- Text Size +
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~Hailey’s POV~
By the time we got back to the room, my mood really hadn’t improved at all. I was still in shock about everything.
“You okay?” Brian asked locking the door behind us.
“Yeah, why do you ask?” I asked looking up at him.
“You were really quite for the rest of dinner.” He said.
“It kinda all just hit me at once.” I said.
“Oh.” He said and walked into the bedroom.
I wasn’t that far behind him.
“Brian, I told you I’m not going anywhere.” I said. “It was just a little bit of a shock.”
“You don’t sound so sure about that.” He said not looking at me.
“You have to be kidding me!” I said and threw up my hands. “I would do anything you asked me to do.”
“Then why don’t you want to wear my ring?” He asked turning to glare at me.
“Your wife just found out about us, don’t you see something wrong with that?” I asked.
“I love you.” He said and crossed his arms over his chest. “What more do you want me to say.”
“Nothing, I’m sorry I freaked out.” I said and touched his face. “This is just all so new to me.”
He dropped his arms and pulled me to him.
“I’m sorry; I can’t expect you to change over night.” He said and kissed my forehead. “If you don’t want to wear the ring you don’t have to.”
I pulled away from him and sat on the edge of the bed.
“It’s not that I don’t want to wear it.” I said. “I was just thinking we’d give the fans time to get use to the fact that we’re dating. Before we moved to this step, but I’m pretty sure the news will be out by the morning, if it isn’t already.”
“Well we’re not hiding anything.” He said and kneeled in front of me. “They will think what they want, but I care about is what you think.”
“You’re way too good for me, but having you here with me, I wouldn’t change it for the world.” I said. “I love you way to much to let you go again.”
“I love you too.” He said and pushed me back on the bed.
“Oh, you’re bad.” I said and pulled him on top of me.
“I only learned from the best.” He said and laughed.
“You have been sleeping with AJ again, haven’t you?” I asked and raised an eyebrow.
“Who told you that?” He asked rising above me.
“A little birdie.” I said and tried to hide my smile from him.
“Well I’ll have to go shoot me a birdie.” He said and grinned at me.
“Can’t you kill Nick tomorrow?” I asked and ran my hands up the back of his shirt. “I got plans for you tonight.”
“I think I can let you convince me to stay.” He said and leaned down to kiss me.
“Good, cause like I said, I have plans for you.” I said and smiled up at him.
“Mmm, can’t wait.” He said and kissed me again.
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
When the alarm clock went off the next morning, I really just wanted to roll over, shut it off, and snuggle back into Brian’s arms. But I knew that we’d be left behind if we didn’t show up. Not that I’d have a problem with that, Brian on the hand might.
“I don’t wanna get up.” Brian said and pulled the covers over our heads.
“I don’t either, but if we don’t we’ll miss the flight to Denver and we’d never live that down.” I said and kissed his chest.
“I hate when you’re right.” He said and sighed. “You want the shower first?”
“Sure.” I said and slid out of bed naked. “I wish I we had time for you to join me.”
“Me too, but we don’t. I’ll pack while you shower.” He said and slid out of bed.
I bit my lip to hold back a moan. Before I could jump him, I hurried to the bathroom.
When I was done with my shower, I wrapped a towel around me and went back out into the bathroom. Brian was sitting on the bed watching T.V., completely naked. I rolled my eyes and went over to my suite case.
“I already picked out something for you to wear.” Brian said.
“You did?” I asked raising an eyebrow at him. “Where is it?”
“Over here.” He said and patted the bed next to him.
I didn’t say anything as I dropped my towel to the floor. I walked over to him and crawled on to his lap.
“You and your sex drive is going to be the death of me.” He said and placed his hands on my hips.
“To bad we don’t have time.” I said and rolled off him.
“You live to tease me don’t you?” He asked and got out of bed.
“You know it.” I said and laughed.
“You’re mine after the concert.” He said and walked into the bathroom, shutting the door behind him.
“Bring your best baby!” I yelled after him.
I laughed and rolled off the bed. I pulled on the clothes that Brian had picked out for me.
When I was done with that, I took my lap top into the living room and sat in front of the T.V., which I had playing for ground noise.
I turned on my lap top and looked up at the T.V. just as they flashed a picture of Nick and Terri. I grabbed the remote and turned up the volume.
“And it looks like Nick Carter is off the market for good.” The women said. “It looks like him and his new flame tied the knot in Las Vegas last night.”
I stared at the T.V. shocked. I really hope they didn’t get married, because I’d be really pissed that I wasn’t there.
Shaking my head, I picked up my cell from the table and dialed Terri’s number.
“Terri’s phone Nick speaking.” Nick said answering her phone.
“Please tell me I really don’t have to kill you and they got it all wrong.” I said. “Because if you did what they are saying you did, I’m gonna be really, really, really pissed that I wasn’t there.”
“What are you talking about?” Nick asked. “I really have no idea what you’re even talking about.”
“You better not be lying to me Carter, because if won’t end well for you.” I said and hung up on him.
“Everything okay?” Brian asked standing in the doorway to the bedroom, only wearing my favorite jeans.
“For Nick’s sake, I really hope so.” I said looking up at him.
“What did he do that has you all upset?” He asked.
“They got hitched last night. Well according to the lady on T.V. they did.” I said.
“And that’s a problem because?” He asked.
“I wasn’t there.” I said. “I’ve been to every Backstreet weeding, and it kinda hurts that he’d get married without me there.”
“I’m sorry.” He said.
“It’s okay, I guess.” I said as I sat my lap top on the coffee table and stood up. “Give me your hand.”
“Why?” He asked.
“Do you trust me?” I asked.
“You know I do.” He said and walked over to me.
“Then give me your hand.” I said and held my hand out to him.
He didn’t say anything as he placed his right hand in mine.
I smiled at him as I wrapped the tops of my fingers around his wedding band. I slid it off his finger and shoved it in my pocket.
“If I’m gonna wear your ring, you’re not going to wear hers.” I said and brought his hand up to my mouth to kiss it.
“Okay.” He said and dropped his hand.
“That will make the biggest statement of them all.” I said
“I never really thought about it.” He said and looked down at his hand. “It’s weird not having it there.”
“We can get you another one if you want.” I said.
“No, I’ll be okay. It’ll just take some time getting use to it not being there.” He said. “I wonder how long it’ll take them to notice I took it off.”
“Who knows?” I said and shrugged. “I’m gonna check my emails real quick then I’ll pack the bathroom stuff.”
“Okay that sounds good.” He said and walked out of the room.
I sighed and sat back on the couch. I pulled my lap top back onto my lap again and opened the web browser.
Logging on to Yahoo, I found my inbox full of email from everyone from my Mom to my fans. I deleted most of the ones from my family; I really didn’t care what they had to say.
I emailed my editor back and then shut my lap top down. I stuck it back in its case then set it on the coffee table again.
When I walked back into the bedroom Brian was on the phone. I smiled at him and went into the bathroom.
I brushed my hair again, and then pulled it up into a pony tail. Looking at myself, I deiced to take my contacts out and wear my glasses. Seeing as I haven’t worn then in some time.
After that was done, I packed all of our bathroom things and then headed back into the bedroom.
Brian was still on the phone. I shrugged and put our bathroom bags in my suite case.
“Yeah okay, bye.” Brian said and hung up his phone.
“What’s wrong?” I asked looking at him.
“Leighann’s in the hospital.” He said.
“Oh God, is she okay?” I asked.
“She’s unconscious right now. My Mom’s flying down there to be with Baylee.” He said.
“We’ll leave right after the show tonight.” I said. “I’ll take care of everything.”
“Thank you.” He said and slid off the bed.
“It’s nothing. I know you that you need to be with your family.” I said. “I know the guys will understand.”
“Thank you.” He said again.
“I meant it when I said I’d do anything for you.” I said. “Even it means going to se your wife.”
He smiled at me. I smiled back at him.
“I’ll double check the bathroom.” He said and walked past me into the bathroom.
I sighed and made sure we had everything out of the bed room. Then I went into the living room, with my backpack to pack up my laptop.
As much as I hate Leighann right now, I really hope everything is okay. Baylee must be worried out of his mind. Damnit, I never meant for any of this to happen, but I can’t help how I feel about Brian. No matter what I’ve done in the past, he’s always been there for me, keeping me out of trouble.
The only other person I could count on, as I can Brian was my Dad. If it hadn’t been for Brian, I have no idea where I’d be today. My Dad’s death hit me hard; I was on a downward spiral, with no way to stop it.
My cell phone ringing brought me out of my thoughts. I pulled it out of my pocket and looked at it. Once again, it was my Mother calling.
“What?” I asked answering my phone.
“That’s no way to talk to your Mother.” She said.
“I really don’t have time for this, what do you want?” I asked.
“Gee, can’t I just call and talk to you?” She asked.
“No, look I’m really busy and really don’t have to time to talk to you, so either tell me what you want, or I’m hanging up.” I said.
“I heard Leighann was in the hospital.” She said. “I was just calling to see in my Grandchild was okay.”
“Why would I know?” I asked.
“Well aren’t you sleeping with her husband?” She asked.
“God, you really are a bitch aren’t you?” I asked. “You only called to find out if I really was sleeping with Brian, didn’t you?”
“I did not.” She said. “I really am concerned for Leighann, seeing as she’s giving me my fist Grandchild.”
“She’s not even sure if it’s Brad’s or not. It could be Brian’s for all we know.” I said and rolled my eyes. “So don’t go getting your hopes up. I’d hate see them crushed, again.”
“Why do you hate me so much?” She asked.
“After everything you did to me? You have to ask that question?” I asked starting to get really pissed. “You’re more fucked up then I thought.”
“You’re still pissed that I made you get an abortion.” She said.
“I didn’t have it.” I said. “I miscarried before I could do that. Plus Dad said I didn’t have to.”
“You wouldn’t have been living under my roof.” She said.
“God, why do you think Dad left me everything?” I asked. “He knew you’d never let me have what he left me, so he left it all to me. By the time the cancer took him, he hated you. He died wondering where the woman he fell in love with went. I hated seeing him like that. He deserved so much better then what you gave him. Hell so did I.”
“How can you say something like that?” She asked. “Are you trying to hurt me?”
“Because it’s the truth,” I said and wiped my eyes. “I have to go, don’t call me again.”
I didn’t wait for her to answer; I just hung up the phone and turn it off.
“You were pregnant?” Brian asked.
I looked up at him with tears in my eyes.
“By the time I went to tell you, I had already lost the baby. I didn’t want to hurt you more then I already did. I know it was stupid of me to hide it from you, but I had no idea what I was doing.” I said. “I really am sorry that I never told you. But I really didn’t want to hurt your chance of living out your dream.”
“What would you have done if would have had the baby?” He asked.
“I would have flown to Florida and hunted you down and told you.” I said. “I would have never kept your child from you.”
“You mean it?” He asked.
“Of course I do.” I said. “I know what family means to you.”
“Is that why you said no, when I asked you to marry me?” He asked.
“Partly, but I also knew that we weren’t ready for that yet. I had a lot more growing up to do.” I said. “The one thing that never changed was how much I loved you. You were the only one who was able to pull me back from the darkness and make me whole again.”
“I believe you.” He said. “Come here.”
He opened his arms for me to step into them.
I walked over to him, wrapped my arms around his waist, and laid my head on his shoulder.
“You and me together forever.” He said and kissed the side of my head.
“I don’t deserve you.” I said.
“You do to. “ He said. “You deserve the best. And I’m more then happy to give you whatever you want. Never doubt how much I love you.”
“I love you too.” I said as someone started to knock on our door.
I let go of Brian and went to answer the door, I was happy that I hadn’t put any make up on today.
When I pulled open the door, I saw AJ and Rochelle on the other side. They smiled at me as I let them in.
“What brings you guys by?” I asked shutting the door behind them.
“We came to see if you guys were ready to head down stairs.” Rochelle said.
“Just about.” Brian said and joined us.
“So did you guys here what Nick and Terri did last night?” AJ asked.
“Yeah and for his sake, they better be making it up.” I said and cracked my knuckles.
“Why?” Rochelle asked.
“Because I’ve been to ever Backstreet Wedding, and Terri’s my best friend.” I said. “It’s not that I don’t approve, because I do, it’s just I’ll be really hurt if they did get hitched without me.”
“Oh I see.” She said.
“Yeah.” I said.
“You okay?” AJ asked. “You seem a little off.”
“I just got off the phone with my Mom.” I said.
“What did she want?” AJ asked.
“To see if I really was sleeping with Brian or not,” I said and rolled my eyes. “She’s pretending that she actually cares about Leighann.”
“What’s wrong with Leighann?” Rochelle asked.
“She’s in the hospital.” I said. “We’re flying to Atlanta tonight after the show.”
“You sure it’s a good idea for you to go?” AJ asked.
“I’m not letting him go by himself.” I said. “But no I don’t think it’s a good idea for me to go, but like I said I’m not letting him do it alone.”
“He’s standing right here.” Brian said.
“Sorry.” I said and looked at him.
“It’s alright.” Brian said and pulled me to him. “I don’t want to go alone either.”
“I know.” I said and leaned back into him.
“God you two are so cute it’s sick.” AJ said.
I just smiled at AJ.
“Don’t even think about it.” AJ said and shook his finger at me.
“Think about what?” I asked.
“You know what.” AJ said.
“Do I?” I asked. “I’m not sure I do.”
“I’m not going to say it, because then you will do it.” AJ said and shook his head. “You’re not tricking me this time.”
“Fine, you’ve won this time.” I said and pulled away from Brian. “Bri, can you get our bags from the room and we’ll go?”
“Sure.” Brian said and walked into the bed room.
I walked over to the couch, picked up my backpack, and slipped it over my shoulder. Then I slid on my flats that were by the side of the couch.
When Brian came out of the bed room, I took my suite case from him and we head to the elevators.
Once down stairs we meet up with the rest of the group. Terri wouldn’t even look at me, and that right there told me she was guilty. She was just lucky we didn’t have time for me to be pissed off at her.
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
When we landed in Denver, we had to go right to the venue. We were running late and had no time to stop for anything.
While the boys were rushed into sound check, the girls and I loaded the buses since they were driving to Salt Lake City. Which I hoped that we’d make it back in time for that show, but I just wasn’t sure if that was going to happen. Who knew how bad Leighann was, and what was going on.
“Hailey?” Terri called out breaking me out of my thoughts.
“Back here.” I yelled.
I heard the door open to the bed room and Terri stuck her head in.
“So how mad are you right now?” She asked.
“I don’t have time right now to be mad at you.” I said. “I have to pack a bag for Brian and me.”
“Where are you going?” She asked.
“We’re flying to Atlanta tonight.” I said. “Leighann’s in the hospital and we don’t want to leave Baylee there alone.”
“Oh God, is she okay?” She asked.
“I hope so.” I said. “So I talked to my Mom today.”
“What did she want?” She asked.
“To find out if I was really sleeping with Brian.” I said. “She thinks that Leighann’s Baby is Brad’s.”
“Is it?” She asked.
“We won’t know until they do a DNA test.” I said. “But either way their marriage is over.”
“How can you be so sure about that?” She asked. “Not that I doubt you or anything.”
I reached in my pocket, pulled out Brian’s wedding ring, and handed it to her.
“Wow,” She said and looked at me.
“Yeah, I told him if I was going to wear his ring, he wasn’t going to wear hers.” I said. “He didn’t fight me when I took it off, but I know he’s missing it. I just hate that I had to take it off him. I wish he would have done it on his own, if I wouldn’t have taken it off, I don’t think he would have.”
“Maybe he never really thought about it. He has worn it for a long time.” She said.
“I know, but I want to the fans to know he’s serious about being with me.” I said. “I don’t want them to think that he’s going through some midlife crisis or something like that.”
“You gonna be okay?” She asked.
“I think so.” I said. “I talked to my Mom today.”
“How did that go?” She asked.
“She just wanted to see if I really was sleeping with Brian or not.” I said. “She didn’t care about anything else, just wanted something she could use against me.”
“Why does your Mom hate you so much?” She asked.
“Because she thinks I turned my Dad on her before he died.” I said. “Plus she’s still pretty pissed that Dad left everything to me and not her or my brother.”
“Wow.” She said.
“So are you gonna tell me the truth or not?” I asked changing the subject.
“I really am sorry.” She said.
“I would have been there if you would have told me.” I said.
“We were just walking around the strip and just kinda went for it.” She said and ran her fingers through her hair. “I really thought he was joking when he said he wanted to marry me.”
“That is one thing Nick would never joke about.” I said.
“I know that now.” She said. “Well at least the fans attention will be divide now.”
“Yeah well that doesn’t make me feel any better.” I said.
“I’m sorry.” She said. “I really am.”
“You’re just lucky I don’t have the energy to be pissed at you two.” I said.
“We’ll make it up to you, I promise.” She said.
“You better Mrs. Nick Carter.” I said. “God that’s weird to say.”
“It’s weird to say. God my Mom’s gonna kill me.” She said.
I just laughed and shook my head.
“And I have a feeling she’ll find a way to blame it all on me too.” I said.
“Most likely.” She said. “Well I’m gonna go on in, you wanna come?”
“No I gotta pack and then I gotta book our tickets.” I said.
“Well you have fun with that.” She said.
“Oh I will.” I said and rolled my eyes.
“See ya later.” She said and walked away.
I shook my head and went back to my packing.
I really didn’t want to go to Atlanta, but I wasn’t about to let Brian go alone. I had a bad feeling about us going, but if he didn’t go everyone would think that he didn’t care what happened to the mother of his children. Which isn’t true at all, he may not be in love with her anymore, but that didn’t mean he didn’t love her.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~