- Text Size +

Nick was dropping the kids off at Alex’s. They were going to spend the night. I was getting ready for my special date with Nick. Before he left, he made me a bubble bath. I enjoyed relaxing in the foamy water. I found myself relaxed and calm. I stepped out of the tub and grabbed a white fluffy towel.

“Let me help you.” Nick smiled at me while staring at my naked body. I threw the towel at him, and he slowly dried me off. “You’re starting to show a little. You look beautiful.”

“We’ll have to tell everyone soon.” I kissed him sweetly.

“I’ll let you get dressed. Meet me in my studio when you’re ready.” He left the room.

I quickly dried and fixed my hair. I put on the green sundress I had bought a while back. Nick would love it. I slipped my feet into a pair of black flats. Quickly I made my way to Nick’s studio.

“Are you ready Nick?”

He looked up at me and smiled. He hit a button and music came on. Nick held out his hand to me, and I took it. We slowly started swaying back and forth to the music.

“I love that dress on you.”

“Thank you.” He held me close. I could feel his breath on my neck. We danced to the music with a comfortable silence between us. No words needed to be spoken. Our bodies were doing the talking.

“I never thought we’d be here doing this. I thought we’d be divorced and leading separate lives.” Nick said quietly.

“A few months ago, I thought I was going to end up lonely. My heart was crushed at the time.”

“My heart was broken, too. I didn’t want to file for a divorce, but I felt I was stuck.” He told me seriously.

“I pushed you Nick. I regret that. But fate stepped in when I fell down the steps.” I chuckled softly.

“Yeah, that was divine intervention. It forced us to face the issues.”

“I’m glad it did. I’m happier than I have been in a long time.”

The music stopped and Nick pulled me over to the other side of the room. He had a picnic set up on the floor. We both sat down.

“Nick, this is nice. You went to a lot of trouble.”

“For you, I would go to hell and back. You’re worth it.” He fed me a piece of watermelon.

“So, do you want a boy or a girl? We have both, so what do you want?”

“I will be happy with either. As long as it is a healthy baby, I will be a happy daddy.”

“I’ve been thinking of some names.”

“Like what?” He stuffed a noodle in his mouth.

“I like Aiden or Matthew for a boy. I like Kylie or Addison for a girl.”

“I like Aiden and Addison. That would be great names for twins.” He laughed.

“I don’t know if you could handle twins.” Nick pouted. I patted his leg to comfort him.

“When are we going to tell Jacks and Rachey?”

“How about tomorrow when they get home.”

We finished eating. I kissed Nick hard on the lips. He pulled me closer to him. We continued kissing. I wrapped my arms around Nick’s neck. His fingers ran through my hair. I felt a spark of desire run through my body. He trailed kissed down my neck and stopped at my collar bone. He took his time licking my collar bone and then gently sucked on it. I moaned. His lips on my body felt incredible. My body was on fire. Nick gently laid me on the floor. He trailed kisses all over my skin. Our desire took over and we made love on the floor.

“Nick that was amazing. I love you.” I kissed his forehead.

“All I can say is WOW! I love you so much Ashton. To think I almost lost you. You are the love of my life. You’re my soul mate. There’s no one else for me.” Nick’s eyes began to water. He sat up and grabbed his pants that were thrown on the couch. I saw him take something out of his pocket.

“Nick what’s this?” He placed his finger on my lips to shush me.

“Ashton you mean the world to me. Your love means everything to me. You love me for me. You love me when no one else does. I know I’m not perfect and you accept that. You’re the sunshine when my world is full of storm clouds. I can’t live my life without you. I tried and it was miserable. I want to spend the rest of my life loving you. Will you marry me?”

“Yes!!! Nick, I love you more than I could ever say. You’re my soul mate. I want to spend forever loving you. Our separation proved to me what was important. I’ve learned what is truly important in life. I would be honor to marry you again.”

Nick opened the velvet box and took out the ruby and diamond ring. He removed my old wedding bands and placed the new ring on my left ring finger.

“This is a new beginning. I promise to be faithful and honest with you. If there’s a problem, I will make sure to communicate with you. I’m going to be a better husband than I was before.” He kissed me.

“Nick can we have a family wedding. I want everyone to be there.” I kissed him back.

“You can have anything you want.”

I snuggled next to Nick. I was the happiest woman alive. I had the best husband in the world. I had the best kids in the world. I was excited about our new baby. I was happy. Life was great!

 

THE END

 

 

 

Chapter End Notes:
Well it ended happily ever after. There may be a sequel in the future. I'm not sure yet. If you are interested in learning how Nick and Ashton ended up together, be sure to read the prequal. It should be up very soon.

Thank you for taking the time to read my first story. I appreciate all the reviews.