- Text Size +
Chapter 21: son

Main POV:

Wow there sure are a lot of people here. (sam) yeah. So you are having fun? (Howie) sam was about to answer when she saw a mother and son she thought she’d never see again. Oh my; he’s gotten so big since I last saw him. (Sam) Sam what are you talking about? (Howie) milla what a surprise. Didn’t know you were in san fran. (sam) huh? Oh anna what are you doing here? (milla) I’m Howie’s guest . He’s really grown. (sam) yes he has, he’s such a good boy. I’m just glad he takes after his mother. (milla) me too. I’m also glad he’s in a good home. My life isn’t stable enough for him to visit right now. (sam) why? Something happen? (milla) yeah Jason got thrown in jail and released; carly his step sister and Howie’s ex tried to kill me and is now in jail. (sam) oh my gosh sam, are you ok? (milla) yeah it’s been 5 weeks, maybe he can spend my 16th bday with me while I’m here. (sam) maybe you can spend the day with cam on his too. (milla) could I? (sam) yeah he’d like that wouldn’t you cam? (milla) hey what do you say we get out of here, this is no place for cam to be. (sam) yeah sure. (milla) sam, milla and cam left Howie standing clueless.

Outside:

Will you 2 tell me what’s going on. (Howie) huh? (sam and milla) how do you 2 know each other? (Howie) oh umm… (sam) I’m milla and this is my adoptive son camron or cam. (milla) I used to baby sit cam until milla got her current job. (sam) ok that’s cool. So milla what do you do? (Howie) I’m an event coordinator. I setup events, charity auctions, fashion related events… etc… (milla) she helped get this DLF event off the ground you know. (sam) how did you know I helped with this event. (milla) who do you think told them to call you. (sam) that was you? (milla) yep. I knew you could handle something like one of Howie’s DLF events and he’s the man behind DLF. Come on cam lets let the big grown ups talk. (sam) sam picked up cam and left Howie and milla to talk.

At a near by park:

So are you being a good boy? (sam) cam nodded. That’s good. I don’t need you turning out like your daddy. Your uncle Jason and aunt carly have been bad and had to go to big people time out, like your daddy did. You’d think when they saw daddy get sent to time out they’d be good. Nope, first uncle Jason, but he was good and was let out. Aunt carly is in big people time out for trying to hurt mommy. (sam) cam frowned. Right, bad aunt carly. (sam) milla and Howie soon came looking for them. There you 2 are. Did you have fun cam? (milla) yes he did. (sam) how do you know. (now there’s a dumb question considering she has been with the kid the past 20 mins) (Howie) cam’s my buddy, we understand each other, right? (sam) camron nods. See I told you! Silly Howie. (sam) how old is your son milla? (Howie) he’s 2. Why? (milla) no reason. Just wondering how he can understand such big words. (bad move Howie. Bad move.) (Howie) camron looks at Howie like he’s crazy (he’s not, he just can’t see genius if it smacked him). No, cam he’s not crazy. He just can’t see you for the genius you clearly are (see I told you!) and yes you got it from your mommy. (sam)

At the hotel:
So how do you really know camron and milla. (Howie) I told you already. (sam) that’s just your cover story (does he have a death wish?) (Howie) Howie don’t. just don’t. the truth about how I know milla and camron is my personal business. I don’t ask you about how you meet carly. You don’t ask me about cam and milla alright? (sam) ok ok, don’t bite my head off. (Howie)
Chapter End Notes:
Final Authors Note:
For those slow to catch on, camron is Sam’s son, Jim is the father, Jason and carly are the “uncle” and “aunt”, that means Jim and Sam’s parents are cam’s grand parents. Jim’s parents want nothing to do with cam (sad I know) while Sam’s adore him. Milla’s real name is milenda and she was Sam’s brother kyokoi’s GF and adopted cam and is raising him until Sam is old enough to do it herself. Milla is 22.