- Text Size +
Carly and Alissa were in the middle of their giggle fest about nothing as usual when the band Rooney came climbing off their bus. All very foggy minded from just waking up. Robert and Taylor walked right pass the girls and into the club. Carly looked over at the other three who were following them into the club, Alissa followed her eye view and gave a smile as she watched them disappear inside. Just as Ned was about to go in, he looked over and noticed the girls. He gave them a smile and turned, forgetting about going inside.

“Hey you two.” He kept his smile, taking two steps over to the girls, now standing over them.

“Hey Ned, just getting up?” Carly asked.

“Yep. So where’s the rest of the band?”

“Somewhere inside.” Alissa smiled up at him shielding her eyes from the sun.

“Sweet, how about you two girls come and introduce me to the rest of the band?”

“We can do that.” Carly said without hesitation.

Carly and Alissa managed to get up off the ground both brushing off their bottoms in case of any dirt that could be on their clothes. Ned waiting for them to lead the way, Alissa took the lead as Carly walked side by side with Ned. As the three stepped into the club Alissa’s attention was drawn across the room near the stage where Robert was talking to the manager of 40 Watt. A smile of appreciation across his face as he stood there listening to every word the man spoke, giving a hand shake and a nod Robert continued to listen to the man who spoke loud enough to be heard through out the room. He was speaking of how happy he is that Rooney decided to return to the club and how great it is that their success has grown so much since the last time visiting. Robert leaning his weight on his left leg with his left hand resting on his hip while the other ran across his unshaven chin. Robert’s attention always respectfully towards the man who was so thrilled to be speaking with him. Alissa kept walking but not taking her eyes off Robert he looked over at her and gave a smile, just as she smacked into a hard surface.

“I was trying to tell you.” Carly giggled.

“What?” Alissa looked at Carly then over at the man who was still hanging on to her making sure she was sturdy enough for her own two feet. His shaggy dark hair and scruffy beard through her for a moment before she remembered who he was, “I’m sorry Matt. I wasn’t watching where I was going.” Alissa’s cheeks turning pink from embarrassment.

“It’s alright, I never complain about running into beautiful women.” He smirked.

Alissa smiled, “You think I’m beautiful?” she raised an eyebrow.

“Oh good grief.” Carly rolled her eyes, “Keep moving girl, we are on a mission remember?” Carly placed her hands on both Alissa’s shoulders as she pushed her to keep walking.

“Later Matt.” Alissa waved with a smile as she was being pushed away. He just gave a half wave before chuckling.

“Do you even know where you’re going?” Carly stopped pushing.

“Not really, I’m just going on a hunch that the dressing rooms are through this door.” Alissa answered opening a door that was across stage right.

“You’d be correct.” Ned reassured.

“See, I’ve got good direction.” Alissa smiled proud.

“Good girl Lassie, What’s that? Timmy’s trapped in a well?” Carly spoke to Alissa like she was a dog, a collie to be exact. Patting Alissa’s head before she laughed.

Alissa looked at Carly not amused then smiled, “Ruff!” she barked and panted.

Carly and Ned both laughed as they walked pass her, Alissa now trailing them. Carly reading the doors, first door reading ‘E.B.E.’ the second door read; ‘Infinite’ “Here we are.” Carly opened the door and walked through with a smile as Ned followed.

“Ooh, do you realize this means we are sandwiched by two hot bands?” Alissa beamed as she walked into the dressing room.

“Only you would look at it that way Alissa.” Dan rolled his eyes.

“You’re a little frisky aren’t you?” Ned chuckled.

Alissa just responded with her eyebrows, moving them up and down playfully. She fell into the couch that was already being used by Mike, “Sure you can sit here.” he laughed.

“Thanks.” Alissa smiled up at him, her head resting in his lap while her legs hung over the couch arm.

“Alright, That’s Mike a.k.a Alissa’s pillow.” Carly started the introduction. Ned just smiled over at Mike giving a nod. “And that’s Dan. You met Kenny already.. Mike and Dan this is Ned, Rooney’s drummer.”

“Nice to meet you.” Mike put his hand out to shake, Ned having to take four steps over to shake his hand.

“Yeah, thanks for giving us a chance to open for you guys. Very cool of you.” Dan stood up from the comfy chair to shake Ned’s hand.

“We’re happy to have you here. So who does what in the band?” Ned asked curious.

“I’m lead guitar. Mike is Keys and back-up vocals.” Dan answered as he went back to sit down.

“And you’re drums,” He pointed to Carly as he worked his memory, “You’re Bass and Alissa you do all the singing. Right?” Ned raised an eyebrow of question.

“Pretty much. Cept Carly also sings back-up with Mike.” Alissa informed.

“Very cool, I can’t wait to see you guys live. I really enjoyed the album, it’s actually still in my disc player.”

“Sweet.” The five smiled.

“Well, I gotta find my band. I’m sure I’m being cursed right now.” Ned teased, “Later.” He gave a wave before walking out of the room.

Carly fell into the couch with a sigh, “He’s so cute.”

“Are we going to hear this for three days?” Ken questioned from across the room.

Alissa laughed, “Yes.” answering for Carly, who just scowled.

A knock at the door interrupted an argument that could have been had, Ken walked to the door opening it, “Hey.” he smiled as Carrick stood on the other side.

“The guys are ordering lunch, they want me to ask if anyone else wanted anything. So if you’re hungry find Lucas the Rooney Road Dawg.” Carrick smiled.

“I’m starving, thanks.” Dan pushed up out of the chair.

“Surprise, surprise.” Alissa rolled her eyes.

“Gotta eat.” Dan patted his flat well toned stomach.

All five of them strolled out to the main room where they found two fifths of Rooney plus Lucas. “You guys ordering out?” Kenny asked as he walked up to Lucas and Ned.

“Yeah man, you guys want to get something?” Ned looked up from a paper menu.

“I think we do.” Ken smiled.

“Once you figure what you want write it on this paper and I’ll order after everyone has filled out what they want. Leave the money for the meal with the paper.” Lucas explained before hopping up onto the stage.

After all of Infinite wrote down their order, they decided to chill out in the main room to wait for Rooney to start Sound check, all very interested in watching. “This is going to be cool.” Carly smiled as she took a seat on a bar stool, leaning her back against the bar.

“Perks of being an opening act.” Alissa grinned.

“Just don’t start squealing and going all teenie bopper on us girls.” Dan teased.

Both girls flipped him the bird in unison. The three guys laughed, Alissa was standing near Carly too hyper to sit so she just shifted her weight back and forth while cracking her knuckles out of habit. She gave Matt a smile who was sitting on the stage talking to Ned. Ned’s back to them she could tell he was telling some story because he was moving his hands and being animated. Matt locked eyes with her and gave a half smile before looking back at Ned who was still talking.

“Girl are you flirting?” Carly whispered with a giggle.

“Who me?” Alissa looked over her shoulder at Carly, playing innocent.

“Mmhmm.” Carly raised her brow.

“I plead the fifth.” Alissa grinned.

“So many boys so little time Liss?” Dan smirked.

“Always.” She smiled before looking back over at the stage, Ned no longer there. Leaving Matt alone sitting on the stage his feet dangling down while his Bass was sitting in his lap. He played the bass with no sound coming through since he wasn’t plugged in. He concentrated on his left hand as he moved it from fret to fret all the while his right hand plucking at the center. She tilted her head as she studied him, biting on her lip as she went into deep thought.

“She’s going to be trouble.” Kenny sighed watching Alissa.

“Nah, she’ll be cool. Don’t worry about it.” Dan bounced his knee as he sat next to Carly at the bar.

“What are you guys talking about?” Carly looked confused.

Ken pointed at Alissa, “Her flirting with all of Rooney. Can’t you see her brain working over time there?”

Carly chuckled, “Oh give me a break. She’s just having fun. Matt started it anyway.. And one boy in the band doesn’t count as flirting with all of Rooney.”

“She got you there.” Mike joined the conversation.

Ken sighed again, “Yeah well give her time.”

Carly rolled her eyes and turned to look at Alissa. “Girl, why don’t you just go talk to him?”

Alissa turned to face the bar, “What?”

“You’re staring him down enough just go talk to him.” Carly smiled encouragingly.

“I don’t want to bother him.” Alissa walked over to the bar and sat on the other side of Carly.

Mike of E.B.E. and another guy came walking out of the backstage area laughing about something, pulling everyone to look at them, Alissa whispered to Carly “Is that Kevin with Mike?”

“You’re asking me?” Carly laughed.

Alissa rolled her eyes with a chuckle before leaning in front of Carly to speak to Dan, once again whispering, “Is that Kevin with Mike?”

“Looks like it. We’ll find out sooner or later. We gotta meet him sometime before tonight.” Dan watched the two guys from Everybody Else walk out of the club.

Carly elbowed Alissa making Alissa look at her annoyed, “What?” Carly motioned her head towards the stage, Alissa followed the direction and automatically a smile formed. Robert stepped on to the stage with Taylor not to far behind. Robert picked up his guitar from the stand and strapped it on, pulling a pick from the microphone stand and placing his fingers on the second fret while strumming the guitar with two short strokes the sound coming out loud and clear. “Sounds good.” He smiled looking up, now realizing he had an audience.

Alissa’s smile never faltering, while Carly held a soft grin as she watched the stage. Carly’s grin turned to full smile once Ned walked on to the stage going straight for the drum set. Louie following but turning to stand behind the keys. Taylor strummed his guitar and hit a few foot pedals while strumming quick short strokes until he was happy. Matt stood on the other side of the stage from Taylor waiting for everyone to be ready while he was set minutes ago.

Robert walked up to the mic, “Looks like we get an audience for sound check.”

Infinite gave some cheers and claps, making the guys of Rooney chuckle and smile, “Guess that means we can’t fuck up.” Robert spoke into the mic looking over at Taylor with a grin. Taylor leaned into his mic, “No, that just means if we fuck up they have to sign contracts to never speak of this sound check.”

“Ah that’s right.” Robert chuckled before turning to look at the five hanging out at the bar, “Well, we’re happy to have you guys on the bill. And look forward to seeing you play tonight. Thanks for joining us. Uh, and happy to have you check out our sound check.” He laughed slightly at the end.

Rooney played various songs only playing all the way through one song while just playing a minute of the others. Stopping in the middle of songs to play with nobs and pedals as they fixed whatever they didn’t like until all was happy and called the sound check finished. On good timing as lunch just arrived.