- Text Size +
“Look there he is,” Grace smiled as she and Anne spotted Mr. Littrell.
 
The fair haired man vowed as he spotted the two women, “Miss Johnson how good to see you.”
 
Miss Johnson smiled as she looked at him with such admiration. “This is Anne Philips, she will make a wonderful professor for the children.”
 
“Nice to meet you,” Anne curtsied.
 
“Miss Philips I have heard that you have experience teaching. The Johnson’s have spoken well about you. If you follow me I will show you the school. I opened this school for the less fortunate children in town but, I am called upon back to town. A cousin of mine requests my assistance and so I need someone to tend to the children.” Mr. Littrell continued to walk to the small cottage near a bigger house. “You will be provided with a place to live right by the school and a salary of eight pounds a year.” They walked into the small cozy cottage and Anne sighed.
 
“It is quite cozy,” she said smiling as she looked at the chimney. “I will gladly take the job.”
 
“That is absolutely wonderful Miss. Anne you have no idea how I was regretting leaving this hopeless children without a place to get educated. I shall call upon the help to grab your belongings from the Johnson’s.” Mr. Littrell said excitedly.
 
“Oh this is such good news, see Anne the lord has heard our prayers.” Grace hugged her new friend.
 
“Excellent, I will show you the school now if you wish.” Mr. Littrell said just as happy as the two young ladies.
 
**********
 
“I do not want to go uncle,” Fanny said stubbornly to her uncle.
 
“Fanny I have no time for your foolishness your are set to leave to London first thing tomorrow morning.:” Sir James said annoyed with his niece.
 
“Why can you not get Anne back? I want Anne!” she cried running out.
 
“Greta please go find her and make sure she is ready for her departure to London. That boarding school is costing me a fortune so she must go.”
 
“Yes Sir,” Mrs. Potts said leaving her master alone.
 
“James,” Mr. Carter said walking in to find his friend very irate. “you alright?”
 
“No Carter my niece hates me for sending her to boarding school.” Sir James sighed heavily taking a seat. “Fanny wants Anne.”
 
Mr. Carter smiled at the mention of Anne, “James do you not think it would be best to bring her back?”
 
Sir. James smiled bitterly, “Anne hates me Carter she was quite clear on her dislike for me and the need to leave this place. I do not want to talk about this anymore. I truly believe Fanny will like her school.”
 
“Alright I have to say I am heading back to London tonight with my sister... I shall see you once you arrive.” He turned to leave but instead lingered at the entrance. “James have you thought why is it you are so frustrated?”
 
Sir James was about to answer when in came a distressed Mrs. Potts. “Sir! Sir, Fanny has fallen off her pony and is not responding.” She was in tears.
 
“How did this happen?” Sir James ran out and in search of her niece. Suddenly he felt he was at fault for what had happened. Had he not forced her to go to London she would have not run out and this would have not happened.

"I will go find a doctor," Mr. Carter said leaving right away.

**********

Anne smiled as she sat in her own home. Yet as she sat there she could not but think about her time at Longborn. She had to admit she missed Fanny and Mrs. Potts. As for Mr. James she could not care for but why was he in her mind?
Chapter End Notes:
it's short but the next one will be better.