- Text Size +
Chapter 8: memories long forgotten

Main pov

Jason was taken off to the county jail. Bree, sarah, nic, alex and sam all went inside the club. They soon found the others. Omg! Is that who I think it is? (no.) (sarah) yes and it’s his fault we got stuck in traffic. (aj) go easy on him, his just a kid. Ok aj? (sam) sure sam, but that doesn’t mean he shouldn’t own up to it. (aj) never said that. I just asked you to go easy on the poor boy. I meant what I said about not wanting anyone hurt on this trip. I’ve been hurt by enough people as it is. I don’t need anyone else going through what I did with Jason and his friends. (sam) ok, I understand. (aj) (no ya don’t) no you don’t and I don’t want you too EVER.
But, thanks. (sam) welcome. (aj) ok, what are you two talking about? (bree) (you.) about how aj’s not going to pummel nick for making him pick us up (for now at least) and that nick is going to give aj his phone and is going to stop staring at sarah (hehe) before I smack him (you wouldn’t do that would you?) (sam) but I thought…. (aj) I don’t. never said nick didn’t deserve what he got. (sam) Sam, why was Jason talking about your brother? (sarah) I don’t get it, I thought you were an only child? (nic) what happened to your brother anyway? You never told us. (bree) that’s cause I don’t like talking about it. Nic was out of town that day. Onii-chan was coming home for one of his visits. (Sam) wait? Didn’t he live with you? (nick) no. he was living with our aunt (dad’s sister) while he went to high school in viola. (sam) viola? That’s north of us isn’t it? (sarah) uh huh. About a 12 hr drive (and to think LA is 6hrs) from new main. Anyway, bree and sarah had come over. (Sam) what’s his name? (aj) kyokoi. (sam) your bro has a funny name. (nick) shut it carter. Onii-chan loved his name. It meant great love in Japanese. (sam) so what happened? Cause one day he just stopped visiting. (bree) it was the day before my 5th birthday. Onii-chan was coming over for one of his weekly visits and for my birthday. Jason’s dad and mine worked together at the time. (sam) well now we know why you can put up with him so well. (bree) I was 4. I really didn’t like Jason (he was 6). He’d always tease me about hiding behind onii-chan when ever he was home. (hello!) I was 4 (going to be 5 the next day). It’s not like I cared what a 6 yr old said to me. (sam) I wouldn’t either. (aj) he never made it. (sam) I remember the news saying someone was hit by another driver that had run the light. (sarah) he was only 3 blocks away too. (sam) that was him! (bree, nic and sarah) *nods* nic couldn’t make the party cause she was in west Albany. (sam) you were dead the days following the service. (sarah) she was more like a freakin’ zombie. (nic)

Alex pov:
Wouldn’t you be too? (aj) how old was your brother? (Kevin) he was the same age I am now. He’d be brian’s age now if he’d have lived. (sam) oh, I’m sorry. (aj) it’s ok aj. I’m over bursting into tears when I talk about him now. (sam) no your not. Your teary eyed right now. (nic) nic, would you layoff it for a while. Sam needs sometime to herself. (aj) ok ok. (nic) it’s ok you guys. I’m over it. (sam)

Main pov:
(time for a change of pace)

Well, seeing as how you know who we are. (smooth nick. Real smooth) what are your names? (nick) (can you say stupid question.) the one with the dark brown hair and smart attitude is Nicole or nic as we’ve been calling her. (since when did you know who was who?….. Oh wait you were in a limo that was stuck in sucky LA traffic. never mind. ^^; ) (aj) that’s my name don’t wear it out. Nice to meet you. (nic) the red head (who nick still won’t stop staring at) is sarah. She’s a sweetheart (you lie!) (she is a nice person when you get to know her) who can get down with the best of them. (aj) I whooped your butt. (sarah) the dark haired, I’ll kick your @$$ if you mess with my friends is bree. (aj) don’t make me mad and you’ll butt won’t get kicked. (bree) please forgive bree, nic and sarah. We had a nasty run in with my ex and their still (somewhat) mad. Anyway, my name is sam. Don’t ask about the hair (she won’t tell). Onii-chan’s was an orange-ish/ rust color. So it runs in my family. (sam) yeah it does. (sarah) no one asked you sarah. (sam) *:P* (sarah) well we really should be leaving (the fun’s over?). (Kevin) can’t we stay? We did just get here. (sarah) NO! (bree and sam) *pouts* (sarah) sarah, your 16 for goodness sake. People your age really shouldn’t be in a place like this. (bree) what about nic and sam? (sarah) they shouldn’t be in a place like this either. (bree) what about you bree? (nic) do I look like I want to be here? I’ve seen what drinking does to people and I don’t like it. (bree) and to think you still like us. (nic) isn’t that what friends do? (bree) most people aren’t you bree. Not everyone in the world would have stayed. (sarah) I mean with what the three of us have gone through. (nic) well they haven’t know you since daycare. (bree) you have got to be the only person who could stick around after the stuff sarah, sam and I have been through. None of it was pretty either. (nic) no one that comes to mind. (bree) that might be true. But, you still love us. (nic) you two are dorks. (sarah) maybe, but you still care. (nic) gee, guess that makes me chopped liver? (sam) no. that makes you party ball! ( bree, nic and sarah) you three did not just bring that up?! (sam) I think whatever it is, they did. (aj)