- Text Size +
Chapter 6
Us against the world

Main pov
Any Other Way comes over the radio:

there you go, god you're crashing my dreams again
just when I'm tryin' to get over you
I tell my heart, but I can't seem to comprehend
a day without you
now you're gone
got a life
but I wear the scars
reminding me by the hour
that it's time to accept
it's the way things are
I wish I could but

I can't imagine it any other way
a world without you is only wasted space
you're gone and I'll always wonder
why it can't be any other way
any other way

since you drained all the color out of the sky
how am I supposed to feel
it's like I'm living in somebody else's life
tell me it's not real

I can't imagine it any other way
a world without you is only wasted space
you're gone and I'll always wonder
why it can't be any other way

Bree, nic, sarah and alex were all moving and singing to the song (ya know aj rocked it.). Nic pulled out her camcorder and asked sam to record them. She just nodded. She really didn’t feel like listening to the song or enjoying it. It was just too heartbreaking. Sure it was a great song (and it is!). But, it always brought sad memories for her (you’ll find out why in later chappies). Memories of someone she’d never meet. Someone who’s life was cut way to short. Of someone who couldn’t even fight back and who should be here but, isn’t. it wasn’t fair. She didn’t understand why someone could do something so cruel to one who couldn’t even protect himself. She just prays no one else will have to go through what she once did (she knows it happens everyday and prays it’ll stop one day. Though she doubts it ever really will.) as long as people like Jason are out there, it may never be safe for people like her. (deep huh?)

Alex pov

I could tell she wasn’t into the song like the others were (really? You don’t say). When nic asked her to record us she only nodded. every time nic sarah or bree would look at her she’d give them a small (halfhearted was more like it) smile. It never really reached her eyes like it did before she knew Jason was here (no ya don’t say). It’s probably that but still I wonder what it could be wrong (why don’t you ask). I’ll have to ask her away from her friends. I don’t want them beating me up for something I shouldn’t be doing. I’ll wait until we get to the club.
Main pov
(Jason’s parent’s names are Ben (his dad) and aqua (his mom)
Sam could tell aj knew something was wrong. she decided to talk to him before they got to the club. It would be easier that way. She handed the camcorder to bree and moved to the far side of where aj was sitting. They thought she was getting ready to jump out once they got to the club (nope not today). That was until she said she wanted to talk to aj. Bree looked mad (oh layoff it bree she only wants to talk). Will you get over it bree I’m only going to talk to him, he needs to know what to expect from Jason when we get there. You know how Jason will get if he thinks aj’s seeing me. (sam) it doesn’t matter what he thinks anymore. (sarah) to you maybe, but I don’t need anyone hurt on this trip. Jason can be a violent person when he’s jealous. I don’t want him beating up a Backstreet boy. (sam) he’s not even suppose to be here. (bree) he really doesn’t care, bree. He’d hit anyone who he thought was trying to take me away from him. I really don’t need the press thinking I have a psycho boyfriend who beats anyone who blinks at me up. (sam) I thought the press wasn’t going to be there? (nic) their not. Unless they caught wind of you girls coming. (aj) heck there could be fans outside waiting. (bree) good chance. That’s why we’re going in the back. (aj) I just hope Jason is by himself. (sam) why? (sarah) I don’t need one of his friends knowing I’m here. (sam) it’s not like they’d follow you or anything. (nic) wanna bet. There are people who either know Jason or his father. They probably knew Jason beat me but have too much respect for his father or Jason himself to do anything. I don’t think his father knew right away but his mother did. I know she’d of told his dad. But neither would have done anything for fear he’d do something. (sam) like beat you . (nic) uh huh. I remember the day Jason’s father came home and found out Jason was beating me. I’d been over talking to his mother (Jason wasn’t home) about how Jason was getting hard to deal with. His father had come home just as I was telling his mother about the bruise. * flashback: is everything ok in here? (Jason’s dad) no, it’s not Ben. (aqua) what’s wrong? (Ben) are son has been beating his girlfriend behind our backs. (aqua) what?! That can’t be true. Sure he can be hard headed at times but he’d never hit someone. (Ben) I wouldn’t be so sure. (sam) oh, hello sam. So is it true then, has Jason been hitting you? (ben) yeah. It started off light playful, then it got worse. He’d grab my arm. Smack me for something I didn’t do. Small stuff. Now I’m not so sure. (sam) why’s that? (ben) sam should them some of the bruises, Jason had given her.* oh my, why didn’t you tell us? (sarah) Jason made me promise not to. Of course when he found out his parents knew…(sam) you ended up with that bruise across your back. (bree) uh huh. Hurt like heck too. (sam) I bet. Did he hit you before we left? (what do you think?) (bree) what do ya think. This is Jason were talking about here. (sam) well yeah, but… did he? (nic) sam took off the jacket she’d been wearing since they left. You could tell she’d had bruises, scars and who knows what else happen to her just by looking at her arms and shoulders. Sam had on a low backed bright green halter top with the words ask me later across the front in white. When she turned her back to the others you could see what looked to be the start of a nasty bruise. Omg! (bree) I don’t believe him. (nic) how could he. (sarah) you should get that looked at. (aww he cares. ) (aj)