- Text Size +
As Carly and Alissa walked out of the backstage area they noticed their band mates were surrounded by some girls. “Ugh, I just want to watch the show.” Carly frowned.

“Let’s just stand here and once the show is over we can join the rest of the band. Do the whole autograph thing.” Alissa suggested.

“I was hoping to get a better view, but this is good too.” Carly sat down on a black cargo box side stage, Alissa stood next to her. Both claiming a spot for the show, able to see all five guys at an angle.

Taylor jumped around with full energy while playing the hell out of his guitar. Ned throwing his head around making his tight curls bounce and fly as he beat the drums. Louie looked down at the keyboard hiding behind his long hair playing shy and not making eye contact with the audience. Matt all the way on the other side of the stage stood there like a statue, only moving his hands as he played the bass that was strapped to his body, his head once in awhile looking down at the instrument or he’d let go and move his head with the beat. Then there was Robert the front man of Rooney, always driving the girls crazy. Doing his signature moves as he sang or giving a smile when he talked. The two girls of Infinite were in their own world as they watched Rooney on stage. Both singing along to every song, studying their favorite men of the band.

The show ending with “I’m Shakin”, Carly and Alissa made their way off the stage and into the crowded venue just as the last verse of the song came around. Both girls walking straight for their band mates. “Hey girls, where you been?” Mike asked with a smile.

“Watching the show.” Carly gave a half smile.

“Very cool.” He nodded. “Except, You missed some of our fans.”

“That’s okay, at least they met you guys.” Carly shrugged.

“You didn’t miss too much, a few were gushing over Mike and one was ready to attack Dan and claim him as hers.” Kenny chuckled, “Then there were a couple that just wanted an autograph or picture. I don’t know how many really knew us before tonight’s show.” he finished.

“Well as long as they like and know us now.” Alissa smiled.

“Exactly.” Mike and Ken said together.

“So what’s the plan for the evening?” Alissa asked grabbing Mike’s beer and taking a sip of it before putting it back in his hand.

“We discussed it and think it’d be best to get a room here in town, instead of heading to Atlanta tonight to get a room. It’ll be cheaper here.” Kenny explained.

Alissa nodded in agreement, Carly was zoning as she leaned against Dan, her arm resting on his right shoulder. The place was pretty much at a stand still, no one leaving. Just hanging about talking and waiting for Rooney. All the fans filled with hopes that the band will come out and mingle and give them their dream chance of meeting their favorite band members. As the five of Infinite were standing in a circle facing each other, talking and laughing and minding their own business some fans started to approach. Two young girls, being a little timid. Ken stopped talking and gave them a smile. He knew they were waiting for the right moment to get the attention of the band. Alissa and Mike turned to see what Ken was looking at.

“Um, hi, we’re big fans of yours. We actually drove up from Tampa too see you here.” The young red head began, “And, uh, I just love your music. Can I get a picture with you guys?”

“Of course.” Kenny smiled pulling her over to stand in between him and Dan. Carly put her arm around Mike who was standing on the other side of her as he pulled Alissa in next to him. A group picture was taken for the young girl and then her friend a petite blond took the place between Kenny and Dan. The red head took the picture. “Thank you so much.”

“Sure thing, so how’d you like the show?” Dan warmed up to the young fans.

“Incredible as always. We’ve seen you guys five times now. It’s like you guys just get better and better. I loved tonight’s Cover song.” The Red head beamed.

“Ohmygod, it sounded so good. But, I gotta say my favorite cover tune so far is the Fleetwood Mac song you did at the Orlando show, um I think it was called ‘The Chain’?” The blond fan joined in on the gushing.

“Yeah ‘The Chain’ we do that one often actually. I’m glad you like it.” Alissa smiled.

“Dan likes the guitar solo he gets from it.” Carly smirked.

“Damn right.” Dan added.

The girls chatted with the band for a few more seconds before getting autographs. After they got a few things signed they walked away and disappeared in the crowd. “I’m getting a beer.” Carly announced before walking off. “I’ll be back in a sec.” Alissa walked off in a different direction.

Alissa squeezed through people to get back to the backstage door, showing her badge that hung around her neck to the venue security who stood near the door, she opened the door quick and heard a cry, “AHH!” she walked in and saw Matt standing there now up against the wall behind the door. Alissa covered her mouth with her hand as her eyes got big, “Oh My God!” she muffled behind her hand.

“Yeah, I could use his help. Damn, you got a death wish for me or what?” Matt chuckled still up against the wall.

She dropped her hand as she laughed and closed the door, “No honest I have nothing against you.”

“Then, I’m scared to know how you’d treat me if I pissed you off.” He smirked.

“I suggest to not piss me off.” Alissa smiled back, “You heading out into the crowd?”

“I was yeah, there still lots of people out there?” he stepped away from the wall towards her, his eyes hiding behind dark black sunglasses.

“Yep, I don’t think anyone has left actually.” She gave a raise of the eyebrows and waited for his reaction. But it never changed, it was hard to read him and that made her want to figure him out more.

“You leaving?” He asked with no expression.

“Nope, I just wanted to get something from the dressing room. I’ll see you out there.” She gave a smile before walking off towards the dressing room. Leaving Matt to head out to the chaos. Alissa walked into the room and went straight for her messenger bag that was set on a table near the mirrored counter. She dug through it and found her purple sharpie and placed it in her pocket, she went back digging and found her camera she checked the exposure count seeing she had seven more pictures left she smiled and closed the bag and headed out of the room, as she stepped out of the room she saw Robert heading for the club door, “Hey Robert, wait up.” she called out.

He stopped and looked to see who called him, he saw Alissa and smiled, “You just now heading out there?”

“Oh no, I watched the whole Rooney set. I just needed to get something.” She couldn’t stop smiling.

He opened the door, “Ladies first.”

“Why thank you.” She walked through and looked over her shoulder at him as he followed, she gave a wink and then turned to look ahead. She scanned the room quickly as she stepped into the crowd. She saw Dan first, more like she saw his mohawk. She squeezed through people trying to be as polite as she could. Once she got to him she felt like it was a big accomplishment, “My goodness, this place is packed. Is it just me or is it now holding more people then it was during the show?”

“I think it has filled in more.” Dan responded as he was watching people.

“Where’s the gang?”

“Carly never came back after her beer run, Mike and Kenny went outside for a second and said they’d be back.” He looked down at his watch, “That was about five minutes ago.”

“Probably got lost in the crowd.” Alissa chuckled.


“Hey stranger.” A voice spoke from behind her, Carly looked over her shoulder as she was leaning on the bar. A smile graced her face once again that evening, “Hey.”

“What you drinking?” he squeezed in to stand next to her at the bar. She looked him over, grinning at his curls being pulled back into a ponytail but a few strands to short hung against his forehead.

“Nothing, I still haven’t been waited on.” Carly showed her slight annoyance.

“It’s a busy night.” He gave that perfect smile.

“Lots of Rooney fans in Athens it looks like.”

Ned watched the bartender walk pass them, he whistled for him, “Excuse me!” the guy kept going. Ned looked at Carly and gave her a funny look to make her laugh he was successful as she giggled, “Well at least it’s not just me.”

“Maybe it is you.” He smirked with a hint of no good, “I might need to get away from you and see if I can get some service.”

“Do what you like.” Carly said with a raised brow of attitude, but a smile giving her away.

“I’d like to get you a drink,” He paused looking for the bartender. As one of them came closer Ned raised his hand to get the guys attention. Carly just smiled as she watched him. The bartender noticed Ned and came towards him, “What can I get you sir?”

“The lady’s been waiting for awhile, why don’t you ask her first?” Ned kept a straight face.

Carly tried to not smile big, but with Ned’s gesture she couldn’t help but want to smile. The bartender turned to her, “What would the lady like?”

“Coors light please.”

“Sir?” The bartender looked back at Ned.

“Heineken please.” Ned tapped the bar with his right finger tips, before turning to lean against the bar to look at Carly facing her side ways. Now very close to her as there was very little room around them. “You guys hanging out for awhile?”

Carly shrugged, “I guess. I think were staying in town tonight. Then we’re heading to Atlanta in the morning. So yeah most likely we’ll be hanging here or some other bar for awhile.”

“Cool. We’re doing the same.” Ned was interrupted by the bartender who placed both beers in front of them, Ned pulled out money from his front left pocket. Carly placing money on the bar for her beer. Ned pushed it towards her, “I got this.”

“No that’s okay. I can pay for mine.” Carly pushed the money back towards the bartender who just watched to see what Ned was going to do.

“I got it.” Ned placed the money in the guys hands giving a nod.

Carly rolled her eyes and put the money back in her pocket, “Well, Thanks for the beer.” she smiled and turned to look across the crowd to find a familiar face.

“We’re sitting in the back lounge if you’d like to join us.” Ned stood next to her watching her scan the crowd.

“Um,” She scanned slowly and relaxed when she saw Dan and Alissa, “Maybe I’ll join you in a few.” she gave him another smile before walking away.


“You’re such a dork. If people only knew.” Alissa laughed.

“I’m a unique individual and misunderstood, this does not make me a dork.” Dan protested in his defense.

“Whatever.” Alissa rolled her eyes.

“What’s going on?” Carly smiled as she joined them.

“Not much, actually I’m thinking of getting some air.” Alissa informed.

“We’ve been invited to the back lounge by Rooney if you want to go back there.” Carly smiled.

“Ooh Nice, let’s go.”Alissa smiled big.

“I’m gonna go look for Mike and Kenny.” Dan told the girls, “We’ll meet you back there.”

“Coolage.” Alissa responded as she went to follow Carly towards the back lounge.