natalie asked hesitant as she showed him the already signed napkin.

“I’d be honored.” He took the napkins, “Natalie right?” He asked waiting for her answer, when she nodded with a smile, he wrote her name at the top of the napkin before adding his signature, then handing it to her, Doing the same with Katie’s making both girls very happy.

“Thank you.” they gushed and walked off.

“Do you guys have any shows coming up?” Ned asked.

“No, we had our last scheduled show a couple days ago. Now we’re trying to figure if we want to play the area again or hit some venues we haven’t been too, maybe out of state.” Alissa explained.

“That’s cool.” He paused looking around the club, “Why don’t you three come join me and the rest of the guys. I’m sure they’d like to meet you.”

The three looked at each other and Kenny made the decision for them by standing up taking his beer, “Show the way.”

Carly and Alissa grabbed their drinks and followed the two guys across the club where two tables were pushed together with Rooney sitting with some of Dysfunction and people they didn’t know. Alissa looked over at Carly who was also with a fake smile after seeing the other band. “Hey guys, I found some band members of that band a few of the fans were talking about.” Ned chimed in as he took a seat at the table. Getting everyone’s attention before his introduction, “This is Carly, Kenny and Alissa.” In return he did a quick intro to his band mates and crew. The three took a seat where ever they could find one. Doing their best to not sit too close to the band members of Dysfunction. Carly sat near Ned who happened to be sitting by Louie the keyboardist of Rooney. Kenny sat down at the other end of the table where he could talk to the lead guitarist of Rooney and that also meant he would have to deal with the lead singer of Dysfunction. Alissa was doing her best to play it cool when she sat down next to Robert her favorite Rooney band member. She found herself sitting in between him and Matt Winter who plays Bass guitar for the band. Everyone chit chatted the night away, drinking and talking music. It made the hours fly by. Jose keeping the place open for the band, but had the rest of the costumers leave at closing hour. No one allowed to really get personal with each other since there was so many of them, but everyone was able to hold good conversations. It was four in the morning by the time Carly, Kenny and Alissa headed home. All praying they’d make it home alive, not due to alcohol but more over the fact they were so tired. Once they got home, Alissa crashed on their couch once again.