- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Well here it is Folks enjoy!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~Hailey’s POV~
I just let Brian hold me. This was so much harder then I ever thought it was going to be. Why did everything have to be so complicated?
“I’m sorry.” I said and pulled away from him.
“We started this together and we’ll finish it together.” Brian said grabbing my hand. “Look I love you Hailey, more then just a friend.”
“Is that enough though?” I asked searching his eyes.
“Love is enough to get through anything.” He said and kissed my forehead.
“Then what happened to you and Leighann.” I asked. “Didn’t you love her too?”
“We just fell out of love.” He said running his fingers through my hair. “We grew apart. She was never the one I was supposed to spend forever with.”
“What’s to say the same won’t happen to us?” I asked.
“Do you know how long I’ve loved you?” He asked. “Since I gave you myself for the first time, you were the only one I wanted to spend my life with.”
“What about Leighann?” I asked.
“I loved her, but she was no you.” He said and sighed. “I’m sorry, Hailey, I never meant for this to happen. I really wish things could be different.”
“I love you Brian, I really do.” I said and touched his arm. “I really wish things were different too, but they’re not and we’ll just have to deal with things as they come.”
“Whatever they throw at us, we’ll get together.” He said pulling me close to him. “So how did you figure out it was your brother?”
“She pretty much told me as much.” I said. “Then I called my brother. He sent me pictures.”
“Oh God.” He said and pulled away from me.
“I’m sorry.” I said. “I have a feeling the only reason he did it was to get back at me for the fact that I got everything.”
“It’s not your fault.” He said. “What are you going to do to your brother?”
“I have no idea yet.” I said. “But right now, you are my only concern. My dick head of a brother will get what’s coming to him in due time.”
“Thank you.” He said and looked up at me.
“We started this together and we’ll finish it together.” I said. “Does she know you know?”
“I don’t think so.” He said.
“Good.” I said and smiled.
“Why is that good?” He asked.
“Since I’ll have proof she cheated on you, it’ll be easier for you to get custody of Baylee.” I said.
“What about us?” He asked.
“Unless she has pictures of us having sex, then she can’t really prove that we’ve slept together. She can’t use the picture of us kissing.” I said.
“Why?” He asked.
“All it proves is the fact that we kiss.” I said. “That’s nothing compared to what I have on her.”
“Oh.” He said.
“The prenup is our saving grace in this.” I said.
“I’m glad you talked me into signing it.” He said.
“I really hoped that you’d never have to use it.” I said and sighed.
“Me too, but I’m glad we have it.” He said.
I just smiled at him and sat on the couch. He sat next to me and laced his fingers with mine.
“So what do we do now?” He asked.
“Find you a divorce lawyer.” I said. “I’ll make a few calls and see if any of my friends know of a good one in Atlanta.”
“Thank you for all of this.” He said.
“I have something to tell you.” I said and played with his fingers.
“What?” He asked.
“That first night, we didn’t use protection.” I said. “And I’m not on the pill.”
“We’ll deal with it if it happens.” He said.
“But I also slept with Nick that night.” I said not looking at him.
“I know.” He said.
“Wait you know?” I asked looking at him shocked.
“You guys woke me up. You weren’t exactly quite.” He said and shrugged. “I can’t be mad at you for it. And if you do end up pregnant and its Nick’s we’ll figure it out.”
“I love you.” I said and kissed our joined hands.
“I love you too.” He said. “I’m hungry let’s go get something to eat.”
“Why not order room service?” I asked.
“Because we’re not hiding anything,” He said standing up.
“Right.” I said as he pulled me up.
“I’ll be by your side the whole time.” He said and pulled me towards the door.
I sighed and picked up my purse from where I had dropped it by my bags.
The ride down stairs was quite, neither of us knew what to say. But once we hit the lobby, everyone was staring at us. Brian just squeezed my hand and planted a smile on his face. The only way I could tell he wasn’t happy was the tension in his arm. And as much as I didn’t want to smile, I knew I had to. So I planted a smile on my face and held my head high.
“How many?” The Hostess asked as we reached the restaurant.
“Two please.” Brian said in pleasant voice.
“Right this way.” She said.
We didn’t say anything as we followed behind her.
Once we were seated, I picked up a menu to see what I wanted. I wasn’t that hungry, but I would eat something small.
“Well at least this will make a good twist for your book.” He said.
“I’m not putting this in the book.” I said looking at him.
“Why not?” He asked.
“Because it’s too real to be fiction,” I said. “And I wouldn’t do that to you.”
“Even with my permission?” He asked.
“I’m not doing it.” I said and shook my head.
“Okay.” He said.
“So how do you want to go about this?” I asked. “We leave tomorrow and head to Denver.”
“All we can do for now is just make phone calls.” He said.
“Okay.” I said as a waiter walked over to us.
We ordered and he walked away.
“Should I try and call Leighann?” He asked.
“If you want.” I said. “Just don’t let her know that I told you about her and Jackass.”
“Should I adviser to her to find a good lawyer?” He asked.
“It’s up to you Love.” I said. “Though I’d talk to Baylee.”
“God he must be so crushed.” He said and hung his head.
“That’s if she told him.” I said as my phone rang.
I pulled it out of my purse. It was Leighann again.
“What?” I asked answering the damned thing.
“I want to talk to my husband.” She said baiting me.
I wasn’t going to take it, I had way to much to lose now.
“Here he is.” I said and handed the phone to Brian.
He gently took it from me and held it to his ear.
As Leighann ranted on and on his face grew dimmer and dimmer. God if she was threatening him, I was going to beat me some bitch.
After he hung up, he handed me my phone back and took a long drink of water. He didn’t look happy at all.
“What did she say?” I asked.
“She’s refusing to divorce me until she knows if the baby’s mine or not.” He said and ran his fingers through his hair.
“Why?” I asked.
“She doesn’t want to let me go.” He said.
“She’s the one that pushed you right into my arms.” I said. “Well we’ll still have to look for a lawyer and what not.”
“What’s the point, she’s never going to let me go if the baby is mine.” He said.
“Brian, baby, don’t give up on me now.” I said. “We will past this. I’m not giving up, no matter how bad things may get.”
“Why?” He asked.
“What the fuck happened to the happy guy that was just here?” I asked. “I want him back.”
“I’m sorry.” He said and sighed. “I just don’t want you to go through this.”
“I’m not going to let her win, yet again.” I said as the waiter came over to us with our food.
After the waiter walked away, all conversation stopped. We were both lost in our thoughts. And for the first time, in a long ass time, I couldn’t read Brian’s face and that scared the shit out of me.
Since we were kids, I have always been able to read him. I never thought he’d be able to close himself off to me.
“You’ve closed yourself off to me.” I said quietly.
“Huh? What?” Brian asked looking up at me.
“I can’t read you.” I said. “I’ve always been able to read you, but you’ve cut yourself off from me.”
“Shit, I’m sorry.” He said. “I was thinking.”
“About what?” I asked and took a huge drink of water.
“I’ll tell you later.” He said as two girls walked over to us.
I could tell right away that they were fans. Just what we needed, not.
“Hi Brian.” The Red head said.
“Well hello ladies. What can I do for you?” He asked.
“We just wanted to come over and say hi.” The Blonde said. “I’m Briteny and this is Christina.”
“That was nice of you and it’s great to meet you.” He said.
“We also wanted to tell you that we’re behind you all the way.” Christina said. “We love Hailey.”
“Really? I always thought the fans hated me.” I spoke for the first time since they came up to us.
“Most do, but we were your fans first. You’re the reason we fell in love with the Boys.” Briteny said.
“Wow, that’s so cool.” I said. “Did you hear that Bri, I turned my fans into your fans.”
“I heard.” He said and gave me an amused smiled.
“Is there anything we can do to help?” Christina asked.
“Just state your opinion but don’t start any fights.” He said. “We need all the support we can get.”
“Okay.” Briteny said. “We’ll do what we can from our end.”
“It’s a good thing you guys aren’t hiding. Us fans, we’re not stupid.” Christina said.
“We’re only human, we can make mistakes.” He said.
“We know that.” Briteny said and sighed. “I really wish some of your fans would grow up.”
“Well anyways were gonna go start tweeting.” Christina said. “Maybe we’ll see you around before you guys leave.”
“Maybe.” Brian said and smiled at the girls.
When he did, his whole face lit up.
“You are so lucky, Hailey.” Briteny said and sighed.
“I know.” I said smiling and taking his hand.
“Gosh, you two are way too cute.” Christina said.
“Thank you.” I said and fought not to blush.
“Well we’ll be going now.” Briteny said.
“So much to do, so little time.” Christina said and laughed.
“Have fun Ladies.” Brian said.
“Oh we will.” They said together and then walked away.
“That wasn’t so bad.” I said.
“Not at all.” He said. “Only if they were all like that.”
“We’ll take what we can get.” I said and smiled at him.
“That’s all we can do.” He said and smiled back.
After Brian was done eating, we decide to do some window shopping.
“Are you sure you’re really okay with this?” Brian asked.
“Bri, you know me. I wouldn’t be here if I wasn’t okay with this.” I said. “When’s the lat time I made you a promise and broke that promise?”
“Never.” He said. “I just don’t want to see what they’re gonna say about you now. It’s never been good, now it’s gonna be ugly.”
“It’ll be nothing I’ve haven’t heard before.” I said and laced our fingers together. “I’m gonna be by your side for as long as you want me here. I promise.”
“Let’s go look at rings.” He said out of the blue.
“Please tell me you’re kidding.” I said stopping in my tracks, pulling him with me.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~Brian’s POV~
“No.” I said. “I’m not kidding.”
She just stared at me opening and closing her mouth.
I pulled her close to me, not really caring who saw. I wanted her more then I’ve ever wanted Leighann before.
“I will not let Leighann win this.” I said and kissed her.
She pulled away from me and slightly smiled.
“But do we need to do it this way?” She asked. “I don’t need a ring to tell me I belong to you. I already know that.”
“I want to let the world know.” I said and kissed her again.
She pulled away again and laughed shaking her head.
“Fine, we can go look, but you better not buy me one.” She said and pointed her finger at me.
“I’ll do what I want thank you very much.” I said and started to walk again.
She did the only thing she could, and that was follow behind me.
“Will you stop pouting?” I asked.
“Nope.” She said as her phone rang again.
She pulled it out of her pocket, looked at it, and then stuffed it back in her pocket.
“Aren’t you gonna answer that?” I asked.
“Nope.” She said and pulled on her sunglasses.
“Why not?” I asked.
“It’s my mother.” She said as her phone started to ring again.
“Why not just shut it off then?” I asked.
“Because Baylee’s supposed to be calling,” She said. “Or that’s what Leighann said.”
“You trust her to tell you the truth?” I asked.
“No, but I’m not going to let her take away your son.” She said.
“You really are amazing.” I said and kissed our joined hands.
“Only for you.” She said and smiled at me.
“So where do you want to go to first?” I asked.
“Back to the hotel so I can show you how much I love you.” She said and grinned at me.
“You’re being a bad girl.” I said and winked at her.
“Are you gonna punish me?” She asked, as she couldn’t keep the grin off her face.
“If I have to.” I said. “But you’re not going to like your punishment.”
“Should I get my cuffs back from AJ?” She asked with a straight face.
I looked at her shocked, though I really shouldn’t be.
“Only if I can use them on you.” I said with a wicked grin.
“Don’t make promises that you won’t keep there Lover.” She said.
“AJ was right about you.” I said and laughed.
“What did that freak tell you?” She asked.
“I’ll never tell.” I said trying to hide my smile.
“Fine, I’ll just ask him the next time I see him.” She said and grinned at me. “Or I can work you up bad and get it out of you.”
“Never.” I said.
“We shall see.” She said and raised an eye brow. “Either way I’ll find out.”
“Bring it Baby.” I said as we walked into the jewelry store.
“I already brought it, I just have to get it back from AJ.” She said and grinned.
“What am I going to do with you?” I asked and laughed.
“OH I have a few grand idea, but none that I’d like to share with the public.” She said and wrapped her arm around my waist.
And always her hand found its way into my back pocket. She uses to do this to me while we were in high school. The one time I asked her about it, she told me it was a warning to other to keep their hands off I was her’s. She said she didn’t like sharing, and that included sharing me with other girls. Let me tell you it was hard for me to ever keep a girlfriend. Most girls we went to school with were scared of Hailey.
Like I said, she doesn’t share well at all.
“What are you thinking about?” She asked.
“You, as always.” I said looking down at the case we were in front of. “See anything you like?”
“Not really.” She said. “If I was to get a ring, I’d just want something small, that won’t bug me while I type.”
“If you come with me, I think I have something for you.” The sales woman said.
“Okay.” I said.
Hailey didn’t say anything as we followed her to another case.
That’s when I saw the ring that would be prefect for Hailey.
“That one.” I said and pointed to it.
“A very nice choice.” The lady said and pulled it out of the case.
She held it out for Hailey to take, but Hailey wouldn’t touch it. I rolled my eyes and picked up the ring and slid it on her ring finger. It was prefect fit.
“We’ll take it.” I said.
“Like hell we will.” Hailey said.
“Baby, please.” I said and stuck my bottom lip out.
I knew she could never resist my puppy dog face.
She just gritted her teeth and looked down at the ring on her finger.
I knew I had won. I leaped for joy in my head.
“We’ll take it.” I said turning back to the sales lady.
Her face just lit up, while Hailey’s darkened. She was pissed and I really didn’t care.
“How much is it?” Hailey asked.
“It doesn’t matter.” I said. “Now stop pouting because I won this time.”
She didn’t say anything.
I rolled my eyes and left her standing there. I walked over to the sales lady and bought the ring for her. I knew she wouldn’t be happy, but I wanted her to have it, even if she didn’t.
Once I was done paying Hailey pulled me out of the store and down the street towards the hotel.
“I didn’t think we were done shopping.” I said.
“Fine you can go shop by yourself.” She said and took off on me.
I sighed and caught her before she could get to far.
“I’m sorry.” I said and pulled her to me.
“Why?” She asked in a small voice.
“Because I wanted to, is that so wrong?” I asked. “Don’t answer that. If it makes you feel better, we can call it a promise ring and not an engagement ring.”
“Bri, you really didn’t have to.” She said and sighed.
“I know, but I wanted to.” I said.
“What will I do with you?” She asked and shook her head.
“Take me to Victoria’s Secret.” I said and smiled at her.
“God, you’re almost as bad as AJ is.” She said and laughed. “Led the way boy wonder.”
“As my lady wishes.” I said and laughed.
I took her hand in mine and led her down the street to the nearest Victoria’s Secret.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Here's the ring he bought her!

http://www.kay.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product1|10101|10001|-1|161228705|15051|15051.15057.15106
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Chapter End Notes:
Let me know what you think!