- Text Size +
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~Brian’s POV~
I didn’t see much of Hailey until after the sound check. Once we got to the hotel, she was off the bus. She got her own room on a different floor and I never got a chance to talk to her. I really felt bad for what I did, but damnit I really wanted to kiss her.
“What’s wrong with Hailey?” Howie asked snapping me out of my thoughts.
“I don’t know.” I said. “She got her own room. I haven’t seen much of her since we got here.”
“Something happened?” Howie asked.
“No.” I said not looking at him.
“You sure?” He asked.
“Yeah she’s just frustrated about her new book.” I said and shrugged.
“Oh who’s it about this time?” He asked.
“Tomas.” I said looking at him.
“No shit?” He asked. “No wonder she’s having a hard time with it.”
“What’s that supposed to mean?” I asked.
“Have you read any of her books?” He asked.
“No,” I said. “Why have you?”
“She sends AJ and I a copy of each book before it is released to see what we think.” He said.
“So.” I said.
“We both know that you’re Tomas.” He said. “It wasn’t hard to figure out.”
“What?” I asked.
“Besides the first book, Tomas has never had a sex scene.” He said. “Like I said it wasn’t hard to figure out.”
“You ever ask her about it?” I asked.
“No, because she’d never tell us the truth.” He said and shrugged. “So why ask.”
“So do you know who the others are?” I asked.
“I have an idea, but I’m not for sure.” He said. “Here she comes and she doesn’t look happy.”
I trued and looked, and Hailey was walking right for us. And he was right, she didn’t look happy at all. I wonder what happened this time.
“I’ll see you later Brian.” Howie said and walked away.
“What’s wrong?” I asked Hailey when she stopped in front of me.
“Lauren’s just being a bitch.” She said. “She just corned me and told me to keep my hands off Nick.”
“She didn’t?” I asked shocked.
“Oh she did.” She said. “Then she I had to remind her that he was mine first.”
“I’m guessing she didn’t like that.” I said.
“That would be a Hell no.” She said and sighed. “Then she said she didn’t understand how you could be friends with someone like me. What the Fuck is that supposed to mean?”
“I don’t know. You talk to Nick?” I asked.
“No, he’s still pissed about the whole phone thing.” She said and sighed.
“Oh what are you going to do about it then?” I asked.
“When I figure it out, I’ll let you know.” She said and smiled.
“I’m not even sure I want to know.” I said.
“Most likely no.” She said and laughed. “Thanks.”
“For what?” I asked.
“Making me feel better.” She said and hugged me.
“No prob.” I said and hugged her back.
She pulled away and smiled at me.
“Do you have time before the concert to have dinner with me?” She asked and played with the strap on her bag.
“Maybe, we’ll have to see.” I said.
“Okay, let me know.” She said. “Well I’m gonna go try and get this chapter done.”
“Good luck.” I said and laughed.
“Oh I’ll need it.” She said and pulled out her iPod. “Maybe I’ll just kill off Nick and I’ll feel so much better.”
“You mean in the book right?” I asked. “Because I can’t have my best friend in jail, again.”
“Dude that was once and it wasn’t even my fault.” She said.
“Wait hold up, did I just hear you right?” AJ asked walking over to us. “Hailey was in jail.”
“It was like for a day. They had the wrong person.” She said.
“That’s bull shit and you know it.” I said. “You just didn’t want your Mom to find out that you stole a car.”
“I did not steal the damn car; I borrowed it from a friend, who failed to tell me that he stole it.” She said. “So it wasn’t my fault.”
“Who the hell were you hanging out with?” AJ asked.
“The football team.” She said. “Trust me I beat his ass for it too. He couldn’t sit for two weeks. And then I turned him into the cops.”
“Why would be steal a car to begin with?” AJ asked.
“His girlfriend broke up with him.” She said and shrugged.
“And why did she break up with him?” I asked giving her a knowing look.
“She thought he was cheating on her with me.” She said. “They had a huge falling out, right in the middle of math class.”
“I’m guessing you had something to do with her finding out?” AJ asked.
“Now why would I do something like that?” She asked.
“Yeah just like you had nothing to do with Sarah finding out about us?” AJ asked with a raised eyebrow.
“Hey I told you ahead of time that I was going to do that.” She said and threw her hands up. “I hated that bitch. She was just using you.”
“What did you do?” I asked.
She just smiled at me.
“I’ll AJ tell you.” She said and walked away.
“What the fuck?” AJ asked.
“What did she do?” I asked.
“I have no idea how she planed it, but she someone figured out when Sarah would get home and then talked me into having sex with her and Sarah walked in on us.” AJ said.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~Hailey’s POV~
As I walked away, all I could hear was Brian’s laugh. I smiled and shook my head. Not shocked at all that he found that funny, he hated Sarah too, and Brian doesn’t hate anyone. But we both thought that she was just using him, and I was the only one who really could and would do something about it. And Damnit I did a good job too.
I wasn’t watching where I was going and I ran right into Nick, the last person I really wanted to see right now. Lovely.
“Watch where you’re going.” Nick said sounding pissed.
“Why don’t you go pull the stick out of your ass Carter?” I asked. “Oh wait I forgot how much you like it there.”
“What did you say?” Nick asked.
“I know that your heard me.” I said and rolled my eyes. “Want me to say it louder, so everyone can hear? Because I can, if that’s what you want.”
“Why are you being such a bitch?” He asked stepping closer to me.
“Because I know how much it turns you on when I’m one. To bad I don’t have time to play right now, or I’d help you with your big problem.” I said and ranked my eyes over his crotch. “Maybe Lauren can help you out. Tatta for now.”
I didn’t even wait for him to say anything I just walked to the edge of the stage and jumped down. I walked about half way up the seats and sat down. I put my earphones in and turned on my iPod, and then I pulled out my lap top.
While I waited for it to warm up, I looked around the arena. Nick was standing on the edge of the stage staring at me. I just flipped him off and looked down at my laptop. I typed in my pass word then brought up the chapter I was working on. I really hope I can write this without jumping Brian, but damnit, it was going to be very, very hard to do. He really should look so fuckable.
As I started to type, I let my mind wander, which I really don’t usually do, but I really couldn’t stop. All I could think about was that almost kiss with Brian last night. I wanted it so bad, but damnit all to Hell I couldn’t do that to Leighann. She was way too nice of a person to do that to.
I don’t know if Brian knows or not, but she’s done a lot for me. And can I really repay her this way? God I was such a horrible person. Fuck, this was even more fucked up then my relationship with Nick, and let me tell you, it’s fucked up. I swear he starts a fight just so we can have make up sex and we’re not even dating. Like I said, it’s fucked up.
“You in there?” Brian asked making me jump.
“Fuck you scared me.” I said and shut my laptop.
“Sorry I didn’t mean to.” He said and sat in front of me. “We’re gonna head out for dinner.”
“Okay, let me save this and shut down my laptop.” I said and reopened my lap top. “Where are we going?”
“Nick picked.” He said.
“Damn, can we go some where else?” I asked. “I mean I did ask you to dinner.”
“I think we’re just going back to the hotel, since it’s so close.” He said.
“Oh well I guess that works.” I said as I shut down my laptop.
I stuck it back in my bag and then stood up.
“Well let’s roll.” I said.
“Don’t worry; we’ll get our own table away from the guys.” He said. “I know you wanna talk about last night.”
“Yeah.” I said as I followed him down the stairs.
Because I was watching Brian’s ass, instead of watching where I was walking, I ran right into the back of Brian when he stopped next to the other guys. AJ just raised an eyebrow at me, and in turn, I just flipped him off.
“Oh promises, promises.” AJ said.
“You name the time and place and I’ll keep that promise.” I said and smirked at him. “I always do, don’t I?”
“I really don’t think so.” AJ’s girlfriend said.
“Do you even know what I’m talking about?” I asked.
“No, but whatever your thinking, it’s not happening with my man.” She said grabbed AJ’s arm.
“Wow she’s a keeper.” I said and rolled my eyes.
“Hailey be nice.” Brian said.
“But Daddy, I don’t wanna be nice.” I said in a whiney voice.
“Well then you’re grounded, for two weeks.” Brian said trying not to laugh.
“But Daddy that’s not fair!” I said and stomped my foot.
“God how old are you?” Lauren asked.
“34.” I said.
“Why don’t you try acting your age?” Laruen asked.
“Gee why didn’t I ever think of that?” I asked.
“Why are you such a bitch?” Laruen asked.
“Because it’s so much more fun then being nice.” I said and smiled at her. “People don’t mess with you when you’re a bitch.”
“Maybe you’d have more friends if you weren’t such a bitch.” She said. “And maybe then you can leave these guys alone.”
“Laruen, you better watch it.” AJ said. “You are skating on very thin ice.”
“Whatever, I don’t give a fuck what she thinks of me.” I said. “I’m hungry.”
“Come on let’s go feed the beast.” Brian said.
“Hey, I’m not a beast.” I said and slapped his shoulder.
“In bed you are.” AJ said and took off running.
“Oh that’s it!” I yelled after him. “Howie be a doll and take my bag.”
Howie didn’t say anything he just took my bag from me. I smiled and took of after AJ. That shit head was dead when I caught him. The Boys wouldn’t be the same without him, but they’ll get over his death.
“You’re dead McLean.” I yelled at him as I caught up to him.
“That’s if you catch me.” He yelled back to me.
“I always do.” I yelled.
He didn’t say anything just started to run faster.
I picked up my speed and once I was close enough I lunged at him, bring us both to the floor.
“Haha, I told you I’d catch you.” I said grinning down at him.
He didn’t say anything as he flipped us over.
“But I’m on top.” He said and laughed.
“Not for long.” I said and flipped us back over. “Now for your punishment.”
“No not that.” He said between laughs.
“Oh yes, that is what I will do.” I said and started to tickle his sides.
“Uncle.” He said laughing even harder. “Damnit I said uncle.”
“Really?” I asked not stopping.
“If you don’t stop I’m gonna pee my pants.” He said.
“Ugh, fine.” I said and stopped. “But you must admit I rule.”
“No never!” He said.
“Fine.” I said and slowly brought my hands back down to tickle him some more.
“Okay, okay, you rule!” He yelled.
“Now was that so hard?” I asked standing up.
“Yes.” He said as I stuck my hand out to help him up.
“But you liked it.” I said and raised an eyebrow.
“Shut up.” He said and pushed me.
“Oh you know you love me.” I said pushing him back.
“You just don’t play fair.” He said and pouted.
“Why start now? I never have.” I said. “And stop pouting you’re not Nick.”
“Ouch that hurts.” AJ said and held his chest.
“I really think you’ll be okay.” I said and laughed as the others walked over to us.
“Are you two done rough housing?” Howie asked.
“Yes Dad.” We both said.
Howie just rolled his eyes and started to laugh.
“God I’m surround by children.” Laruen said.
“And the best part is that you’re dating the biggest child of them all.” I said. “Ain’t that funny.”
“I really hate you.” Laruen.
“Good thing I won’t lose any sleep over that.” I said and rolled my eyes.
“Hell if you did, you’d never sleep.” Howie said.
“Way to true.” I said. “Hey Lauren, I think they have a group on Facebook. You might wanna check it out.”
“I’ll be sure to do that.” Lauren said rolling her eyes.
“I thought we were going to get food.” Leigh said shifting James on her hip.
“We are.” Howie said. “Let me take him.”
“Sure.” Leigh said as she handed James to his father.
“Well let’s go.” Brian said and threw his arm over my shoulder.
I just slipped my arm around his waist and stuck my hand in his back pocket.
As much I really didn’t want to have this conversation with Brian, I knew I had to. Nothing would be okay if I did tell him how I really feel.
Why do I have a feeling this isn’t going to go the way I’d like it to?
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~