- Text Size +
Carly and Alissa walked into the back lounge a little surprised to find that it wasn’t just Rooney and Everybody Else back there, they had quite a few fans in the room too. It wasn’t closed off to the rest of the bar so when fans found out that the bands were back there they were free to come back and meet them. The boys of Rooney all sat together at a big table with fans standing in line for autographs and pictures. The guys didn’t seem too excited to be interacting with fans, none really giving any smiles. Except Matt who showed lots of warmth. If you watched closely Robert gave his full attention to every single fan but he didn’t smile to often.

“You’d think they’d be happy to have fans.” Carly commented.

Alissa shrugged. “Ooh, there’s Carrick, Mike and Kevin let’s go sit with them.” Alissa pointed out Everybody Else sitting behind Rooney, two tables to the left of the fandom.

Both Carly and Alissa walked up to the three guys who were enjoying conversation and a good beer. “Hey boys, can we join you?” Carly asked with a smile.

“It’d be an honor.” Mike pushed out a chair next to him.

Carly took the seat that was offered while Alissa grabbed a chair at a table nearby and placed it near Carrick which made her sit with her back to Taylor. Alissa looked over at the Rooney table one more time before sitting, the guys were all busy with fans and it didn’t look like it’d be slowing down anytime soon. She took her seat and rested her elbows on the table, “So you guys having a good evening?”

“It’s pretty calm so far, how about you?” Mike took a sip of his beer after he answered.

“Cool so far, it was way too crowded out in the main room.” Carly relaxed in her seat.

“Yeah, a little suffocating. I’m hoping it’ll stay out there and not move in here.” Carrick smiled.

“Carrick you have the most beautiful blue eyes.. I’m sure you hear that a lot.” Alissa blurted.

Carly chuckled, “Don’t mind her, she’s just random.”

Carrick smiled at Carly then over at Alissa, “Thanks for the compliment.”

“Excuse me, Carrick can I get your autograph?”A female interrupted, standing behind Alissa.

“Sure.” He smiled bright.

More fans started to come over wanting EBE’s attention. A small handful of fans would stop to talk with Carly and Alissa and find more out about the band. Which the two girls were happy to answer any questions. Twenty minutes later Kenny, Dan and Mike finally joined them in the back lounge.

“Hey girls, have you been getting lots of fans wanting autographs?” Dan asked with a big smile.

“Not really, why?” Carly raised an eyebrow.

“While we were outside we kept getting stopped, we couldn’t get back inside because so many girls were wanting pictures with us. It was very cool.” Mike beamed.

Alissa chuckled, “So how far has the egos grown?”

“For real, I’m surprised you were actually able to get back into the bar. So how many phone numbers did you get?” Carly teased.

“I’m appalled you’d make the insinuation that we would take advantage of our fans.” Dan over dramatized.

The girls chuckled along with the three from EBE. The two bands hung out around the table and enjoyed conversations mostly dealing with music, a lot of exchanging horror stories from the road and on stage. Keeping each other laughing and enjoying the evening.

“Hey can we join you guys?” Robert smiled as he walked towards the table.

“The more the merrier.” Kenny responded for everyone.

“Let’s push some tables together.” Taylor suggested as he grabbed a side of his table. Kevin and Dan got up to help the guys push two tables together. Giving enough room for all three bands to hang out all together. Carly excused herself from the table and Alissa gave her a questioning look. Carly mouthed ‘Restroom’ and Alissa nodded. Seconds later Alissa followed.

Alissa walked into the restroom to find Carly standing in line, “You decide you had to go?” Carly chuckled.

“Yeah, delay reaction.”

“So, can I ask you something?” Carly lowered her voice.

Alissa creased her brow, “Sure.”

Carly looked at the other females in the bathroom before turning back to Alissa, “Are you interested in someone right now?”

“I’m interested in a lot of someone’s right now.” Alissa laughed with a smile.

“So you aren’t just focusing on Matt? Cause it seemed you have a crush on him.” Carly kept her voice down knowing that the girls are all Rooney fans.

Alissa shrugged, “It could be a crush, but I’m not like trying to do anything about it. I have a crush on a few of the men on this tour. I’m just having fun getting to know them.” Alissa smiled.

“That’s cool. I was just curious that’s all.”

“Well since we’re letting our curiosity get the best of us, can I ask you something?”

“Shoot.” Carly grinned.

“What’s the deal with you and Ned?”

Carly smiled big, her cheeks turning pink. “Just friendly flirting at the moment.”

“So, I’m not the only one having the fun.” Alissa smirked.

“Nope.” Carly smiled as she disappeared into a stall.

As the two girls walked back into the lounge they were both happy to see that the three tables pushed together for the bands was fan free. Though there were other people in the lounge but all doing their own thing and leaving the bands alone. All the guys were in conversation, having a good time. Smiles on pretty much all their faces. Carly and Alissa stopped to figure out where to sit. Robert stood up, “Let me get you two, some chairs.”

Robert went to ask for two more chairs from a table nearby, being polite to those at the table. He carried a chair under each arm. He set them on each side of him making Louie and Carrick scoot down to give room for the girls. “Thank you.” Carly smiled at Robert.

“You’re such a gentleman.” Alissa smiled.

“Suck up!” one of the guys yelled from the end of the table. Making the rest chuckle.

Alissa sat in between Louie and Robert while Carly sat on the other side of Robert, right next to Carrick. She was bummed that Ned was at the other end of the table. She wanted to be seated next to him but didn’t want to be too obvious. So she made the best of where she was. Across from her was Kenny and Dan. At the end of the table in between Carrick and Dan was Kevin. She was glad Dan and Kenny was across from her, this way she knew at least two people nearby she could keep conversation with if things get awkward. She looked pass Robert and noticed as usual Alissa was carrying on a conversation with the men around her with total ease.

“How long have you played drums?” Kevin asked Carly.

“Huh?” She asked not hearing the question as she turned to look at him.

“Drums, how long have you been playing?” he repeated.

“Oh, I’ve played for five years. I’ve played very well for four years.” She chuckled.

“Cool, so did you guys know each other and then put the band together?” Carrick asked trying to get to know Infinite better.

“Actually, Carly and Alissa knew each other from childhood. And both have always been into music, so they wanted to put a band together. I found out that Carly was looking to put a band together, so I approached her. Carly and I knew each other somewhat because we worked at the Magic Kingdom together.” Kenny giving his side of the story.

“You worked at Disney?” Carrick smiled at Carly.

“Still do, we all have kept our jobs. I work the Pirates ride. He’s the walking dead at the Haunted Mansion.” Carly smiled at Ken.

“Very cool.” Carrick smiled with a nod.

“How did you get involved Dan?” Kevin asked.

“I work with Alissa at a record store. The first guitar player didn’t work out and Alissa was stressing about a gig they had coming up so I told her I could help out for the night. And then I ended up being a permanent replacement.” Dan smiled.

Ken took over the story, “And last but not least, Mike was found on accident. The two girls were visiting a friend at Full Sail College to get help on a demo that the band wanted to put together. And Mike so happened to be really good friends with this dude. And he suggested we add keyboards to our sound.”

Carly interrupted, “And we were sooo not wanting that. We felt our band was good enough as it was. But, once Mike played a little for us, Alissa and I asked him to come to a practice day so the whole band could hear him and that way we could get a feel of what the sound would be as five, and all of us agreed we had to keep Mike.”

“Very cool. So are you a fairly new band then?” Carrick asked.

“Not really, the five of us have been a band for a little over two years. Now, the three of us have been doing this band thing together for four years.” Carly answered.


Carly looked down at the table to see what the rest were discussing. She noticed Ned was laughing with Mike, Matt and Taylor. But she couldn’t hear what they were talking about that was so funny, they were too far away and with the music playing loudly, plus everyone talking over the music made it very difficult to hear the person next to her, let alone the guys at the other end of the table. She frowned once again, wishing she was at the other end of the table where Ned seemed to be enjoying the night. She noticed Robert and Alissa were in their own discussion as if there was a bubble around them keeping them closed off from the rest of the room. Both flirting and enjoying each others company, Carly smiled happy to see they were hitting it off. When she scanned the table again she locked eyes with Ned, he gave her a smile. She smiled back before breaking the eye contact by turning to face Carrick again, finding he was talking about how Everybody Else formed as a band. She just nodded and acted as if she was interested, but in reality she wasn’t hearing a thing he said, she was thinking about Ned and wondering if he was still looking at her.

“Excuse me, I need another drink.” She stood up and headed for the bar. She sighed as she leaned against the bar, a quick smile to the bartender who held up his index finger letting her know he’d be there in a second.

“How’s it going?” Ned asked her, startling her at first. She looked over at him with a smile, “It’s good I guess. You enjoying your evening?”

“Yeah, Mike was telling us some great stories about your band.” Ned kept his half smile as he talked. Making him cuter every second.

She bit on her lower lip trying to control the urge to attack him. Or just keeping herself from making a fool out of herself by blurting out something stupid like ‘I think you’re hot, I want you now!’. A giggle slipped from her lips and he tilted his head with a questioning brow. She just shook her head, “Nothing, sorry. What were you saying?”

“Nothing really. You should come join us at the other end of the table. I think we’re more fun.” Ned smirked.

“Oh is that right? You saying that Carrick and Kevin can’t be fun?”

“I didn’t say that. I just noticed you weren’t enjoying the evening as much as you could be. That’s all.” He smiled and made eye contact. Carly held his gaze for a moment before making herself pull away. Very thankful the bartender came over. She ordered another beer, Ned asked the bartender to bring over two pitchers of beer with glasses to their table.

“If I knew you were doing that I wouldn’t have gotten a bottle.” Carly sighed.

“Drink it up baby, we have all night.” He smirked before walking away.

She watched him walk off, sighing with a devilish smirk. When she pushed away from the bar, she started for her seat next to Robert and Carrick but then decided to just grab the chair and move it down in between Mike and Ned. “I thought I’d join you guys, see what trouble you’re scurrying up.” Carly smiled as she set her beer on the table.

“It’s about time one of you girls joined us.” Ned flirted.

Carly just smiled at him then looked at Mike, “I hear you’re telling stories.”

“Don’t worry I didn’t tell them about you losing your drumstick two weeks ago.” Mike chuckled.

Carly scowled, “Thanks.”

“Wait, what? Now you gotta tell us.” Matt smirked.

“No you don’t.” Carly laughed.

“Well, see..” Mike began.

“Just remember you haven’t always been graceful either Michael.” Carly raised an eyebrow with her threat.

“Anyway, Carly was getting into our song ‘Uncool’, she was banging the drums hard and just going wild, then all of a sudden she loses grasp of one of the sticks and it goes flying into the audience. Alissa almost was hit in the back of the head, but was missed by just half an inch. I busted out laughing so hard, especially seeing Carly’s face of horror.”

“Thanks.” Carly rolled her eyes.

All the guys laughed, “So basically you were playing ‘uncool’ while being way ‘uncool’.” Matt laughed.

“Pa dum bump.” Carly made the noise of the drum showing Matt how lame his joke was.

“Haven’t you ever had something like that happen to you?” She looked at Ned.

“I’ve dropped a stick a few times or tossed it behind me but, never towards the crowd.” He smirked.

“Well, never say never.” Carly smiled.

The group of them at the end of the table continued to have some good laughs at each others expense while the rest of the table enjoyed their own conversations. The night went long but it was hardly noticed. Too much fun was being had, a lot of alcohol and silly conversations. Around four in the morning they all stumbled out of the bar and into their own vehicles. “Hey, you guys aren’t driving are you?” Robert asked Alissa.

“Ken will be yeah.” Alissa answered leaning on Robert, having had way too much to drink.

“No, I think all of you should just climb on the bus. We’ll take you to the hotel.” Robert suggested.

“That’s so sweet.” Alissa yawned.

“Hey Ken!” Robert hollered.

Kenny looked up as he unlocked the van, he didn’t respond he just waited for Robert to walk over. “Why don’t you five just come with us?”

“We’ll be fine, I haven’t had a drink for over an hour.” Ken opened the driver side door.

“You sure?” Robert looked concerned, as he still was holding up Alissa.

Carly and Dan climbed into the back of the van as Mike took Alissa from Robert to help her get in the van. Mike shut the back door and climbed into the front seat. “Thanks for the offer Robert. But, we’ll be fine.” Mike gave a nod before shutting the door. Robert walked off to the bus, hoping Ken was sober enough for the drive. The drive to the hotel was only four blocks over and they made it there in one piece. Ken went inside to get their room while the rest were already sleeping in the van. Once he got checked in he parked the van on the other side of the Best Western hotel. Infinite made their way into the one room with two double beds and a roll away. All passing out as soon as they entered the room. All wanting to get their three hours of sleep before hitting the road.