- Text Size +
“Ned was so hot, and I’m so proud of myself I didn’t fumble over my words or my feet.” Carly giggled.

“I’m happy for you Carly.” Dan chuckled while eating his cereal.

“Ugh, I don’t want to go to work this morning, I just want to crawl back in bed and dream about Ned.” Carly giggled again.

Dan rolled his eyes, while shaking his head.

“Is she still gushing over last night?” Kenny came into the living room.

“She hasn’t stopped. I’m surprised Alissa is still sleeping.” Dan chuckled.

“We’re gonna be late Carly if we don’t get going.” Kenny tossed the van keys in the air and caught them.

“I’m ready.” She sighed pushing herself out of the bean bag chair.

“Have a good day kids.” Dan grinned.

“You gonna come visit us today?” Carly asked as she grabbed her backpack.

Dan just shrugged, not giving her an answer. Carly walked out of the house following Kenny, Disney was strict about being on time. Carly found that out the first month she worked there. No matter how strict the rules were she loved working at the Magic Kingdom. To be able to work at her favorite ride Pirates of the Caribbean and seeing families enjoy the ride as much as she always has, brought a smile to her face every time.

“Are they finally gone?” Alissa grumbled.

“You’re awake?” Dan asked a little surprised.

“Like I could sleep with chatty Cathy in the room.” Alissa sat up.

“Well she’s gone now.” He smiled getting out of the recliner and heading to the kitchen to put his bowl in the sink.

Alissa pushed herself off the couch, “I’m gonna head to my place. See ya later.” She grabbed her messenger bag and headed out the door while digging in the bag for her car keys.


Carly got home from work around six that evening and as usual she got on the computer the three shared. First checking her email and not finding anything too interesting she decided to go check the band email account and found three emails. One subject was for Dan so she didn’t open it, the first email was from today with subject ‘Great album’. She opened the email with a smile, figuring it was a new fan.

Yo Infinite!
This is Ned, from Rooney. I met some of you at the /r/ show last night and got you’re demo from Kenny. I’ve been listening to it all day, it’s RAD! You got a great sound, I’d love to hear more. It’s to bad you won’t be doing any shows in Florida this week, we’d love to see you do your thing on stage. Maybe some other time. It was nice meeting you, and I look forward to hearing more of Infinite.
Keep Rockin’!
Ned


“OhMyGod!” Carly bounced in her chair.

“What’s going on?” Kenny came into the office that was better known as ‘Infinite head quarters’.

“Ned emailed us about the album. He loved it!” Carly squealed.

“Right on, let me read it.” Kenny looked over her shoulder and read the email with a smile. “That’s so fucking cool.”

“I gotta call Alissa .” Carly grabbed the phone, dialing quickly.

“Yeah Hello?”

“You won’t believe who emailed us.” Carly’s excitement heard.

“Huh?” Alissa was confused.

“I was checking the band email and Ned from Rooney emailed us! He loves our music!”

Alissa laughed, “You excited Carly?”

“Aren’t you!?”

“Yeah, that’s really cool. So what exactly did he say?”

“Well just that we have a great sound and that he wish he could see us live. Oh and that he can’t wait to hear more from us.” Carly’s cheeks started to hurt from smiling too much.

“Wow, that’s cool. To bad we have no gigs.” Alissa frowned.

“Girl, why aren’t you more excited? I’m like ready to burst.”

“I’m well aware.” Alissa laughed, “I don’t know, I guess I’m still disappointed about not opening for them.”

“But we got to hang with Rooney and they’ve heard our music. That’s still something. This is a big step, just not exactly the step we were hoping for but it’s still something.” Carly pressed.

“Yeah I know. I’m excited, I hope that’s not the last we hear of them. So are we going to work on the new material tomorrow? I also want to get together with the band and work out schedules. I want us to book some more shows.”

“I have no plans tomorrow, hold on.” She moved the phone to look over at Kenny who was sitting on the floor of the office unpacking boxes of Infinite merchandise. “Ken you doing anything tomorrow?”

“No.” He looked up at Carly, “Why?”

“Band time.” Carly answered before putting the phone back to her ear, “Well Kenny and I will be here. Call Mike and I’ll ask Dan when he gets home.”

“Cool. I’ll talk to you later.” Alissa hung up.

“Do you think I should reply?” Carly stared at the computer screen.

“Sure, let him know we appreciate his feedback.” Kenny continued to unpack boxes.

Carly hit reply.

Ned,

Great to hear from you. Ken, Alissa and I had a great time last night, and very happy to hear feedback on our album. It means a lot to get positive feedback from a band we admire. We’re kicking ourselves for not having any shows right now for you to see. Maybe next time you’re in the area. Once again thanks for your kind words.

Carly (drummer of Infinite)


As she hit the sent button she felt butterflies in her stomach and then giggled to herself, “I’m such a dork.”

“You talking to yourself?” Ken reminding her he was in the room. Carly turned the computer chair to face the middle of the room so she could look at him. “You need help with that?”

“Nah, I’m just going to fill the containers so when we have another show we don’t have to rush and do it then. Besides I have nothing better to do.”

“Alrighty.” Carly turned back in her seat and clicked off the browser before walking out of the office.


Alissa sat in her apartment alone, sitting in front of the computer, not feeling like checking the band site. She decided to check out Rooney’s site to see what they were doing the next couple days. When their site opened, there was nothing new on the front page so she decided to go to their message board and see what the Florida fans thought of last nights show. She read a few reviews most the fans not caring for the opening acts. A few liked Dysfunction but mainly they posted about how great Rooney was. After reading two different threads she found that Ned posted on the board this morning so she clicked on the thread ‘Hey’.

Subject: Rock on Orlando..
Time: 11:23 am

We had a great time last night in Orlando, awesome show. The fans were pumped and that just gave us more energy. We couldn’t believe how packed the show was. Thank you for coming out to see us. We met a lot of you last night and got a lot of comments about how you didn’t like the opening acts. Sorry you didn’t like them. We didn’t pick the bands for that show. Though we didn’t think they were all that bad either. Maybe not you’re taste of music. Another thing that was commented about a lot last night was a local band called Infinite. After a few of you commented about how awesome they are and that they should have opened for /r/ I got curious of who this band was. Thanks to one fan Kurt, I found out that some of Infinite was actually at the show. I had a chance to meet three of them and hang for the night. Cool bunch of people, wish I could have met the whole band. They gave me their demo and I have to be honest, I can’t stop listening to it. I got the others to check it out and we are all in agreement this band rocks. So go check them out if your in the area, if you aren’t a Florida native check their site out, this band is kick ass www.infinite-band.com.
We have a show tonight in Tampa hope to see some of you there. Ned


“Right on!” Alissa picked up the phone dialing the house.

“Yeah?”

“Dan, tell Carly that she needs to check out the Rooney message board. Ned posted about our band.”

“Really?” Dan smiled.

“Yeah turns out our fans were talking about us to Rooney and that’s why he came to talk to us last night. He also stated that Rooney loves our music. So that’s totally cool.” Alissa beamed.

“Hold on,” He moved the phone to his chest covering the receiver, “CARLY!! CAAR-LLYY!!”

“What!?” Carly yelled from her room.

“Alissa , says you need to read the Rooney message board. Ned posted about us!” Dan relayed the message before bringing the phone to his ear, “K, Done she knows.”

“Cool. So how was work today? Was it busy?”

“Just the usual Friday. Not much action until after four. So I only had to deal with that for an hour before heading home. Dean is gonna have a busy night though since we had a good shipment come in this afternoon.”

“Glad it’s him and not me.”Alissa chuckled, “Hey did Carly tell you I want to get the band together tomorrow and work stuff out?”

“Yeah, I’ll be here until later that night. I’ve got plans in the evening.”

“Got a date?” Alissa raised an eyebrow.

“Yeah, you can say that.”

“I just did. Hey put Carly on.”

“Carly! Phone!”

“Ugh, you’re very annoying.” Carly huffed walking into the living room, annoyed with all the yelling. She took the phone from Dan and walked out of the living room into the office, “What’s up?”

“Nothin’ just waiting for you’re reaction on Ned’s message.” Alissa smiled, “If I flipped I know you will.” she chuckled.

“You flipped?” Carly raised an eyebrow. Waiting for the site to come up.

“Yeah it was a nice post. I’m reading the fans replies and some of our fans commented, nice stuff. And others said they’ll check us out. So it’s great promotion.”

“He’s so sweet. Oh by the way, I emailed him back thanking him for his feedback on our album.” Carly smiled as she opened the message board.

“Good. So you there yet?”

“Just scrolling through looking for his post. Ah, there it is.” She opened it and read, leaving Alissa with silence until a giggle or awe came out of Carly’s mouth. “That was so sweet of him. I love that man.” Carly sighed with a smile.

Alissa chuckled, “I’m completely aware. Well that’s all I wanted. Tata.”

Carly set the phone on the desk and leaned back in the chair with a permanent smile, “I love Rooney.”