- Text Size +
“I can’t let her go, I think I’m losing control, my momma said, I’d be a lady killer, I can’t make her cry, My friends are wondering why, they always thought I’d be a cold heart breaker, No, I’m just a faker. Ooh, Ahh..” Alissa sang along from the side of the stage, watching Everybody Else while bopping her head enjoying the show.

“They’re very good.” Carly said over the music.

Alissa nodded, “Of course.” taking her attention back to the stage.

Dan walked up to the two girls with a beer in hand standing in between the two, trying to get a good view of the three on stage. “This is their best song.”
Alissa looked over and smiled, “One of their best.”

The crowd responded wonderfully for Everybody Else, finding that most Rooney fans knew their music and loved their band. “It’s incredible to see you all singing along. We thought we only had that privilege in California.” Carrick spoke into the microphone with a big smile.

“WE LOVE YOU!!” a young fan hollered.

“We love you too.” Carrick chuckled. “This is our last song, you can pick up one of our LP’s at the merchandise stand. Get ready for this next band they rock.”

Everybody Else performed their song ‘Rich Girls, Poor Girls’ and then walked off the stage, finding three/fifths of Infinite side stage, “Hey, you guys catch the show?” Carrick asked downing a bottle of water.

“Every bit of it.” Alissa beamed, “You guys were incredible.”

“Thanks.” He smiled back before walking backstage dripping with sweat.

Kenny walking out just as Carrick went in, “You three ready?”

Carly, Dan and Alissa nodded up and down. Alissa fidgeting showed her nerves. Carly seemed calm as she playfully hit Dan with her drumsticks. “Got that beat, got, got that beat.”

“Do I look like you’re personal drum?” Dan raised an eyebrow.

“Do you really want me to answer that?” Carly smirked.

“Where’s Mike?” Alissa asked Ken.

“He’s coming, he was in a conversation with Louie.”

“Aww, we’re they bonding over keyboards?” Carly smiled.

“Yes actually.” Kenny laughed.

“Y’all ready?” the club manager asked when he came up behind them squeezing through to get by to step onto the stage.

“Um,” Alissa looked over his shoulder just as Mike came through the backstage door, she smiled, “Yeah, we’re ready.”

He walked on stage the crowd got excited, “This next band was found in Orlando, Florida by Ned Brower, you know him right?” the crowd got loud on the mention of Ned’s name. The manager smiled big, “Yeah, I thought so. Give a warm welcome to this up and coming band; Infinite!” as he walked off the stage the five walked on. Alissa waved to the crowd. She went straight for center stage where her mic awaited, “How’s everybody doing tonight?” She asked calmly.

The crowd gave a little noise, “Come on, you can do better then that. You just saw Everybody Else, weren’t they awesome?”

The crowd got louder that time, she just smiled, “Ready for some more music?” they got a little louder. Enough for her to move on, “This song is called, Mystery.”

She looked over her shoulder at Carly giving her a nod. Carly counted off and started the beat. The beat was up tempo with a sixties feel, Mike using his synthesizers mixed with Carly’s beat. Alissa began to sing, “I looked at you, you looked at me, I can’t seem, to move my feet. My Mouth is moving, but I can’t speak.” She played the crowd as she sang, taking the mic and getting closer to the audience, playing off a few of the guys in the front. “You give me a smile, My knees get weak, My nerves are shakin’, I’m about to freak.” She moved to the other side of the stage continuing to sing at the corner of her eye she saw a few bodies side stage. She gave them a smile realizing it was Robert, Taylor and Matt from Rooney. They hid in the dark hoping no one in the audience would notice them, she looked back at the crowd.

Once the song was over the crowd gave applause with a few hollers, one in particular making Infinite smile, “Let’s hear ‘Craving’!”

“Ooh, we’ve got a fan in the house.” Alissa chuckled squinting at the bright light in her face as she tried to find the man behind the request.

“Alissa I love you!!” he yelled.

“Mmm, well, I love you too darlin’.” She smiled flirtatiously. “Let’s give the man what he wants.” Alissa looked over at Ken, he smiled with a nod.

“For the man in the back, Here’s ‘Craving’.” She spoke in a sexy tone when she said the title of the song. She closed her eyes and listened to Kenny play the bass line, the only thing you hear for the first eleven seconds of the song. Dan comes in with his guitar followed by Carly tapping the drum. The opening of the song being only music for 20 seconds before Alissa comes in with her vocals. Singing about wanting and needing someone, craving for them when they’re not around. Her vocals drip with sensuality and her movements and actions going with the lyrics she sang. Mike and Carly singing back up here and there, but mainly for the chorus. Alissa always playing the crowd when she sang. She would have the guys reaching to touch her when she get close to the edge. The song ended and the crowd showed their love.

“Thank you, this next one you might know. All of us in the band love singing cover songs, it’s a way for us to show love to our favorite bands. And tonight we thought we’d do a great song by Blondie..” Alissa took a drink of water before finishing, “Here’s ‘Call Me’.”

The drums and lead guitar starting off with that familiar tune, “Color me your color baby, Color me your car, color me your color darlin’, I know who you are, come up off your color chart, I know where you’re coming from.” her voice so close to Deborah Harry’s made the audience pay attention. Alissa leaned on Dan as she sang, he leaned his head into her to get close to the mic so he could sing back up with Mike and Carly on the chorus. The audience right along with them with every “Call Me” .

Carly beating away on the drums, her hair flying all over as she got into the music. Sometimes having to really remind herself she had to sing from time to time, she turned to her left to sing into the mic still beating on the drums. Mike getting to play the keyboards like no bodies business concentrated as he played the solo he shared with Carly. Alissa all the while dancing around the stage in true eighties style having lots of fun.

Alissa walking over to Mike she noticed Louie was now standing with the others on the side stage, knowing that most of Rooney was watching the show surprisingly didn’t make her nervous, it just made her want to give even more. She sang to Mike for a few seconds before turning back to the crowd. Everyone jumping around and singing along gave the band so much more energy. Infinite was having a blast and didn’t want to come down from their high. As the song ended Alissa was breathing heavy, “Whooo, that was too much fun.”

“We’re going to slow it down and give you a taste of Infinite acoustic style.” Alissa pulled her bar stool to the center of the stage. As Carly and Mike also got a bar stool sitting on each side of Alissa. While Dan placed his acoustic guitar on he stood at the end next to Mike. While Kenny stood on the other end next to Carly also wearing an acoustic guitar the only difference was he had a bass pick up installed in his guitar to give it the acoustic bass sound. “I think it’s also time to introduce ourselves.”

“Dan you’re hot!!” a girl screamed from the second row.

“I think she knows us.” Mike chuckled into his microphone.

“Well for those of you who don’t know let me introduce you to my favorite people in the whole world. First over there the man who has been playing some wicked Bass lines tonight is the one and only Kenny..” She allowed the crowed to clap before she continued, “This beautiful young lady next to me who can play drums as good or better then any man I know.”

“Don’t get me in trouble.” Carly chuckled into her mic.

“It’s true, am I right? Can’t she play the shit of the drums?” Alissa asked the audience who showed their love for Carly by screaming and clapping. “See? Anywho, I’ll stop embarrassing her, this is Carly.” the crowd clapped and whistles were heard making Carly grin.

Alissa turned her body to be towards Mike, “And this gorgeous man, our “pretty boy” of the band.” Mike gave her a look of don’t go there. Alissa giggled, “But he’s not just good looking he’s very talented when it comes to playing the keyboards. Oh and he’s single ladies, this is Mike.” The girls went crazy for him, with no surprise since he was a beautiful man; Orlando Bloom clone. “Thank you.” Mike spoke into the mic.

“And as that girl over there already mentioned, Our Hot guitarist Dan is incredibly talented, you haven’t seen nothin’ yet from that man. He can knock your socks off with his talent on that guitar.” there was clapping and hollers along with more hormonal teenage girls screaming their love for him.

Mike took over, “And last but not least, our lead singer Alissa.”

“Thanks, this next song is a favorite of mine, I think actually a favorite of all of ours?” Alissa looked at the others in the band who all spoke in the mic or just gave an inaudible response of yes.

“This song was written by Carly and Mike. It’s such a beautiful poetic song and doing it live acoustic style brings out even more of it’s beauty. I hope you enjoy it as much as we do. This is ‘Moment’.”

Dan and Kenny played their guitars as Carly began to sing, two lines later Mike joins her. Beautifully harmonized as their voices melt with the music. Alissa smiled as she watched the crowd sway, she followed their lead and swayed along. Not having to sing until the chorus, she joined in with Mike and Carly, all together singing the beautifully written lyrics.

Infinite played three more songs and had the crowd loving them. The band was full of adrenaline and not wanting to leave the stage, loving the crowds energy. After their last song, Alissa was beaming, “Thank you so much, get ready cause up next is.. ROONEY!!” she ran off the stage being the last to leave.

When they got backstage all of Rooney was standing inside the door waiting to go on, they gave their praise to Infinite letting them know they enjoyed the show. “Have a great show you guys.” Carly smiled as she walked by straight for the dressing room.

Alissa just smiled and followed she wanted to quickly change so she could watch Rooney. When she got into the dressing room, Carly was already behind the changing screen. So Alissa went over to the mirror and took a towel to wipe off the sweat and fix her hair and make up as much as possible. Once Carly came out from back of the screen she was wearing stone washed well-worn tight jeans that had a rip at the left knee. Finishing the outfit with a white tank top looking like it was made just for her body. A casual look, but she made it sexy cool without trying. Alissa went to the back of the screen as Carly took the place in front of the mirror, reapplying her make up and pulling her hair up into a clip.

The guys just changing into t-shirts and jeans headed out to the crowd way before the girls were ready. “You almost ready?” Carly asked.

“Uh huh.” Alissa said just as she came out from the screen, sporting bagging cranberry pants that we’re cut at the bottom to be turned into capri’s. A black leather belt with a rhinestone belt buckle that said ‘Rock’ helped hold the pants up around her small waist. She wore a black short sleeve shirt that showed a little skin, a peek of the belly button.

“Let’s go watch Rooney.” Carly smiled a little giddy as she opened the dressing room door.