- Text Size +

Nick woke up the next morning completely relaxed. After he'd gotten home from his date with Veronica he had worked out for a couple of hours and played video games for a few hours after that. It was an overall great day. He smiled as he recalled making plans with Veronica for dinner tomorrow night, he even let her choose the place.

He looked at his calendar schedule for the day, unsure what he was going to do with himself. He and the other guys in his group, The Backstreet Boys, were on a much needed rest and relaxation. They had decided against touring with The New Kids on the Block over the summer and he wasn't regretting the decision. He had more time to go over songs for his own album.

He picked up his guitar and spread some of the songs out in front of him, strumming along he was trying to decide which of the songs he might choose to record. After a few hours his stomach was starting to growl and he decided he needed to take a break. He went to the fridge and opened the door, he had very little food inside. He groaned and shut the door.

Nick stood in his kitchen wondering what he was going to do about food. He grabbed his keys from the counter and got in his car. It was almost like he was on autopilot. He really had no idea of what he wanted and when he parked he realized he was at the restaurant he and Lindsey stopped at the day he took her home. “What are you doing Carter?” He asked himself. It was becoming a nasty habit of his, talking to himself. He mentally slapped himself and decided since he was here he might as well get some food, to go.

Laughter erupted from a table of women when he entered causing his eyes to shoot in their direction. He smirked when he saw Lindsey sitting amongst the ladies. Her eyes caught his and she excused herself and made her way over to him.

“Now you are stalking me?” She asked with the same attitude she had with him while she was in the hospital.

He laughed and shook his head. “No, I sort of just drove here. I was hungry and well thought I'd get some food. I didn't know you would be here.”

“Well since you are, would you care to join us?” She indicated the table full of women, many of which were looking in his direction and whispering amongst themselves.

“Nah, looks like it's a ladies day out, I'd hate to interrupt.” He really did not want to sit with that group of women and listen to them talk about guys, or worse talk about him. He didn't want to deal with women fawning over him today.

Lindsey looked back at the table of women and waved her hands at them indicating they should look somewhere else. She turned back to Nick, “Are you going to eat alone?”

“I was just going to pick some stuff up and take it back to my place to eat,” He looked around for the hostess so he could place a to go order. He knew that at least one of the women behind Lindsey knew who he was and he really wanted to get out of there before the rest of them realized and wanted autographs or pictures. He groaned when he realized that she'd probably told them all that he was the guy who ran his car into hers. Twitter had probably erupted with people tweeting about it already.

“What?” Lindsey was asking him looking confused.

“What do you mean what?” Nick asked equally as confused.

“You tell me, you are the one that groaned. If I'm boring you I'll just return to my friends,” Lindsey turned to leave but Nick grabbed her good arm.

“No it wasn't that, I was just remembering that I forgot to,” he paused trying to think of something, anything he could tell her besides the fear of being everyone in the Twitter world knowing that he ran into a car. “I forgot to walk my dog this morning.” He nodded hoping that she would buy it.

“Oookay,” She said, he could tell she didn't quite believe him. They stood looking at each other for a few more minutes. “Was there something else you wanted to share besides forgetting to walk you dog?”

“Can I get your number?” He blurted out. He knew she refused before but he hoped she would change her mind.

“Girl you better,” he heard one of her friends shout to her causing her to blush. The rest of her friends continued to goad her and finally she grabbed a pen off the hostess stand and grabbed Nick's hand writing down her phone number on the palm of his hand.

“Don't call it,” She warned.

“Why is it the number for some sex chat line you work for,” he laughed at himself but stopped short when he saw her icy glare.

“And there's the reason I didn't want you to have it.” She turned and made her way back to the table. Her cheeks were bright red by this point from all the comments her friends were making when she arrived back.

“Dammit, Lindsey,” he called after her. He turned and left the restaurant getting back in his car and looking at the number on his hand. He quickly punched the number into the phone but as he expected it went straight to voice mail. “Lindsey, look, I'm sorry for that comment. I hope we can talk soon.”

He turned the key in the ignition and pulled out of the lot. He was halfway home before his stomach growled reminding him that he forgot to order food while he was at the restaurant.